|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben as Fasttrack
Fasttrack is a feline-like alien with a black suit-like color scheme, and his hands, legs, chest and part of his head are colored blue. Similar to Water Hazard, Fasttrack has spike-like blades on his arms and legs, and black mask-like fins around his green eyes, as well as a triangle-shaped nose, a thunderbolt-like design down his chest, and a triangle one down his back.
Fasttrack wears the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
Albedo as Negative Fasttrack
Powers and Abilities
Much like XLR8, Fasttrack has enhanced speed and agility, and is shown to have enhanced reflexes as well.
Fasttrack is capable of giving himself a boost of speed while running. This is demonstrated when Dr. Animo's missile flew past him, and Fasttrack ran at a higher speed, allowing him to outrun it for a short time and forcing Animo to increase the missile's power. Furthermore, Fasttrack can also jump to great heights while running.
Fasttrack is durable enough to withstand being thrown against the Seal. This feat also reveals that he can recover quickly, as he was able to immediately get back on his feet and continue running when he saw that Sir George was about to attack him again. Similarly, Fasttrack was able to recover from falling to the ground after he jumped towards Animo's missile but failed to catch it.
Fasttrack possesses enhanced strength, as he was able to carry both Magister Hulka and Tack to safety without losing any speed. Technically speaking, Fasttrack is physically stronger than Kinecelerans.[MW 1]
Even though he has never trained himself to do so, the sharp blade-like structures on Fasttrack's arms and legs could be used as weapons to cut and tear when running past someone or something at a fast pace.
If he is running fast enough, Fasttrack can have a hard time stopping.
Being a speed-based alien, Fasttrack shares similar weaknesses with XLR8, such as his speed being used to an opponent's advantage (as seen when Fasttrack ran straight into Sir George's outstretched arm, badly stunning him), as well as being unable to run on certain surfaces like ice, which can make Fasttrack slip very easily.
- Fasttrack was unlocked off-screen prior to Basic Training.
- Fasttrack first appeared in Basic Training, where he saved Tack and Magister Hulka from an explosion caused by a Nuclear Fusion Grenade.
- In A Knight to Remember, Fasttrack disarmed the Forever Knights by taking all their weapons.
- In Solitary Alignment, Fasttrack tried to take the Ascalon from Sir George, but failed and was defeated by him, forcing Fasttrack to switch into Humungousaur.
- In Enemy of My Frenemy, Fasttrack was tied to Gwen and Kevin (with Mana) so they could all escape from the Scrutins. He and the team then met Ignaceous.
- In Couples Retreat, Fasttrack failed to catch Darkstar and stop him from going to the Door to Anywhere.
- In The Eggman Cometh, Fasttrack trained with Kevin and later failed to stop the missile that Dr. Animo had sent.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Fasttrack chased Negative Fasttrack all the way to Mr. Smoothy in a dream.
- In The Beginning of the End, Fasttrack defeated the Esoterica who were spying on him, Gwen and Kevin.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Negative Fasttrack fled from Swampfire and ran to Mr. Smoothy in a dream.
- Season 3
- Basic Training (first appearance; cameo)
- A Knight to Remember
- Solitary Alignment
- Enemy of My Frenemy
- Couples Retreat
- The Eggman Cometh (x2)
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
- The Beginning of the End
- Season 3
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
- Null Void: Escape Velocity
Fasttrack is a playable racer in the game.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Скорострел||From скорост/skorost, fast, and стрел/strel, arrow|
|Chinese||快脚||From 快 (Kuài), fast, and 脚 (Jiǎo), feet|
|Croatian||Brzotrak||From brzo, fast, and traka, track|
|Dutch||Snelspoor||From snel, fast and spoor, track|
|French||Accelerator||From AXLR (XLR8 in French) + rator|
|German||Sturmjäger||From sturmjäger, stormhunter|
|Greek||Ταχύς||From ταχύς, fast|
|Hungarian||Gyorsjárat||From gyors, fast, and járat, track|
|Italian||ScattoFelino||From scatto, dash, and felino, feline|
|Polish||Raptus||From raptowny, abrupt|
|Portuguese (Br)||Acelerado||From acelerado, accelerated|
|Romanian||Iuresul||From iures, race|
| From скорость, speed|
From the original English name
|Spanish (HA)||Fasttrack||From the original English name|
|Spanish (Spain)||Raudo||From raudo, swift|
Fasttrack's name is a combination of the words "fast" and "track", referencing his enhanced speed and the sport track and field.
Fast track is an informal phrase meaning "the quickest and most direct route to achievement of a goal, as in competing for professional advancement".
- Fasttrack's design is a combination of several iconic comic book characters, specifically that of the color schemes of DC Comics superheroes Nightwing and Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle.
- If Fasttrack was to appear in Omniverse, Derrick J. Wyatt would have drawn Fasttrack with webbed toes to make him look more unique.[DJW 1]
- Another take featured Fasttrack with wheeled feet, inspired by the Wheelers from Return to Oz. Ultimately, it was rejected because the design was even more similar to XLR8's.[DJW 2]
- Because of Fasttrack's absence from Omniverse, he and Chamalien are the only normal aliens introduced in Ultimate Alien who do not appear in the aforementioned series.
- Despite this, however, Fasttrack was mentioned in Have I Got a Deal for You, The Ultimate Heist, and Breakpoint.
- Fasttrack is also the only alien introduced in Ultimate Alien to have been unlocked off-screen.
- Fasttrack's voice sounds similar to Spidermonkey's.
- Derrick J. Wyatt does not like Fasttrack and thinks he is the most boring alien possible, stating that being a fan of him is like being a fan of watching paint dry.[DJW 3]
- In the credits of A Knight to Remember and Solitary Alignment, Fasttrack's name is misspelled as "Fastrack".
- Fasttrack's name was first revealed in a Ben 10: Galactic Racing press release and confirmed by writer Peter David, who revealed the name of Fasttrack's species and home planet as well.[PD 1]