|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben as Ditto
Ditto is about the height of an average human child. He has white skin, a black and white head and face, black shoulders, large hands with four digits and feet which are merely stubs. Ditto also has three fin-like growths on his head, and gem-like extended sensory nodes[TP 1] on his arms and waist.
In Ultimate Alien, Ditto looked exactly the same as he did in the original series, except the white section outlining the hourglass symbol across his chest and arms was blue. He no longer had pupils and wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Omniverse, 11-year-old Ditto's design is roughly similar to his original appearance except he appears smaller and stubbier. All of his fins are recolored white, with the ones on the sides of his head now connected to his eyes. He has two small whiskers on each of his cheeks, his fingers are sharper, and the sensory nodes on his shoulders have been relocated to his shoulders and wrists. His jumpsuit has been altered as well, with his neck being completely black and the feet being cut off to reveal three cat-like toes on each foot. The Omnitrix symbol on his forehead has been recolored green.
16-year-old Ditto looks exactly like his 11-year-old self, except he his fins are recolored green and his jumpsuit is now green with black patches under his arms, green sleeves, and black ankles. This jumpsuit seems to have a design based on the Omnitrix's insignia, with black triangles on the shoulders and green in the center. The three sensory nodes on Ditto's waist are now on a black belt. Like his younger self, Ditto wears the Omnitrix symbol on his forehead.
Ken as Ditto
Ken's Ditto looked the same as 10-year-old Ditto in the original series.
Powers and Abilities
Ditto has the ability to clone himself with no limit. At age 10, the execution of this ability was like actually splitting in half. By age 16, it is now similar to Echo Echo, in which he can split and re-merge at a fast pace.
Each Ditto operates independently, regardless of what the others want them to do and each clone is indistinguishable from the others. This allows Ditto to do multiple tasks simultaneously or to cover a large area. An example of this is when Ditto is able to extend his reach across a vast distance by simply cloning himself in a straight line, thereby forming a chain of Dittos.
The extended sensor nodes on Ditto's body assist in the sensory web that connects all of his clones.[TP 1] This sensory web allows the clones to share senses and physical sensations, such as pain.
Ditto is quite agile and can burrow into the ground and pop out like a mole. He can also jump surprisingly high for his size; while playing basketball, Ditto slam-dunked the ball through a hoop in a way that would be difficult for an average human to jump high enough to do.
Ditto's clones share a link with each other, making it so that if one Ditto is hurt, all the others feel the same pain and if one Ditto gets killed, the others are automatically killed as well, thus negating the ability to form an army of clones.
Due to the fact that each Ditto is only about as strong, fast and has the reach of a small human child, this puts him at a disadvantage when facing off against a bigger, stronger foe. Normally, Ditto compensates by overwhelming his opponent with sheer force of numbers.
Ditto's clones can be fused back together with enough force.
If the Dittos cannot agree on one plan, an argument might break out between them.
If the Dittos are too far apart from each other, he cannot change back into Ben until all the duplicates are close enough together. It seems that this requires more power from the Omnitrix than normal, as seen later when he could only transform into Upgrade for a fraction of the normal time limit.
Ditto is not resistant to cold temperatures.
Ditto can be harmed by electricity while in water, such as when he was tortured with an electrical prod by Dr. Animo while he was held captive in a container filled with water.
- Ditto first appeared in Divided We Stand, where he was accidentally unlocked by Ben and fought Dr. Animo's mutant seagull. Then, Ditto played basketball with his clones and, eventually, one of the Dittos was caught by Animo to have his DNA copied. Later, Ditto defeated Animo's army of Mutant Lepidopterrans.
- In Ready to Rumble, Ditto saved Mrs. Fang and defeated Mr. Beck.
5 years prior to Omniverse
- In Ben Again, 16-year-old Ben in 11-year-old Ben's body used Ditto to battle Eon until the latter retreated.
- In O Mother, Where Art Thou?, Ditto fought some Pretty Boy Vreedle clones and chased after Ma Vreedle.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Ditto and his clones tried to escape from Panuncian, but eventually failed in the end.
- In Animo Crackers, Ditto tried to chase Spanner, but was caught off guard and defeated by Future Dr. Animo.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Ditto fought Fistrick, but reverted.
- In A New Dawn, Ditto appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 4
- Divided We Stand (x3; first appearance; first time selected alien was Stinkfly)
- Ready to Rumble (selected alien was Four Arms)
- Season 4
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 3
- Ben Again (first reappearance by 11-year-old Ben; used by 16-year-old Ben in 11-year-old Ben's body; accidental transformation)
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Arabic||ديتو||From Dittu/Ditto, Ditto|
|Bulgarian||Копие||From копие (kopie), clone|
|Chinese||迪多||Pronounced Dí Duō|
|Croatian||Duplić||From duplić, a double|
|Dutch||Ditto||From the original English name|
| From dupliquer, duplicate|
From D and deux, two
|German||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Greek||Ντίττο||Translated from English to Greek|
|Hebrew||שכפול||From שכפול, duplication|
|Hungarian||Dettó||From dettó, ditto|
|Italian||Idem||Latin word for "The Same"|
|Korean||듀플로||From 듀플로, Duplo|
|Polish||Klon||From klon, clone|
|Portuguese (Br)|| Clone|
|From " clone", clone and "idem", a Latin word for " The Same"|
|Romanian||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Russian|| Двойники (Dvoyniki)|
| From двойники (dvoyniki), twins|
From the original English name
from двойник, twin
|Serbian||Дито (Dito)||From дито (dito), ditto|
|Spanish (Spain)||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Ditto||From the original English name|
"Ditto" is a word that means "the same thing again", referencing Ditto's self-duplication ability.
- Tom Perkins designed Ditto for the original series.
- The first design Tom made for Ditto was approved as the crew was very busy when he was being designed.[TP 2]
- Ditto seems to be a homage to Yakko Warner from Animaniacs, as they share the same voice actor (Rob Paulsen), as well as similar mannerisms and color layout.
- Ditto's design in Omniverse has some elements of Pikmin.[DJW 1]
- Three clones of 11-year-old Ditto replace 11-year-old Feedback in the opening intro of Omniverse's Arc 4 onwards, specifically in the part where the latter was originally lined up alongside the 11-year-old versions of Ben, Four Arms, Cannonbolt, XLR8, Wildmutt, Ripjaws, and Diamondhead at the end.
- If Ben were to use Ditto with Skurd attached to the Omnitrix, Ditto's clones would have to remain huddled to use Skurd's power.[DJW 2]
- Ditto and Wildvine are the only aliens to be manually (and accidentally) unlocked by Ben.
- According to Ben's fansites on the Extranet, Ditto is his cutest alien.
- While Ditto's sensory nodes are colored green, 12-year-old Mutant Kevin's sensory nodes are colored red.