|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity.|
Ditto is about the height of an average human child. He has white skin, a black and white head, white face, along with black shoulders. Ditto’s hands are large with 4 digits and his feet are merely stubs. He has three fin-like growths on his head. Ditto also has gem-like orbs on his arms and three button-like gems on his waist.
In the original series, Ditto's clothes were black and had an overall-like design. He had green eyes with light green pupils. Ditto wore the Omnitrix symbol on his forehead.
In Omniverse, 11 year-old Ditto's fins are white, and the ones on the side are connected to his eyes. He also has two small whiskers on each of his cheeks. His fingers are now sharper and the green orbs on his shoulders are gone. He has gems like the three on his waist on his shoulders and wrists. His neck is completely black. He also seems smaller and stubbier. The feet of his suit also cut off to reveal three cat-like toes on each foot.
16 year old Ditto looks similar to his 11 year old self, except he has green fins rather than white, and his jumpsuit is now green with black patches under his arms, green sleeves, and black ankles. This jumpsuit also seems to have a design based on the Omnitrix symbol with black triangles on the shoulders and green in the center. The three gems on his waist are now on a black belt. His voice is higher-pitched than it was in the original series.
Powers and Abilities
Ditto has the ability to clone himself with no limit. While it is like actually splitting in half in the original series, in Omniverse, it is similar to Echo Echo, where he is able to split and re-merge at a fast pace.
Each Ditto operates independently, regardless of what the others want them to do and each clone is indistinguishable from the others. This allows Ditto to do multiple tasks simultaneously or to cover a large area. One tactic (used in Omniverse) is that Ditto is able to extend his reach across a vast distance, simply by cloning himself in a straight line, thereby forming a chain of Dittos.
The raised green bumps on Ditto's body are sensor nodes, which help create a sensory web around the Ditto clones. This sensory web allows the clones to share senses and physical sensations.
Ditto is more flexible than a human.
Ditto is quite agile and can burrow into the ground and pop out like a mole.
Ditto can breathe underwater.
Ditto can jump surprisingly high for his size; while playing basketball, he slam dunked the ball through a hoop in a way that would be difficult for an average human to jump high enough to do.
Ditto's clones share a link with each other, making it so that if one Ditto is hurt, all the others feel the same pain and if one Ditto is killed, the others are automatically killed as well, thus negating the ability to form an army of clones.
Due to the fact that each Ditto is only about as strong, fast and has the reach of a small human child, this puts him at a disadvantage when facing off against a bigger, stronger foe. Normally, Ditto compensates by overwhelming his opponent with sheer force of numbers.
If the Dittos cannot agree on one plan, an argument might break out between them.
If the Dittos are too far apart from each other, he cannot change back into Ben, until all the duplicates were close enough together. It seems that this requires more power from the Omnitrix than normal, as seen later when he could only transform into Upgrade for a fraction of the normal time.
Ditto is the prey of Panuncian, as Panuncians also have the ability to clone themselves with no limit.
- Ditto first appeared in Divided We Stand. Ditto fought Animo's mutant seagull. Then, Ditto played basketball, and later one Ditto was caught by Animo to have his DNA copied. Later, Ditto defeated Animo's army of Mutant Lepidopterrans.
- In Ready to Rumble, Ditto defeated Mr. Beck and saved Mrs. Fang.
- 11 year old Ben
- In Ben Again, Ditto battled and defeated Eon, though technically this was done with 16 year old Ben's mind in his 11 year old Ben's body.
- 16 year old Ben
- In O Mother, Where Art Thou?, Ditto was used to fight Pretty Boy Vreedle clones and chase Ma Vreedle.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Ditto and his clones tried to escape from Panuncian, his natural predator, but failed at the end.
- In Animo Crackers, Ditto tried to chase Spanner, but was attacked by Future Dr. Animo.
- in Universe vs. Tennyson, Ditto fought Fistrick, but reverted.
- In A New Dawn, Ditto appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Divided We Stand (x3; first appearance; first time selected alien was Stinkfly)
- Ready to Rumble (selected alien was Four Arms)
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Arabic||ديتو||From Dittu/Ditto, Ditto|
|Bulgarian||Копие||From копие (kopie), clone|
|Chinese||迪多||Pronounced Dí Duō|
|Croatian||Duplić||From duplić, a double|
|Dutch||Ditto||From the original English name|
| From dupliquer, duplicate|
From D and deux, two
|German||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Greek||Ντίττο||Translated from English to Greek|
|Hungarian||Dettó||From dettó, ditto|
|Italian||Idem||Latin word for "The Same"|
|Korean||듀플로||From 듀플로, Duplo|
|Polish||Klon||From klon, clone|
|Portuguese (Br)|| Clone|
|From " clone", clone and "idem", a Latin word for " The Same"|
|Romanian||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Russian||Двойники (Dvoyniki)||From двойники (dvoyniki), twins|
|Serbian||Дито (Dito)||From дито (dito), ditto|
|Spanish (Spain)||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Ditto||From the original English name|
Ditto is a word that means "the same thing again", referencing his self-duplication power.
- According to Ben's fansites, Ditto is his cutest alien.
- Ditto seems to be a homage to Yakko Warner from Animaniacs, having an iconic voice actor, similar mannerisms and similar color layout.