|This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline|
|“||Sure. Let's talk... inside your nightmares!||”|
– The Ectonurite to Ben
The Ectonurite Prisoner's body is gray-purple and he has black nails with lines on his chest, which are also black, and a grey-brown, upside-down head with one purple eye. His tentacles are black with purple stripes.
The Ectonurite Prisoner has a psychotic tone in his voice with a insane trait of threatening his enemies.
The Ectonurite Prisoner is extremely selfish, as even when he had an alliance with the other Null Void prisoners, he quickly abandoned them when things got too hot.
The Ectonurite Prisoner first appears in Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, where he is among the aliens Ben runs into while trapped in the Null Void. With Ben pinned to the ground by the Vulpimancer and Loboan Prisoners, the Ectonurite Prisoner attempted to possess the Omnitrix only to get electrocuted by its defenses.
After the Opticoid and Piscciss Volann Prisoners wore down Four Arms, the Ectonurite retracted his sun skin and prepared to unleash his tentacles before Azmuth showed up. Along with the other inmates, the Ectonurite retreated.
The Ectonurite and Piscciss Volann later made another attempt to claim the Omnitrix while Ben was participating in Azmuth's trial, overpowering him as Rath. The Ectonurite was last seen fleeing from an open Null Void portal, abandoning the Piscciss Volann to his fate.
Powers and Abilities
The Ectonurite Prisoner's powers are composed of several aspects of traditional ghosts from myths and lore such as flight, levitation, phasing through solid matter, intangibility, invisibility, and body possession.
The Ectonurite Prisoner is able to possess the bodies of his enemies and control their movements to the point where he can cause them to fly like himself, allowing him to freely slam them against walls or hit themselves. He can also access the abilities of other beings that possess superpowers.
The Ectonurite Prisoner can make himself intangible and invisible as both a powerful defense and infiltrating high-security locations.
The Ectonurite Prisoner is capable of making other objects or people intangible and transparent through physical contact.
The Ectonurite Prisoner can use the tentacles under his chest as a means of scaring his enemies into submission.
Due to being alive in a rather unconventional sense, the Ectonurite Prisoner can survive in the vacuum of space.
The Ectonurite Prisoner has a retractable secondary skin and an inverted skull with sharp teeth, the latter of which he can rotate whenever necessary.
The Ectonurite Prisoner can possess or disrupt technology by phasing through them.
The Ectonurite Prisoner's intangibility is useless when faced by another being that can go intangible, as it will cancel out their ability to do so.
Certain substances can neutralize the Ectonurite Prisoner's intangibility and invisibility.
Unless he wears his secondary skin over his body, the Ectonurite Prisoner is vulnerable to sunlight and species that can generate their own light.
The Ectonurite Prisoner's intangibility seems to require conscious thought to activate, so opponents will be able to hit him if he is caught off guard.
There are certain beings the Ectonurite Prisoner cannot possess. For example, he cannot possess zombies due to them lacking minds of their own. He also cannot possess a species that can generate their own light or solar-like radiation, such as Crystalsapiens and Pyronites.
The Ectonurite Prisoner is unable to possess or disrupt technology protected by powerful safeguards, such as the Omnitrix.
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie (first appearance)
- While wearing his second skin, the Ectonurite Prisoner heavily resembles Ghostfreak's appearance in the original series except the Omnitrix symbol is omitted. As such, he is credited as "Ghostfreak" in the movie's end credits.
- Amusingly, Ben called the Ectonurite Prisoner "Grossfreak", which sounds similar to Ghostfreak.
- The Ectonurite Prisoner's true form is heavily similar to Zs'Skayr's appearance in the original series, except his arms and tail look the same as Ghostfreak's, he does not seem to have a nose, and the white stripes of his tentacles are recolored purple.
- When the Ectonurite Prisoner showed up again during Ben's trial, his voice was much Higher-pitched than before.
- In animatics of the scene he's featured in, his true form looks even more like Zs'Skayr, with him having a smaller eye and a narrower face.
- Despite his heavy resemblance to him, this character is a regular Ectonurite and not the Reboot equivalent of Zs'Skayr.[DR 1]
- Yuri Lowenthal enjoyed doing the voice for the Ectonurite Prisoner, though it was difficult for him.[YL 1]