|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||Ben! Where's Paradox? The Chronosapiens have gone rogue, and Maltruant's temporal beasts are on a cross-dimensional rampage! This Time War is getting out of hand!||”|
Chronosapiens are a species of biomechanical lifeforms. They're robotic, metallic, and appear to be more machine-like than biological.
Chronosapiens are large, round semi-humanoid aliens generally resembling mechanical clocks.[DJW 1] They have translucent windows on their chests displaying their innards, which appear to be various gears, and round short heads with a semi-circular appendage on top.
When moving, Chronosapiens produce gear-like sounds.
Chronosapiens come in a wide variety of colors,[DJW 2] including golden-yellow and black.
Chronosapiens play a strategy game similar to chess where they theoretically rewrite points in time that would make dramatic improvements to the present.[DJW 6]
Powers and Abilities
Chronosapiens can fire time rays from their hands or chest, which have various effects such as sending people back in time, aging an object/person to dust, restoring individuals who have been erased from time, sending them into a different timeline, and reverting them to a previous state while also immobilizing them.
Chronosapiens can slow down time, which makes them look like to other beings that they are fast when they're actually really slow.
Chronosapiens have a degree of enhanced strength, as Clockwork was able to throw a pipe so hard it became heavily embedded into a wall.
Chronosapiens can rotate their heads 360° degrees.[DJW 8]
Chronosapiens possess chronopathy, which grants them a fine-tuned sense of precise time and determine the exact time an event has taken or will take place and for low long, as demonstrated by Maltruant.
Because they are technological beings, it is possible for a Galvanic Mechamorph to merge with a Chronosapien, thus making their time rays stronger and increasing their speed and stamina to superhuman levels. While in this state, Chronosapiens can jump extremely high, morph their hands into drills, fire rockets out of shoulder-mounted launchers, and sense another Chronosapien's head key.
With enough power and skill, Chronosapiens can perform a temporal consciousness conversion in which a person's consciousness is swapped with that of a younger or older version of the target in question,[DJW 9] much like what Eon did to Ben Prime's 16 and 11-year-old selves.
Chronosapiens are less durable than Oryctini, as a laser blast from Carl Nesmith's glove damaged Clockwork's right shoulder and caused him to shut down. When Clockwork reverted to human form in this state, Ben's right arm was broken.
If something hits a Chronosapien's head key, they can be badly stunned; this shows that they are not very agile, as Clockwork admits that he "is not good for dodging."
Because of their large bodies and short legs, Chronosapiens cannot run very fast and are low on stamina, meaning they tire out quickly.
A Chronosapiens's time rays are ineffective against anything diamond-related such as Petrosapiens, due to them being incapable of aging. Similarly, the time rays are ineffective on gumballs because time has no effect on them.
The use of a Chronosapien's powers creates a ripple effect that can be sensed and in some cases reversed by another Chronosapien.
- Clockwork (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Chronosapien)
- Sir Tok-Tic the Persistently Unpunctual (Deceased)[DJW 16]
Notable Augmented Chronosapiens
- Ben Again
- Ben 10,000
- Ben 10,000 Returns
- Catch a Falling Star
- And Then There Was Ben
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- Bengeance Is Mine
- The Eggman Cometh
- The Beginning of the End
- The End of an Era
- Ben 10,000 (Ultimate Alien)
- A Jolt from the Past
- Ultimate Ben
- Professor Paradox
- A New Dawn
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2
- Ben 10,000
- File:All Chronosapiens Resemble Mechanical Clocks.png
- File:Chronosapien Colors.png
- File:Chronosapien Time Travel Laws.png
- File:Chronosapien Law Punishment.png
- File:Chronosapiens Don't Like Paradox.png
- File:Chronosapien Game.png
- File:Rogue Chronosapiens Explanation.png
- File:Clockwork Can Rotate His Head.png
- File:Chronosapien Temporal Consciousness Conversion.png
- File:Clockwork Cannot Travel Through Dimensions.png
- File:Chronosapiens Can Be Magnetized.PNG
- File:Tech Beings Can Be Possessed and Have Life Absorbed.png
- File:Pesky Dust Works On Chronosapiens and Ectonurites.png
- File:Juryrigg Dismantle Living Machines.png
- File:Chronosapiens Can Function Without Some Parts.PNG
- File:Sir Tok-Tic Proof.png
- File:Maltruant Augmented.png