|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
|“||The results were beyond anything I could've hoped for. Not only Galvan B was inhabitable, but there was an unforeseen consequence. My experiment had inadvertently prompted the creation of a brand new techno-organic species, the Galvanic Mechamorphs.||”|
Galvanic Mechamorphs are a techno-organic species with a gel-like body composed of small cell-like creatures called nanites.[pop-up 1] They have a green color scheme and have one cyclopean eye in the center of their face. Their bodies are covered entirely in a circuitry pattern that can vary from Mechamorph to Mechamorph. They can be slim, fat or muscular.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can come in a variety of other forms as well, some of them resembling animals, and some appearing as trees and other plants.
As they come in various shapes and forms, the large variety of silhouettes make it difficult to distinguish female Mechamorphs from males. The sole confirmed female Mechamorph has head proportions much more in line with that of a human, with a developed forehead and chin. She also has a more voluptuous figure and a comparatively shorter torso. Her legs were much longer than most of the males, but like other Mechamorphs, her arms reach past her knees.
The Galvanic Mechamorphs were first brought to life as a complete accident. Galvan B was originally an uninhabited moon, orbiting Galvan Prime. Galvan scientists, led by Azmuth, were originally working on a project to make Galvan B habitable, but it went farther than intended when a sentient new species came to life. It didn't take long before the first Galvanic Mechamorphs came to join the galactic community and meet their creators in person. Azmuth and the Galvan were surprised by the unexpected result of their experiment on Galvan B. With their help they built a great civilization within days.
The Helix also created Malware, an incomplete Mechamorph by accident whose life code was corrupted and interrupted during creation.
Powers and Abilities
Galvanic Mechamorphs are completely amorphous as they can switch between liquid and bipedal form. The nanites that make up their bodies allow Galvanic Mechamorphs to reshape and move like liquid even though they are solid beings.[pop-up 2] Due to this, they can reshape themselves to let projectiles or blows pass through them by creating a hole in their body at will. Their physiology also makes them extremely flexible. A Galvanic Mechamorph's shapeshifting abilities allow them to grow technological spikes and tentacles, even when merging with technology.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can alter their body shape to match the body structure of another species, such when Upgrade morphed into a Tetramand and grew an extra pair of arms. They can also alter their own size, as demonstrated by a Mechamorph Guard.
A Galvanic Mechamorph's DNA is "programmed" with blueprints of every alien technology,[pop-up 3] allowing them to merge with and possess any technology by encasing themselves over it. The size of the device is not significant and they control it as naturally as they would their own body. When they merge, they enhance the technology into "ultra-tech",[merch 1] making it far more advanced and futuristic beyond human capability, causing new features to form. After they separate from a machine, it returns to normal.
A Galvanic Mechamorph's technological possession can work on non-electrical machinery, such as a row machine in a gym. This ability extends to even sentient beings that are mechanical in nature, like Chronosapiens.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can reconfigure technology to suit any situation, as shown when Upgrade transformed the Rust Bucket into a battle armor, with an arsenal of heavy energy weapons, or even retractile robotic manipulator arms.
Possessing technology allows Galvanic Mechamorphs to transform it with seemingly no limit, as shown when Upgrade merged with a baseball pitching machine and turned it into a tripod-like robot that fired a seemingly infinite amount of baseballs.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can make their head or face appear anywhere on the machines they possess.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can merge with organic beings, as long as there is machinery integrated within them.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can form energy constructs such as an energy spike and can generate a beam of light that can harm an Ectonurite, though mostly while merged with machinery and upgrading them into weapons.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can travel through electrical currents and phase through most technology.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can reshape their body to resemble a parachute in order to gently descend and glide through the air before landing safely.
Being inorganic, Galvanic Mechamorphs are able to survive in the vacuum of space.
Due to being made of living metal, Galvanic Mechamorphs are able to regenerate themselves.
Galvanic Mechamorphs are durable enough to withstand a blast from the Proto-Tool without physical damage.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can generate electrical charges capable of shocking their opponents into submission.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can separate and release a part of them into technologies and control them without fully merging to them.
Due to being technological, Galvanic Mechamorphs possess digitalized vision.
Galvanic Mechamorphs can repair damaged machinery with ease and come out unscathed, as demonstrated by Azmuth when he used the Retaliator Armor to repair the Rust Bucket by absorbing its remains into itself and reassembling them.
Having a vast library to draw upon, Galvanic Mechamorphs may be able to mimic and shapeshift into technology[DR 1] and non-electrical items, as demonstrated by Ship and a Mechamorph Guard.[note 1]
Humanoid Galvanic Mechamorphs are able to spawn smaller animalistic Galvanic Mechamorphs, as shown when Baz-l spawned Ship. However, it is only possible to do so once a humanoid Galvanic Mechamorph has absorbed an animalistic Galvanic Mechamorph.[DJW 2]
Galvanic Mechamorphs have the ability to manipulate the environment of Galvan B. By merging all together, they can reform Galvan B if it is destroyed.
A Galvanic Mechamorph's control over machines is not absolute, as sapient, intelligent machines can easily fight them off if they merge with them against their will, as shown when Slix Vigma fought off Upgrade when he tried to merge with him. They may also be unable to override existing security systems, such as those of the Megacruiser or Plumber Headquarters.
Galvanic Mechamorphs are sensitive to electromagnetic pulses/fields and magnetic fields.
If they are being continuously attacked, Galvanic Mechamorphs cannot regenerate themselves.
Notable Galvanic Mechamorphs
- Upgrade (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Galvanic Mechamorph)
- Ship (Julie's pet)
- Mechamorph Guard
- Galvanic Mechamorph maintenance worker in Secret of the Omnitrix
- Citizens of Galvan B
Notable Galvanic Mechamorph Mutants
Notable Galvanic Mechamorph Hybrids
- Kevin 11 (1/11 Galvanic Mechamorph)
- Kevin 11,000 (part Galvanic Mechamorph)
- Fistina (temporarily ½ Galvanic Mechamorph, ½ Acrosian in Outbreak)
- Uprigg (½ Galvanic Mechamorph, ½ Planchaküle)
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Галваничен Мекаморф||From the original English name|
|Italian||Metamorph Galvanico||From the original English name|
|Polish||Galwaniczny Mechamorf||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Mecamorfo Galvânico||From mecamorfo, mechamorph and galvânico, galvanic|
|Russian||Галванические Мехаморфы||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Mecamorph Galvanizado (Ben 10)
Galvano Mecamórfico (Alien Force)
Galvano Mechomórfico (Don't Fear the Repo
Mecamorfo Galvánico (Omniverse)
|From mechamorph and galvanizado, galvanized|
From galvano, galvan and mecamórfico, mechamorphic
From mecamorfo, mechamorph and galvánico, galvanic
The name Galvanic Mechamorph is a portmanteau of the prefix "mecha-", meaning machine, and the suffix "-morph", meaning form or transform. The "Galvanic" portion of their name refers to their origin as a creation of the Galvan.
- Some Galvanic Mechamorphs have plant-like forms or animal-like forms like Ship.[DJW 12]
- Galvanic Mechamorphs have no natural predator due to the nature of their creation.[DJW 13]
- The nanites that a Galvanic Mechamorph's body is comprised of are not related to the ones seen in Rex's Universe.[DR 2]
- Galvanic Mechamorphs do not wear clothes, partly because they are artificial life that do not need them, and because they are considered rare and very beautiful by people of the galaxy that know of them. In Derrick J. Wyatt's opinion, the only Mechamorph that would wear clothes is Baz-l,[DJW 14] despite him being naked during his appearances in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.[DM 1]
- The Omnitrix has failsafes installed by Azmuth that prevent Galvanic Mechamorphs from tampering with the device.[DJW 15]
- Galvanic Mecharmorphs could probably fuse with Nanochips.[DJW 16]
- Trouble Helix
- The Visitor
- Game Over
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- The Ultimate Sacrifice
- Divided We Stand
- The Alliance
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2
- Road Trip Rumble
- Last Laugh
- Ben 10/Generator Rex: Heroes United
- Something Zombozo This Way Comes
- Tourist Trap
- Be Afraid of the Dark
- From Hedorium to Eternity
- Side Effects
- Midnight Madness
- Showdown: Part 1
- Showdown: Part 2
- Pet Project
- Pier Pressure
- Grudge Match
- The Final Countdown
- Animo Crackers
- The More Things Change: Part 1
- File:Upgrade Shapeshifting.png
- File:How Ship Was Made.png
- File:Upgrade Techno Virus.png
- File:Pesky Dust Can Affect Galvanic Mechamorphs and Polymorphs.PNG
- File:Upgrade Can Be Harmed By Lava.png
- File:Whampire Can Control Mechamorphs.png
- File:Squirtapiller Commits Murder.png
- File:Tech Beings Can Be Possessed and Have Life Absorbed.png
- File:Benzarro Upgrade Proof.PNG
- File:Argitrix Timeline Malware.png
- File:Animal and Plant-like Mechamorphs.png
- File:Mechamorphs Have No Predators.png
- File:Mechamorphs Are Naked.png
- File:Anti-Mechamorph Failsafes.png
- File:Mechamorphs Can Fuse With Nanochips.png
- Ben 10: The Complete Season 2 DVD