|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Corrupturas are creatures that can control any being, simply by making contact with their forehead.
Normally, Corrupturas are created within and spat at an opponent by Vladats.
Powers and Abilities
When spat out by a Vladat, a Corruptura affixes itself on the forehead of a being, thus giving the Vladat control over that being. The victim is still conscious and aware of their actions, but have no control over their physical body. Basically, the victim becomes an unwilling puppet.
Other races shown to be effective on Corrupturas include Revonnahganders, Merlinisapiens, Splixsons,[DJW 1] Crystalsapiens,[DJW 2] To'kustars,[DJW 3] Sonorosians,[DJW 4] Galvanic Mechamorphs,[DJW 5] Piscciss Premanns,[DJW 6] Arburian Pelarotas,[DJW 7] and Ventrilosquid's species.[DJW 8]
Corrupturas possess wings for flight, which they use in order to get from their master's mouth and to their victim's forehead.
Corrupturas are ineffective against targets that can make themselves intangible, such as Ectonurites, and will pass straight through them. They also ineffective against cybernetically-enhanced beings such as Exo-Skull and supernatural beings like Dagon.[DJW 10]
Vladats are unable to control an entire set of Splixson clones using their Corrupturas because each clone is an independent being.[DJW 1]
Corrupturas are not very durable, as they can easily be destroyed by species with as much or strength than a Transylian.
Corrupturas can destroyed from exposure to sunlight and intense heat, such as that generated by Pyronites,[DJW 11] Prypiatosian-Bs,[DJW 12] and members of Atomix's species. They are also weak against acid.[DJW 13]
Ben 10: Omniverse
Their name is based on the word "corrupt", and "chiroptera", the order containing bats.
- The way that Corrupturas control other beings through attaching to their faces makes them similar to the Krana from the Bionicle series.
- Corrupturas are also highly reminiscent of Starro the Conqueror's starfish spores (from the Justice League comics and the Batman: The Brave and The Bold cartoon) in form and function, right down to the single eye dominating the victims' faces.
- Corrupturas are also highly reminiscent of the flesh buds used by Dio Brando during Part 3 of the anime and manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, being launched from a vampire creature and being placed on someone's forehead to control them.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 File:Ditto Clones Independent.PNG
- ↑ File:Corruptura Crystalline Entity.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire Can Control a To'kustar.PNG
- ↑ File:Echo Echo Can Be Controlled By a Vladat.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire Can Control Mechamorphs.png
- ↑ File:Kraab Weaknesses.png
- ↑ File:Cannonbolt Can Be Affected by Corruptura.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire and Ventrilosquid.png
- ↑ File:Corruptura Walkatrout.PNG
- ↑ File:Dagon Corruptura Immunity.png
- ↑ File:Corruptura Can Be Burned Off.PNG
- ↑ File:NRG Corruptura Immunity.png
- ↑ File:Corrupturas Are Weak Against Acid.png
- ↑ File:Florauna & Corrupturas.png