|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
When KO finds himself trapped in a mysterious place, he encounters other Cartoon Network Heroes and they band together to escape.
In a destroyed city, two shadowed heroes are being attacked by a villain named Strike. Fed up by their hiding, he summons K.O. to fight instead. Just as he's about to destroy him, one of the shadowed heroes saves him, revealing herself to be Garnet. The other shadowed hero is Ben 10, and they run. Strike sends his blaster after them. After brief introductions, the blaster engages them. Ben turns into Four Arms and pushes it back. The blaster retaliates by blasting off his Omnitrix, preventing him from turning back. Garnet also loses her glasses, which enabled her to focus her future vision. The three escape and manage to temporarily bring down the blaster.
Escaping into a abandoned building, they find numerous other heroes frozen in stone with red X's on them. They do find one hero named Raven, who managed to survive Strike's attack due to a protection spell. She explains that the city they're in used to be a bustling utopia for all sorts of heroes until Strike showed up to destroy all of them, stealing their powers. He then began summoning heroes to destroy from other dimensions. Raven has also lost most of her powers, only able to levitate. The four decide to attack Strike's lair head on, even forming their team name: O.K. Ben Let's Go Universe.
Using Raven's levitation and Garnet and K.O's punches, the quartet evade traps and monsters sent by Strike and make it to his lair. The blaster shows up once more and corners them. Strike arrives and begins powering up. K.O. uses this opportunity to grab the blaster, figuring that its appearance as a pen would indicate it could create as well as destroy. K.O. restores his new friend's powers and they engage Strike. He sends X energy blasts down that Garnet deflects with rapid fire gauntlet strikes and future vision and Raven uses a blast of dark energy.
When Ben tries to change, he only changes into the various heroes he saw before. K.O. explains that when he used the pen to restore the Omnitrix, the powers that Strike has stolen came with it. K.O. then uses a power fist to launch Ben at the stunned Strike. Ben then transforms into many heroes as he delivers a devastating final hit, destroying Strike. Garnet reprograms the blaster, and the city, as well as all the heroes, are restored by it. Raven opens portals to their home dimensions, and she and Ben both depart. Before Garnet leaves, she uses the blaster to create a POW card of herself for K.O. and leaves for her dimension. K.O. returns to his home and wakes up in Gar's Bodega. Initially believing he was dreaming, he then discovers the Garnet POW card, realizing that recent events were true.
OK Ben Let's Go Universe
- Rex Salazar (cameo, as statue)
- Steven Universe (cameo)
- Pearl (cameo)
- Amethyst (cameo)
- Robin (shadow cameo)
- Starfire (shadow cameo)
- Cyborg (shadow cameo)
- Beast Boy (shadow cameo; mentioned)
- I.M. Weasel (cameo)
- Yumi (cameo)
- Schnitzel (cameo)
- Hi-Five Ghost (cameo)
- Kelsey (cameo)
- Mortimer (cameo)
- Ilana (cameo)
- Octus (cameo)
- Frankie (cameo)
- Juniper Lee (cameo)
- Black Hat (cameo)
- Golly Gopher (cameo)
- Larry 3000 (cameo)
- Lu (cameo)
- Wirt (cameo; second appearance)
- Gregory (cameo)
- Jason Funderburker (cameo)
- Sheep (cameo)
- Courage (cameo)
- Chicken (cameo)
- Jorel's Brother (cameo)
- Carl (cameo)
- Lazlo (cameo)
- Jake Spidermonkey (cameo)
- Numbuh 5 (cameo)
- Erin (cameo)
- Kiva Andru (cameo)
- Duncan Rosenblatt (cameo)
- One-One (cameo)
- Tiggy (cameo)
- Major Dr. Ghastly (cameo)
- Apple (cameo)
- Rodney J. Squirrel (cameo)
- Hedgehog (cameo)
- King Rufus (cameo)
- Valentino (cameo)
- Blastus (cameo)
- Alfe (cameo)
- Periwinkle (cameo)
- Two characters from The Fancies (cameo)
- Rodney J. Squirrel (cameo)
- Valentino (cameo)
- Blastus (cameo)
- Toonix (cameo)
- Clyde 49 (cameo)
- Super Chunk Kid (cameo)
- Strike (first appearance)
Omnitrix Transformations Used
- Robot Jones
- Uncle Grandpa
- Gumball Watterson
- Grizzly Bear
- Jeff Randell
- Captain K'nuckles
- Cow / Supercow
- Johnny Bravo
- Finn the Human
- The current CN logo is used in the title card of the episode but instead of saying Cartoon Network, it now says Crossover Nexus.
- The special is a tribute to the history of Cartoon Network with many Easter eggs.
- The setting for the crossover is CN City, which was featured in a series of bumpers from 2004 to 2007, which has been abandoned since 2007. Therefore, it looks like an abandoned city. The theme from that era can be heard when Strike's blaster undoes the damage Strike himself caused.
- Much like in A New Dawn, Ben goes through a rapid selection of many transformations before choosing one in time to vanquish the main villain. The only difference is that instead of his usual alien forms, Ben switches between a main character from nearly every Cartoon Network original series. Assumingly, the anthem for Cartoon Network Originals, otherwise known as the theme song for Cartoon Cartoons, can be heard during the rapid transformation sequence.
- The themes for NEW NEW NEW NEW and Fridays can also be heard at various points during the episode.
- Logos for Cartoon Cartoons, Fridays, Tickle U, Har Har Tharsdays and Yes! can be seen at various point during the episode, mostly as graffiti.
- The music that is used when Strike summons K.O. is the same music used in The More Things Change: Part 1 when Khyber and Zed make their first appearance in Omniverse.
- When Ben first introduced himself, he posed similar to how he did in one of the reboots promotional poster.
- When K.O. first heard Raven's voice, thinking it was Ben's, Four Arms says, "Dude, did that honestly sound like my voice to you". This is an inside joke, as both Ben and Raven are voiced by Tara Strong.
- The team name K.O. comes up with "OK Ben Let's Go Universe", is an amalgam of the names of main character respected shows.
- Strike's blaster apparently resembling a pen could be a meta gag on how most modern cartoons are drawn digitally, especially how it's able to erase and create anything.
- Crossover Nexus was announced at San Diego Comic Con 2018.
- This episode is canon with the Ben 10 reboot[DR 1], taking place after the events of Omni-Copped. Despite that, it aired before Innervasion Part 1: Message in a Boxcar in the U.S.
- However, the episode is not canon to the Steven Universe series. Fortunately, the fact that Garnet's visor gives her clarity needed for her Future Vision ability has been canonized by OK K.O. series creator, and former Steven Universe crew member, Ian Jones-Quartey.
- In the first teaser trailer, it appeared that Ben had the Omnitrix from Season 1.
- This crossover directly connects the reboot back to the classic continuity, as Rex Salazar appears as a statue in this episode.
- When asked why Ben Tennyson from the classic continuity did not appear in Crossover Nexus, Duncan Rouleau replied to wait, saying that an answer would be coming soon.[DR 2]
- The run time for this special was originally meant to be 22 minutes, therefore the whole idea had to be reworked.
- This episode is the first time Ben is shown to transform from one form to another by slamming his Omnitrix while transformed.
- The various forms Ben turns into near the end of this episode can only be accessed in the Nexus Realm[DR 3], meaning he is unable to use them in his home dimension.
- In the final episode of OK K.O.!: Let's Be Heroes, Thank You for Watching the Show, it is shown that Strike has returned to life after his demise, and is also shown fighting Zak Saturday, Randall P.McDuff, and Sunny Bridges. Those cameos were included because no one from The Secret Saturdays, Party Wagon, or Class of 3000 appeared in this episode.
- Crossover Nexus (the article on the OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes wiki)
- Crossover Nexus (the article on the Steven Universe wiki)
- Crossover Nexus (the article on the Teen Titans Go! wiki)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q_oRvTGwOw&feature=youtu.be&t=5m34s
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1048271739707424769
- ↑ https://steven-universe.fandom.com/wiki/Crossover_Nexus#cite_note-PCV3E1-3
- ↑ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359333569555857409/548564667606368276/DpROKMIUwAAxnT1.png