|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ditto is about the height of an average human child. He has white skin, a black and white head and face, and black shoulders. Ditto's hands are large with four digits and his feet are merely stubs. He has three fin-like growths on his head, and also gem-like orbs on his arms and three button-like gems on his waist.
In Ultimate Alien, Ditto looked exactly the same as he did in the original series, except the white section outlining the hourglass symbol across his chest and arms was blue. He no longer had pupils and he wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Omniverse, 11-year-old Ditto's fins are white, and the ones on the side are connected to his eyes. He also has two small whiskers on each of his cheeks, his fingers are now sharper and the green orbs on his shoulders are gone. He has gems like the three on his waist on his shoulders and wrists, his neck is completely black, and he also seems smaller and stubbier. The feet of his suit also cut off to reveal three cat-like toes on each foot.
16-year-old Ditto looks similar to his 11-year-old self, except he has green fins rather than white, and his jumpsuit is now green with black patches under his arms, green sleeves, and black ankles. This jumpsuit also seems to have a design based on the Omnitrix symbol with black triangles on the shoulders and green in the center. The three gems on Ditto's waist are now on a black belt and his voice is higher-pitched than it was in the original series.
Powers and Abilities
Ditto has the ability to clone himself with no limit. At age 10, the execution of this ability was like actually splitting in half. By age 16, it is now similar to Echo Echo, in which he can split and re-merge at a fast pace.
Each Ditto operates independently, regardless of what the others want them to do and each clone is indistinguishable from the others. This allows Ditto to do multiple tasks simultaneously or to cover a large area. An example of this is when Ditto is able to extend his reach across a vast distance by simply cloning himself in a straight line, thereby forming a chain of Dittos.
The green nodes on Ditto's body are extended sensor nodes, which assist in the sensory web that connected all the Ditto clones.[TP 1] This sensory web allows the clones to share senses and physical sensations, such as pain.
Ditto is more flexible than a human.
Ditto is quite agile and can burrow into the ground and pop out like a mole.
Ditto can breathe underwater.
Ditto can jump surprisingly high for his size; while playing basketball, he slam-dunked the ball through a hoop in a way that would be difficult for an average human to jump high enough to do.
Ditto's clones share a link with each other, making it so that if one Ditto is hurt, all the others feel the same pain and if one Ditto gets killed, the others are automatically killed as well, thus negating the ability to form an army of clones.
Due to the fact that each Ditto is only about as strong, fast and has the reach of a small human child, this puts him at a disadvantage when facing off against a bigger, stronger foe. Normally, Ditto compensates by overwhelming his opponent with sheer force of numbers.
If the Dittos cannot agree on one plan, an argument might break out between them.
If the Dittos are too far apart from each other, he cannot change back into Ben until all the duplicates are close enough together. It seems that this requires more power from the Omnitrix than normal, as seen later when he could only transform into Upgrade for a fraction of the normal time limit.
- Ditto first appeared in Divided We Stand, where he was accidentally unlocked by Ben and fought Dr. Animo's mutant seagull. Then, Ditto played basketball with his clones and, eventually, one of the Dittos was caught by Animo to have his DNA copied. Later, Ditto defeated Animo's army of Mutant Lepidopterrans.
- In Ready to Rumble, Ditto saved Mrs. Fang and defeated Mr. Beck.
- 11-year-old Ben
- In Ben Again, 16-year-old Ben in 11-year-old Ben's body used Ditto to battle Eon until the latter retreated.
- 16-year-old Ben
- In O Mother, Where Art Thou?, Ditto fought some Pretty Boy Vreedle clones and chased after Ma Vreedle.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Ditto and his clones tried to escape from Panuncian, his natural predator, but failed at the end.
- In Animo Crackers, Ditto tried to chase Spanner, but was attacked by Future Dr. Animo.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Ditto fought Fistrick, but reverted.
- In A New Dawn, Ditto appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 4
- Divided We Stand (x3; first appearance; first time selected alien was Stinkfly)
- Ready to Rumble (selected alien was Four Arms)
- Season 4
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 3
- Ben Again (first reappearance by 11-year-old Ben; used by 16-year-old Ben in 11-year-old Ben's body; accidental transformation)
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Arabic||ديتو||From Dittu/Ditto, Ditto|
|Bulgarian||Копие||From копие (kopie), clone|
|Chinese||迪多||Pronounced Dí Duō|
|Croatian||Duplić||From duplić, a double|
|Dutch||Ditto||From the original English name|
| From dupliquer, duplicate|
From D and deux, two
|German||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Greek||Ντίττο||Translated from English to Greek|
|Hebrew||שכפול||From שכפול, duplication|
|Hungarian||Dettó||From dettó, ditto|
|Italian||Idem||Latin word for "The Same"|
|Korean||듀플로||From 듀플로, Duplo|
|Polish||Klon||From klon, clone|
|Portuguese (Br)|| Clone|
|From " clone", clone and "idem", a Latin word for " The Same"|
|Romanian||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Russian|| Двойники (Dvoyniki)|
| From двойники (dvoyniki), twins|
From the original English name
from двойник, twin
|Serbian||Дито (Dito)||From дито (dito), ditto|
|Spanish (Spain)||Ditto||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Ditto||From the original English name|
Ditto is a word that means "the same thing again", referencing his self-duplication power.
- According to Ben's fansites on the Extranet, Ditto is his cutest alien.
- Ditto seems to be a homage to Yakko Warner from Animaniacs, as they share the same voice actor (Rob Paulsen), similar mannerisms and similar color layout.
- Ditto's design in Omniverse has some elements of Pikmin.[DJW 1]
- Three clones of 11-year-old Ditto replace 11-year-old Feedback in the opening intro of Omniverse's Arc 4 onwards, specifically in the part where the latter was originally lined up alongside the 11-year-old versions of Ben, Four Arms, Cannonbolt, XLR8, Wildmutt, Ripjaws, and Diamondhead at the end.
- If Ben were to use Ditto with Skurd attached to the Omnitrix, Ditto's clones would have to remain huddled to use Skurd's power.[DJW 2]
- Ditto was the third alien to be manually unlocked by mistake in the Omnitrix, the first and second being Cannonbolt and Wildvine, and the fourth and fifth being Rath and Atomix.