|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|This article needs cleanup. It does not adhere to the Manual of Style.|
|“||Omniverse is always taking place "now." Ultimate Alien is always taking place just before Omniverse. Alien Force was always taking place "now," until Ultimate Alien aired, at which point it took place about a year ago.||”|
- —Dwayne McDuffie's concept of "now", implying the use of a floating timeline. Due to the nature of a floating timeline, the contents and the dates are subject to revision.[DM 1]
The Classic timeline is where all of the canon Classic Continuity episodes of Ben 10 take place.
This is the timeline where nearly the entire Ben 10 series take place. Ben 10: Race Against Time didn't directly happen in this timeline, and Gwen 10 and Goodbye and Good Riddance are "what if" episodes.
- The Universe had been created by the Contemelia and the Slimebiotes started their lifelong mission of seeding life across the growing universe.
- The Timeline at the beginning started to branch into many timelines and shift creating its own Timestream.
- Realities began to diverge.
Prior to 231AD
- Millions of years prior to Omniverse
- Before 231AD
- Sir George is born.
- Prior to 1131
- The destruction of the Incursean Homeworld takes place.
- After 1131
- Max Tennyson is born.
- Paradox's time machine fails, sending him out of time for 100,000 years.
20th and 21st Century
- Fourteen years prior to the original series
- Ken Tennyson is born.
- Eleven years prior to the original series
- Kevin Levin is born.
- Ten years prior to the original series
- Seven years prior to the original series
- six years ago
- The events of Ben 10 take place.
- One week prior to The Big Tick
- Azmuth begins working on the new Omnitrix.
- The events of Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens take place.[DJW 1]
- 5 years ago
- The flashback events of Ben 10: Omniverse take place.
- 2 to 4 years ago
- 1 year ago
- Ten years after Ben 10
- The Limax War takes place and Max loses his right arm.
- Twenty years after Ben 10
- The events of Ben 10,000 take place.
- Twenty-one years after Ben 10
- Devlin Levin is born.
- Twenty-two years after Ben 10
- Ken Tennyson is born.
- Thirty-two years after Ben 10
- The events of Ken 10 take place.
- After Ken 10
- Ben creates the Biomnitrix.
- 4 years after Ken 10
- When it was released, Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens was not considered canon[MW 1], but when Omniverse started, the movie was made canon to the story.[DJW 1]
- It is revealed in And Then There Were None that the main timeline branched into many alternate realities and timelines.
- The current Ben 10 series always takes place "this year". The original series is perpetually six years ago to the current "now".[DM 2][DM 3]