|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||Now I remember why I liked this guy! Feedback rules!||”|
– Feedback after being used for the first time in five years.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
Feedback has a black body with one green eye in the middle of his head, two antennae, a tail with round plugs on their tips, four-fingered hands, and feet with only two front toes.
11-year-old Feedback had a white chest color and round plugs on the tips of his fingers.
16-year-old Feedback looks identical to his 11-year-old self except his chest is recolored green and his fingers are now square. He also has gold battery bolts on his shoulders, arms, and hips.
Powers and Abilities
|“||So you need an alien who can channel energy? I think I know just the guy.||”|
Feedback has the ability to absorb and redirect energy attacks,[CN 1] most commonly electricity.[note 1] This ability is refined to the point that Feedback can redirect any type of energy and an infinite amount[DR 1] at near point-blank range. He absorbs energy through the plug-like conductors on his antennae, tail, and fingers.
Feedback can absorb a Crystalsapien's ultraviolet beams,[DJW 1] tachyon particles fired from a Tachyon Cannon, the energy of an Annihilargh, and multiversal levels of energy (as long as the energy of these other universes have their basis in the same set of physical laws).[DR 2]
Feedback can use stored energy to generate electrical charges, which can be used as ranged attacks or to empower his punches.
Feedback can fire energy balls by joining his fingers and absorbing the energy out of electric devices.
Feedback has enhanced agility, reflexes and jumping abilities, and possesses enhanced speed but only while running quickly on electrical power lines.
Feedback needs to absorb energy from time to time to fight because the energy contained within him will deplete with use.
Feedback's antennae can be easily pulled on, causing him great discomfort and leaving him stuck in place.
Feedback's electric blasts are occasionally ineffective against opponents who can absorb electricity, such as Phil.
Once Feedback powers up his electric energy blasts, he cannot stop himself from shooting them, meaning he will have to resort to shooting them all up in the air to avoid any collateral damage if he fails to catch his target.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- Feedback first appeared in The More Things Change: Part 1, where he defeated Malware.
- In A Jolt from the Past, Feedback defeated the Megawhatts.
- In Trouble Helix, Feedback battled Malware.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 2, Feedback fought Phil as Terroranchula.
- The same scene reoccurred in a flashback in Max's Monster.
- In Malefactor, Feedback battled Malware while Khyber was retrieving a Psycholeopterran DNA sample for the Nemetrix.
- In Showdown: Part 1, Feedback appeared four times. Firstly, Feedback defeated the Violet Offenders. Afterwards, Feedback somehow saved some people from a burning building. Later, Feedback practiced his powers. Lastly, he briefly fought Malware before he was removed by the latter.[note 2]
- In Showdown: Part 2, Ben regained access to Feedback after forgiving his younger self[note 3] and, with help from Azmuth, destroyed Malware for good.
- In T.G.I.S., Feedback defeated Argost.
- In Store 23, Feedback defeated Liam.
- In Max's Monster, Feedback defeated Phil and reverted him from his Terroranchula form.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Feedback defeated Negative Ultimate Humungousaur.
- In Rad Monster Party, Feedback fought Zs'Skayr.
- In Weapon XI: Part 1, Feedback defeated Phil and reverted him from his Terroranchula form.
- In Clyde Five, Feedback located Liam after discovering he was the one who was controlling the Cincotrix while Clyde was using it.
- In Breakpoint, Feedback failed to catch Fistrick.
- In Vreedlemania, Feedback fought the Pretty Boys and watched Ma Vreedle scare off Vilgax.
- In Let's Do the Time War Again, Feedback defeated Subdora and accidentally stopped time when he battled the Time Beast.
- In Malgax Attacks, Skurd gave Whampire Feedback's arms to fight Malgax.
- In The Most Dangerous Game Show, Feedback attempted to battle Charles Zenith but was immediately reverted by him.
- In A New Dawn, Feedback absorbed the energy released by Maltruant's Annihilargh and defeated him with it, trapping the latter in a time loop for all eternity.
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 1
- The More Things Change: Part 1 (first appearance; by 11-year-old Ben)
- A Jolt from the Past
- Trouble Helix
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 2
- Season 2
- Season 4
- Max's Monster (cameo)
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 2
- Showdown: Part 2 (first appearance by 16-year-old Ben)
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 8
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Feedback is a playable alien in the game (by 11-year-old Ben on consoles only). He is playable by 16-year-old Ben, but only on DS and 3DS.
Feedback is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Фийдбек||From the original English name|
|Chinese||电蜥||From 电 (Diàn), electric, and 蜥 (Xī), lizard|
|Dutch||Feedback||From the original English name|
|French||Rétroactor (11 years old)
Feedback (16 years old)
|From rétroactor, retroractor|
From the original English name
|German||Blitzschlag||From blitz, lightning and schlag, hit|
|Hungarian||Feedback||From the original English name|
|Italian||Mangiaenergia||From mangia, eat/eater, and energia, energy|
|Japanese||フィードバック||From フィードバック (Fīdobakku)|
|Korean||드백||From 피드백, feedback|
|Polish||Feedback||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Feedback||From the original English name|
|Romanian||Unda||From unda, wave|
|Russian||Фидбек||From the original English name|
|From the original English name|
From retroalimentaión, feedback
|Turkish||Geribesleme||From Geri, back and besleme, feed|
Feedback, in electronics, is the process of returning part of the output of a system to the input; this references Feedback's ability to absorb and then redistribute energy.
- Ben 23 had originally named his version of Feedback "Plug Man", but eventually changed it due to liking the name "Feedback" better.
- According to Yuri Lowenthal, Feedback has the heroic voice that he always wanted for himself.[AC 1]
- Whenever Feedback speaks, an electrical sound is heard.
- Feedback was designed by Dave Johnson at the request of Derrick J. Wyatt so he could look more like an original series alien.[DJ 1][DJW 5]
- This explains why 11-year-old Feedback's color scheme is similar that of outfits worn by many of 10/11-year-old Ben's aliens throughout the Classic Timeline, particularly Buzzshock's design in both the original series and Ultimate Alien.
- The concept of Feedback came from Glen Murakami and Dwayne McDuffie's story ideas,[DJW 6] and had already started by the time Derrick joined the crew.[DJW 7]
- Feedback's powers were conceived before Dave came up with his design.[DJW 8]
- The loss of Feedback, who was Ben's favorite alien at the time, was supposed to be the reason Ben took off the original Omnitrix and retired from being a hero,[MW 2][DJW 6] but it was ultimately Cartoon Network who executives vetoed the idea, which many crew members were thankful for.[DJW 9]
- Feedback is the first new alien transformation to appear onscreen in Omniverse. He is also the final alien used by 16-year-old Ben onscreen in Omniverse, as well as the Classic Timeline as a whole.
- Feedback is one of two exceptions to the principle that transformations are not full-blown aliens due to retaining Ben's personality, memories, and consciousness; the other being Ghostfreak.[DR 3][DR 4]
- Due to his DNA being absent from the Codon Stream during Double or Nothing, Albedo's Ultimatrix does not have Feedback's DNA.[DJW 10]
- Derrick J. Wyatt once claimed that Feedback's appearance is actually a containment suit,[DJW 14] like Echo Echo and NRG, but he eventually refuted the statement, admitting that he was wrong.[DJW 15]
- Feedback, Grey Matter, and Juryrigg are the only aliens with their own theme song.
- Feedback's theme sounds extremely similar to the song You Need to Stop by Osmo Band.
- Feedback and Diamondhead are the only aliens who have ever defeated Malware.
- As of Omniverse, Feedback and Ampfibian are the only aliens who generate blue electricity.
- Feedback's places in the Omniverse intros change a lot over the course of the show.
- From Arc 4 onwards, 11-year-old Feedback is replaced with his 16-year-old self.
- Furthermore, as of Arc 4, three clones of 11-year-old Ditto take 11-year-old Feedback's place in the part where the latter was originally lined up alongside the 11-year-old versions of Ben, Four Arms, Cannonbolt, XLR8, Wildmutt, Ripjaws, and Diamondhead at the end.
- Feedback is also replaced with Snare-oh in the opening intro of Arc 5.
- In FusionFall Heroes, Feedback has a yellow eye and a pupil, even though he doesn't have either in the show.
- Feedback was considered to appear in the reboot but did not make the cut as an electric alien for Ben because Shock Rock was created for plot purposes.[DR 5]
- Alternate versions of Feedback are shown generating electricity in different colors. For example, 17-year-old Mutant Kevin's electricity is colored red.
- Different crew members have had different interpretations of what happened to Feedback:
- Matt Wayne believes that Feedback was locked from Young Ben's Omnitrix.[MW 1]
- Derrick J. Wyatt believes that Feedback was removed, with his DNA no longer being present in the Codon Stream altogether. This evidenced by Albedo not gaining access to Feedback's DNA when he received the ability to transform into any species.[DJW 3][DJW 4]
- Kevin Rubio believes that Malware absorbed Feedback and a little bit of Ben's genetic code.[KR 1]
- Matt Youngberg believes that Malware absorbed Feedback's genetic code, and that Azmuth removed Conductoid DNA from all subsequent Omnitrixes.[MY 1][MY 2]
- Kevin Rubio believes that Ben was able to talk to his younger self because Malware absorbed Feedback and a little bit of Ben's genetic code when he destroyed Feedback. Thus, part of him really was missing.[KR 1] Correlating with this, Matt Youngberg and Derrick J. Wyatt believe that Ben reabsorbed Feedback's DNA when he was floating inside Malware.[MY 2][DJW 4]
Cartoon Network U.K.
- File:Feedback Can Absorb Chromastone's Energy.png
- File:OV Spitter Unlocked During Flashbacks.PNG
- File:Feedback's DNA Not in Alteration Field.PNG
- File:Malware Absorbed Feedback's Genetic Fragments.png
- File:Derrick's Contributions to OV Aliens.png
- File:Glen and Dwayne's Idea For Feedback.PNG
- File:Derrick Came Up With Whampire.png
- File:Feedback's Powers Came Before Design.png
- File:CN Vetoed Dwayne and Glen's Feedback Idea.png
- File:Albedo Doesn't Have Feedback.PNG
- File:Mad Ben Does Not Have Feedback.png
- File:Mad Ben Feedback.png
- File:Alternate Bens Feedback.png
- File:Conductoid Containment Suit.png
- File:Feedback Not Containment Suit.PNG