|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
Corrupturas are creatures that can control any being, simply by making contact with their forehead.
Normally, Corrupturas are created within and spat at an opponent by Vladats.
Corrupturas are crystalline entities with one eye, little horns, and bat-like wings. Lord Transyl's Corrupturas are red with purple eyes, while Whampire's Corrupturas are dark green with light green eyes.
Powers and Abilities
When spat out by a Vladat, a Corruptura affixes itself on the forehead of a being, thus giving the Vladat control over that being. The victim is still conscious and aware of their actions, but have no control over their physical body. Basically, the victim becomes an unwilling puppet.
Other races shown to be effective on Corrupturas include Revonnahganders, Merlinisapiens, Splixsons,[DJW 1] Crystalsapiens,[DJW 2] To'kustars,[DJW 3] Sonorosians,[DJW 4] Galvanic Mechamorphs,[DJW 5] Piscciss Premanns,[DJW 6] and Arburian Pelarotas.[DJW 7]
Corrupturas possess wings for flight, which they use in order to get from their master's mouth and to their victim's forehead.
Corrupturas can be used as projectile weapons.[DJW 8]
Corrupturas are ineffective against targets that can make themselves intangible, such as Ectonurites, and will pass straight through them. They are also ineffective against cybernetically-enhanced beings such as Exo-Skull and supernatural beings like Dagon.[DJW 10]
Vladats are unable to control an entire set of Splixson clones using their Corrupturas because each clone is an independent being.[DJW 1]
Corrupturas are not very durable, as they can be easily destroyed by species with as much or more strength than a Transylian.
Corrupturas can be destroyed from exposure to sunlight and intense heat, such as that generated by Pyronites,[DJW 11] Prypiatosian-Bs,[DJW 12] and members of Atomix's species. They are also weak against acid.[DJW 13]
- The Vampire Strikes Back (first appearance)
Their name is based on the word "corrupt", and "chiroptera", the order containing bats.
- The way that Corrupturas control other beings through attaching to their faces makes them similar to the Krana from the Bionicle series.
- Corrupturas are also highly reminiscent of Starro the Conqueror's starfish spores (from the Justice League comics and the Batman: The Brave and The Bold cartoon) in form and function, right down to the single eye dominating the victims' faces.
- Corrupturas are also highly reminiscent of the flesh buds used by Dio Brando during Part 3 of the anime and manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, being launched from a vampire creature and being placed on someone's forehead to control them.
- If two Corrupturas from two different vladat’s stick to the same target, the one with the strongest willpower will prevail.[DJW 15]
- File:Ditto Clones Independent.PNG
- File:Corruptura Crystalline Entity.PNG
- File:Whampire Can Control a To'kustar.PNG
- File:Echo Echo Can Be Controlled By a Vladat.PNG
- File:Whampire Can Control Mechamorphs.png
- File:Kraab Weaknesses.png
- File:Cannonbolt Can Be Affected by Corruptura.PNG
- File:Corrupturas as Projectile Weapons.png
- File:Corruptura Walkatrout.PNG
- File:Dagon Corruptura Immunity.png
- File:Corruptura Can Be Burned Off.PNG
- File:NRG Corruptura Immunity.png
- File:Corrupturas Are Weak Against Acid.png
- File:Florauna & Corrupturas.png
- File:Corruptura Versus Corruptura.png