|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
The Galvan are a species of small bipedal frog-like amphibians.
Galvan are about five inches tall on average. Their bodies consist of soft and flexible bones, allowing them to squeeze into tight spaces or quickly escape from danger.
The Galvan have large, bulbous eyes with thin lines for pupils. Unlike humans, Galvan eyelids close horizontally and from both sides of the eye. Normal Galvan have green eyes,[DM 1] except Albedo, who has red eyes as his colors were inverted. Galvan from Dimension 23 have blue eyes.
Infant Galvan look like tadpoles; they have tails and lack legs, but they grow legs and shed their tails at a time they call "wisdom feet".[DJW 1]
Female Galvan grow thin tendrils on their head. Male Galvan grow similar tendrils but on their chin, when they turn into adults.
The Galvan originally had no empire to speak of, instead they were first kept as pets and then employed by other species as industrial technicians, spies, and saboteurs once their intelligence became known.
The Galvan were smart enough to keep the best secrets for themselves, eventually amassing enough knowledge to build a powerful empire of their own, based on the technology that they kept from the rest of the universe.
Powers and Abilities
The Galvan are naturally extremely intelligent and can enter complex machines and operate them from the inside. This allows them to understand and operate virtually any machine, even if they've never seen it before.[pop-up 1] Their intelligence also allows them to understand intricate codes and languages. The Galvan are the smartest beings in the galaxy.[DJW 3]
Even if something is unfamiliar to them, Galvan can learn it very quickly. After all, their intelligence extends beyond technology and biology.[DJW 4]
When the situation requires it, the Galvan are able to jury-rig or improvise weapons and emergency repairs, using whatever materials that they have on hand, like loose change, belt buckles, shoelaces, etc.
Not built for combat, the Galvan can evade and outsmart their enemies, rather than fight them head-on.
The Galvan have teeth sharp enough to produce a painful bite.
Similar to frogs, the Galvan have long sticky tongues, which they use to capture insects for food.
The Galvan can breath underwater because they possess gills, making them amphibious.[DJW 5]
The Galvan have two brains, the main brain, and a pre-brain. The main brain has the appearance of a glowing green sphere, which is able to survive completely separate from their body and speak. The pre-brain handles the basic bodily functions, much like the medulla oblongata does for the human brain. However, this pre-brain is simplistic and childish. As quoted by Max, it makes Blukic and Driba look like geniuses in comparison.
It was demonstrated by Grey Matter that Galvans can eat jellybeans.
The Galvan are the creators of much of the great technology and made many discoveries in the universe, such as:
- Second Omnitrix
- Original Omnitrix
- Ultimatrix (modified by Albedo)
- Galvanic Mechamorphs through Helix
- Voliticus Biopsis
- Mechamorph Armor
- Galvanian Skeuomorph
By Blukic and Driba
- Null Guardians
- Null Void
- Anti-Gravity Projector
- Universal Translators
- Galvan Mark II
- Proto-Tech Armor
- Galvan Jetpack
- Shrink Ray
- Grey Matter (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Galvan)
- Albedo (true form)
- Galvan Teacher
- Galvan Major
Notable Galvan Hybrids
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)|| Galvan (Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix and Ben 10: Omniverse since A Fistful of Brains)|
Galván (Ben 10: Alien Force, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, Showdown: Part 1, Evil's Encore and briefly in A Fistful of Brains)
Galvins (said by Albedo in The Final Battle: Part 1)
Galvanos (said by Phil in Max's Monster)
Galvandiano (said by Luhley in Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51)
Galvana (said by Benevelon in Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51)
| From the original English name.|
From Galván, last name used by Spanish speakers.
From Galvano, variation of Galvan.
Galvin and Galvandiano are mentioned in their respective episodes and not in Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens due a dub error.
From galvana, female Galvan.
|Spanish (Spain)|| Galvano|
Galvin (Darkstar Rising and Simian Says)
| From Galvano, variation of Galvan.|
The name Galvan is a play on the word "galvanization" which is a process used to prevent iron from rusting.
- Initially, female Galvans had hair while male Galvans did not.[pop-up 3] This is retconned with the introduction of Zennith, a female Galvan who does not have any hair at all.
- The Galvan have extremely long life-spans, with Azmuth himself already several thousand years old, and expects to live at least another three thousand years.
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.[DJW 7]
- However, the DNA didn't come from Azmuth or Albedo.[DJW 8]
- Some Galvan might be interested in studying magic, but it's probably frowned upon.[DJW 9]
- Galvan technology is very eco-friendly and works in harmony with nature. Even their domiciles are a grown techno-organic fungus.[DJW 2]
- The Techadon Weapon Masters don't accept the fact that the Galvan are smarter than them. So, they try everything to make the Galvan look bad.[GT 1]
- The writers' naming convention for Galvan in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien was to use astronomical terms.[DM 2]
- Primitive Galvan worshipped technology as gods.[pop-up 4]
- The Galvan intellect is apparently highly revered as even the Highbreed Supreme said that the Galvan were "a slightly more intelligent form of pond scum".
- The Galvan have been involved in Earth's history countless times.
- The Galvan are currently the species that have the most named characters in the show, besides humans.
- In Nega Ben's timeline, soon after the creation of the Omnitrix, the Galvan were wiped out by a rogue Celestialsapien coerced by Maltruant.[DJW 10]
- The Galvan admire the Planchaküles' industriousness and skill, but prefer not to hang out with them too much after work.[DJW 11]
- ↑ Good Copy, Bad Copy
- ↑ Professor Paradox
- ↑ War of the Worlds: Part 1
- ↑ Hunted
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Evil's Encore
- ↑ For a Few Brains More
- ↑ Max Tennyson
- ↑ Rook Blonko
- ↑ War of the Worlds: Part 1
- ↑ Blukic and Driba Go to Mr. Smoothy's
- ↑ The Unnaturals
- ↑ Gwen 10
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Solitary Alignment
- ↑ Perplexahedron
- ↑ War of the Worlds: Part 2
- ↑ Azmuth's Father
- ↑ Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- ↑ Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51
- ↑ Fight at the Museum
- ↑ http://archive.is/crHP2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File:Hippie Galvans.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/B42fo
- ↑ File:Grey Matter Can Learn Things Quickly.PNG
- ↑ File:Galvan Amphibious.PNG
- ↑ http://archive.is/dumQJ
- ↑ http://archive.is/NIyDK
- ↑ http://archive.is/ZC2Dm
- ↑ File:Negaverse Galvans Extinct.PNG
- ↑ File:Galvan Opinion of Planchaküles.png