|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||Dude, watch the puns! Pretty soon, you use up all the eye-conic ones, and they just get cornea and cornea...||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
Eye Guy's entire upper-body is covered with green eyes, although he ironically has no eyes on his face, which consists of a mouth and a very large pair of bat-like ears. He has dark yellow skin with lighter yellow skin on his chest. His entire skeleton is made of cartilage, not bones.[OV Brief 1]
In the original series, Eye Guy wore black pants with white bands on them and a white belt with the original Omnitrix symbol on it. He had light green eyes with dark green pupils, and one giant primary eye in the center of his chest.
His feet were light in colour, but in all following designs his feet match the same dark yellow as on his body.
In Omniverse, 16-year-old Eye Guy's eyes are now bigger, recolored slightly brighter, and placed symmetrically on his body. There are also now eyes on his palms. His pants now have green cuffs replacing the white bands, the main belt where the Omnitrix symbol is located is recolored green with a white stripe, and he additionally wears green cuffs on his hands.
11-year-old Eye Guy looks mostly the same as he did in the original series, albeit he has the palm eyes, eye placement, and pupil color of his 16-year-old self. He wears white bands respective to the green cuffs and the original Omnitrix symbol on his belt is recolored green.
Powers and Abilities
From any of the eyes on his torso, Eye Guy can launch green[note 1] energy beams. By closing all of his other eyes, or by merging all of his other eyes into one area, a larger eye will open on Eye Guy's chest and from it, he can launch a more powerful optic blast. He can also stretch his bigger eye out of his chest on a stalk to better aim it towards targets.
Eye Guy's eyes can move throughout his body and merge to create different types of beams, such as merging three on his shoulder to fire a freeze ray that encases and immobilizes a target in ice on contact.
Similar to the compound vision of an insect, Eye Guy's eyes give him 360-degree vision,[note 2] making it extremely difficult to sneak up on him. Furthermore, he can "smell" and see trails of certain chemicals with his eyes, as shown when he was able to see the trail of Mr. Baumann's cologne.
Eye Guy has enhanced hearing due to his large ears.
Eye Guy has good reflexes, capable of dodging incoming attacks.
If an irritant such as Gracklflint venom gets in his eyes, Eye Guy's eyes will burn and he will briefly be unable to see clearly. Because he has eyes over the majority of his body, he is more vulnerable to being exposed and hurt by such irritants.
- Eye Guy was unlocked offscreen prior to Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1.
- Chronologically, Eye Guy first appeared in Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 2, where he battled the Negative 10.
- In the Gold Edition of Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, Eye Guy fought a Mutant Hornet and destroyed Dr. Animo's DNA bomb, accidentally activating the Omnitrix's Self-Destruct Mode in the process.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- In Evil's Encore, Eye Guy battled Dr. Animo and his Mutant Giraffe, but failed to defeat them when he reverted.
- In Weapon XI: Part 2, Eye Guy was defeated by Kevin when he absorbed some power from the Omnitrix.
- In From Hedorium to Eternity, Eye Guy defeated a possessed Max.
- In Rad, Eye Guy was defeated by the Gracklflint.
- In Mud Is Thicker Than Water, Eye Guy helped Gwen stabilize the power core of the Plumber Headquarters.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Eye Guy appeared before Blukic and Driba. Later, Eye Guy battled Negative Ultimate Humungousaur, but was defeated by Negative Ultimate Echo Echo.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Eye Guy was defeated by Ultimate Albedo.
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes, Eye Guy was frightened by Zombozo and accidentally switched himself into Toepick.
- In Mystery, Incorporeal, Eye Guy battled some Stone Creatures.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Eye Guy was defeated by the Galactic Gladiator.
- In Charm School, Eye Guy looked for Charmcaster in the campus of Friedkin University before being scared by Gwen.
- In The Ballad of Mr. Baumann, Eye Guy followed Mr. Baumann's cologne trail to find him and Sheelane.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Eye Guy defeated Mad Rook with the help of Freezeghost.
- In A New Dawn, Eye Guy appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 4
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 3
- Rad (first reappearance by 16-year-old Ben)
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Charm School
- The Ballad of Mr. Baumann (intended alien was Wildmutt)
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 4
- Evil's Encore (first reappearance by 11-year-old Ben)
- Season 6
- Season 8
Eye Guy is a playable alien in the game (by 11-year-old Ben only; by 16-year-old Ben in the DS and 3DS versions).
Eye Guy is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Ai me Sy||From ai (he) and me sy (with eyes)|
|Bulgarian||Зорки Очи||From зорки очи (zorki ochi), watchful eyes|
|Chinese||百眼怪||From 百眼 (Bái Yǎn), hundred eyes and 怪 (Guài), monster|
|Croatian||Okati||From okati, the big/many eyed guy|
|French||Visio||From the Latin word visio, vision|
|German||Vielauge||From viel, many and auge, eye|
|Greek||Παρατηρητής||From παρατηρητής, observer|
|Hungarian||Gülüszem||From gülüszem, pop-eyed|
|Italian||MilleOcchi||From mille, thousand and occhi, eyes|
|Polish||Gała||From gała, big eyes|
|Portuguese (Br)||Mega Olhos
|From mega, mega and olhos, eyes|
From olhudo, big eye
|Romanian||Ochiosul||From ochiosul, big eyed|
|From много, a lot of and глаз, eye|
From глазастый, big-eyed
|Serbian||Окати (Okati)||From окати (okati), the many/big eyed one|
|Spanish (HA)||Multi Ojos
Chico Ojo (since The Ballad of Mr. Baumann)
|From multi, many and ojos, eyes|
|Spanish (Spain)||Mil Ojos||From mil ojos, thousand eyes|
|Turkish||Göz Adam||From göz, eye and adam, guy|
- Eye Guy is the first alien to be unlocked offscreen; this trend would later be followed by Arctiguana, Spitter, Feedback, and Fasttrack.
- Eye Guy's creation could have taken inspiration from one or many different characters in fiction and folklore:
- Eye Guy, a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers villain, whose body is made entirely of eyes and can also shoot lasers.
- Argus Panoptes, a character in Greek mythology who is often described as having one hundred eyes.
- The Pale Man, a villain from the 2006 film Pan's Labyrinth, who similarly has no eyes on his face and eyes coming out of the palms of his hands.
- The Pale Man's similarities to Eye Guy also go as far back as the Tenome, a Japanese yōkai.
- In Omniverse, Eye Guy has a tendency to make puns involving the word "eye" or organs related to the eye.
- 11-year-old Eye Guy replaces 11-year-old Feedback in the opening intro as of Omniverse's Arc 4, specifically in the part where the latter originally appeared alongside the 11-year-old versions of Four Arms, Grey Matter, and Wildmutt.
- Eye Guy is the only alien used by Ben Prime and Ben 23 to share the same name. Feedback does not count because he was originally named "Plug Man".
- This leads to Ben Prime admitting that the name is "pretty lame".