|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||What of it? He's already eaten everything else.||”|
In Ultimate Alien, Eatle was a ten-feet-tall[merch 1] robotic humanoid alien with some shark-like characteristics as well. He was dark blue, almost purple, and light blue in color. He had a long horn on the top of his head connected to a shorter protrusion on the back of his head and a large mouth that spread over part of his chest. He also had a silver belt, matching wristbands, oval-shaped eyes, and the inside of his mouth was green.
In Omniverse, Eatle's upper lip is completely covered by his lower lip, which now has different teeth. He has a blue tongue and his horn now has forks at the top, making it resemble that of a Japanese rhinoceros beetle. He now has two toes on his feet, and spikes on his arms and the backs of his legs, as well as two longer ones on either side of his mouth. His blue has switched to gray, and he has green clothing all over his torso, as well as a dark green, almost black shell on his back and armor of the same color.
Powers and Abilities
Similar to Upchuck, Eatle has the ability to eat just about anything[DJW 1] and then convert the materials' matter into energy to shoot a green laser beam out of the slot on his horn. The beam is powerful enough to cut a floating mountain of Ledgerdomain in half and even hold down a Lucubra-enhanced Vilgax.
Eatle can run very fast, and in addition to shooting lasers, his horn can also be used as a very effective battering ram; both of these feats were shown during his fight with Vilgax.
Eatle's jaws are very strong and can be used to chew up various resilient materials, like metal.
Eatle has enhanced durability, as seen when he was able to withstand Carl Nesmith's glove's laser, which was able to injure a Chronosapien and kill a human with a single shot, as well as an entire building from Dagon's dimension falling on top of him.
Eatle has enhanced strength, as he was able to crush Carl's glove, grab a Ship-enhanced Julie before pushing her through several walls of her house without stopping, and rip off the bumper of Kevin's car.
Eatle has sharp claws that can help him climb up walls, as shown when he clambered up Charmcaster's machine. He is also quite agile, as he could quickly jump over a stone creature and up to the machine.
Eatle originally had a blind spot due to his eye placement, making him very easy to sneak up on. He now lacks this weakness as of Omniverse, however, as his eyes are much farther apart.
Unlike Upchuck, there is a limit to how much solid matter Eatle can consume, as he found it impossible to completely devour Charmcaster's machine.
Eatle is rather heavy, so his weight may serve as a problem when he is fighting on short or slim objects.
- In Ben 10,000 Returns, Eatle was unlocked by Ben 10,000.
- Eatle first appeared in A Knight to Remember, where he tried to stop Vilgax from breaking the Seal but was instantly defeated by him.
- In Enemy of My Frenemy, Eatle defeated a water creature that Addwaitya had created. Later, Eatle tried to devour Charmcaster's machine before switching into Chromastone once he realized he could not eat the entire machine.
- In Catch a Falling Star, Eatle fought Carl Nesmith, but was defeated by a mentally unstable Jennifer Nocturne.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Eatle defeated a Ship-enhanced Julie in a dream.
- In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 1, Eatle battled a Lucubra-enhanced Vilgax with the help of Sir George before eventually switching into Humungousaur when Vilgax started gaining the upper hand.
- In Hot Stretch, Eatle chased after Ester in Undertown and retrieved a Nuclear Fusion Device from her only to lose it to the Kraaho.
- In Store 23, Eatle briefly flew through the air due to being launched by Liam's cart of Vaxasaurian eggs before reverting.
- In Return to Forever, Eatle tried to break out of a force field, but was reverted by the Forever Knights' DNA Scanner.
- In OTTO Motives, Eatle briefly fought a giant Otto.
- In Let's Do the Time War Again, Eatle ate part of the wrecked Tenn-Speed offscreen before being picked up by Rook.
- In A New Dawn, Eatle appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 3
Eatle is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||إيتل||From the original English name (pronounced "Eatal")|
|Bulgarian||Гладника||From гладника/gladnika, The Hungry Guy|
|Chinese||食霸||From 食 (Shí), eating, and 霸 (Bà), despot|
|Dutch||Eatle||From the original English name (pronounced "Eatjol")|
|French||Squalosaure||From squale, shark, and -osaure, end of dinosaur|
|German||Nashorn||From Nashorn, rhino|
|Hungarian||Egyszarvú||From egyszarvú, unicorn|
|Italian||Mangione||From mangione, glutton|
|Polish||Orzuk||From "Orz" - orzeł, eagle, and zuk "Żuk" - beetle|
|Portuguese (Br)||Besouro||From besouro, beetle|
|Romanian||Eatle||From the original English name|
|Russian||Робот||From робот, robot|
|Spanish (HA)||Eatle||From the original English name (pronounced "Edol")|
|Spanish (Spain)||Glotón||From glotón, glutton|
Eatle's name is a portmanteau of "eat", the primary ability he has, and "beetle", the insect he is based on. His name also roughly sounds like "eat all".
- The red robot-like statue of the golf course from Greetings from Techadon bears a lot of resemblance to Eatle's design in Ultimate Alien.
- Eatle's existence was first brought to light in a listing for the Ultimate Alien four-inch line by Bandai.[Bandai 1]
- Initially, in Ultimate Alien, Eatle's mouth only ever opened when he was about to devour something and never actually opened when he talked. Much like Lodestar, however, Eatle's mouth now moves when he speaks in Omniverse.
- Eatle is one of the four regular aliens to get a complete redesign in Omniverse; the others being Shocksquatch, Swampfire, and Chromastone.
- On iTunes, Eatle's name is misspelled as "Eetle".
- Concept art for Eatle in Ultimate Alien shows him with four arms and a horn similar in appearance to the one featured in Omniverse.[DJW 3]
- Also, concept art for Omniverse shows a more animalistic version of Eatle standing on all fours with the Omnitrix symbol on the top of his horn.
- Despite the confirmed existence of Eatle's predator, it was a concept that ultimately never made it into the show.[DJW 4][DJW 5]