|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Crashhopper greatly resembles a mix between a grasshopper and a praying mantis with significantly large three-jointed hind limbs. He has a green film connected to the tibia and tarsus of his legs similar to both Jetray and Stinkfly's wings. He has the same green color scheme as Stinkfly, has a large segmented horn on top of his head and two smaller horns on the sides of his head where the eyes are placed. Each horn has three tiny spikes behind them. There are also three spikes on each forearm and the back of both tarsi on his legs, and he has two sharp fingers, a thumb on each hand and two light-colored claw-like toes on his feet along with one on the back. His chin is quite small with two lines, he has gill-like structures under his armpits, and his segmented neck extends from a green collar that is fused with the torso. His suit represents green overalls with three black stripes and a green tip.
The green stripe on Crashhopper's stomach has a large green hexagonal patch where the Omnitrix symbol is located and a smaller white stripe.
Crashhopper appears to be very eager to fight and sometimes, even excited. He is one to dive headfirst into a situation without much consideration, making him a little cocky.
Powers and Abilities
Due to his relatively long and muscular legs, Crashhopper is able to jump extremely long distances. His legs can also kick with considerable force, making them offensive weapons in close-quarters.
Crashhopper's head is hard as steel and full of shock-absorbing viscous matter that cushions the impact on his internal organs.[DJW 1]
The claws on Crashhopper's arms and legs can dig into hard surfaces, allowing him to scale walls and other tall structures.
Crashhopper's body is not as shielded as it looks; when a missile struck him, he started to stroke his head and feel great discomfort from the impact. Furthermore, he was easily hurt by punches from Princess Looma.
If his legs are hit correctly, Crashhopper will move backward automatically.
- Crashhopper first appeared in It Was Them, where he battled Dr. Animo's Mutant Ants and Mucilator.
- In So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies, Crashhopper destroyed some Contumelia ship missiles that were about to crash onto Earth.
- In Hot Stretch, Crashhopper failed to catch Ester.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 1, Crashhopper was crushed by Mucilator, so he switched into Armodrillo.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 2, Crashhopper battled Buglizard until she switched into Mucilator.
- In Many Happy Returns, Crashhopper was defeated by Princess Looma.
- In Gone Fishin', Crashhopper defeated the Krakken.
- In Bros in Space, Crashhopper helped scare away the Muroids.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Crashhopper battled Milleous.
- In Mud Is Thicker Than Water, Crashhopper defeated Psyphon and his gang in a Plumber Tank.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Crashhopper was defeated by Negative Ultimate Humungousaur.
- In Rad Monster Party, Crashhopper defeated Kuphulu.
- In Clyde Five, Crashhopper defeated Liam.
- In Breakpoint, Crashhopper battled Fistrick's gang.
- In A New Dawn, Crashhopper appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- It Was Them (first appearance; accidental transformation)
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies
- Hot Stretch
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 1
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 2
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Crashhopper is a playable alien in the game (by both 11-year-old and 16-year old Ben; DS and 3DS only).
Crashhopper is a playable alien in the game.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Крашхопър||From the original English name|
|Chinese||炸蚱蜢||From 炸 (Zhà), fried, and 蚱蜢 (Zhà Měng), grasshopper|
|Dutch||Ramsprinkhaan||From ram, crash, and sprinkhaan, grasshopper|
|French||Cigalocrash||From cigale, cicada, and crash|
|German||Schmetterüpfer||From schmettern, smashing, and Grashüpfer, grasshopper|
|Greek||Συγκρουστής||From συγκρουστής, collider|
|Hungarian||Mennykőcske||From mennykő, thunderbolt, and szöcske, grasshopper|
|Norwegian||Krasjhoppe||From krasj, crash, and gresshoppe, grasshopper|
|Polish||Crashhopper||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Crashhopper||From the original English name|
|Romanian||Carambol||From carambol, collision|
|Russian||Крешхоппер||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Crashhopper||From the original English name; pronounced /'kraʃhopɛr/ or /'kaʃhopɛr/.|
|Turkish||Çarpan Çekirge||From çarpan, crashing, and çekirge, grasshopper|
Crashhopper's name is a portmanteau of "crash", the impact that he makes upon landing and "grasshopper", the creature he is based on.
- Ben enjoys jumping as Crashhopper.[DJW 2]
- When Crashhopper jumps or speaks, a cricket-like sound is heard.
- Crashhopper's abilities are similar to those of Cricket from Generator Rex, another series Man of Action worked on.
- From Arc 4 of Omniverse onwards, Crashhopper is replaced with Bullfrag in the opening intro of the show, specifically in the part where the former initially appeared alongside Shocksquatch, Way Big, and Bloxx.
- It is implied that Crashhopper was never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 3]