|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Chromastone is a silicon-based alien made of extremely durable crystal. His body is overall purple, with several dark lines and spots. His hands and face are magenta, and he also sports six magenta shards on his back, two on his chest, and one on the top of his head that resembles a horn. His face consists of a mouth and one large green eye at the center.
In Heroes United, Chromastone has green teeth and some of his dark lines are missing.
In A New Dawn, Chromastone gets a new appearance. He now wears a green jumpsuit with white stripes on the waist and green-and-white striped gauntlets on his wrists and legs. He has three additional spikes on each shoulder and arm, as well as one on each knee and two on the sides of his head, and the spikes on his chest as well as the four small spikes on his back are gone. His neck is now longer, his face has a magenta chin that resembles a mouth guard, and he now speaks without moving his mouth at all. Similar to Pre-Blossomed Swampfire, he has five fingers on his hands, and the Omnitrix symbol is now on his right pectoral.
Powers and Abilities
Chromastone has the ability to allow many types of energy, such as lasers, electricity, mana, radiation,[MW 1] and even Captain Marvel's cosmic energy blasts[DJW 1] to phase through his body without harm.
Chromastone can absorb and channel energy into ultraviolet beams powerful enough to melt through a truck trailer and destroy an entire turret. He can fire these beams from either his hands or from the nine shards on his body and can project these beams as either energy blasts or projectiles.
Chromastone can control the intensity of his energy attacks, and the amount of power his ultraviolet beams have depends on how powerful the energy from an opponent's attack is. For instance, when the Dragon attacked Chromastone with its powerful fire blast, the latter absorbed it and subdued the Dragon with a powerful wave of ultraviolet energy. Similarly, when Gwen gave Chromastone a large amount of mana for him to absorb, he was able to shoot powerful energy blasts at Dagon.
Chromastone is able to allow energy attacks to simply bounce off his body instead of absorbing them.
Chromastone is capable of jumping exceptionally high.
Chromastone possesses enhanced strength, allowing him to overpower stronger opponents, such as a Techadon-enhanced Cash, with his bare hands. Technically speaking, he is physically stronger than Methanosians.[DM 1]
If a big enough light source were to shine through him, Chromastone can create a big beautiful rainbow in the sky.[DJW 2]
Chromastone is unable to absorb energy when he is either not expecting it or too weak to do so. He is also unable to absorb electricity while it is being conducted by water.
Chromastone has a limit to how much energy he can absorb at once, as he once tried to absorb all the mana energy of Charmcaster's machine but was overwhelmed to the point of almost crumbling apart.
Despite his enhanced strength, there is a limit to how strong Chromastone is, as seen when he failed to punch through the Contumelia's machine's extra-dimensional barrier. Technically speaking, Chromastone is physically weaker than Vaxasaurians.[DM 1]
There is a limit to Chromastone's heat resistance, as he would probably not do well if he were to be thrown into a sun.[DJW 1]
- Chromastone first appeared in All That Glitters, where he defeated a zombified Lucy.
- In Be-Knighted, Chromastone fought the Dragon and realized it was trying to talk.
- In The Gauntlet, Chromastone battled a Techadon-enhanced Cash until the latter broke free from the Techadon glove's negative influence.
- The same scene reoccurred twice on TV in Fame.
- In Paradox, Chromastone prepared to fight the Trans-Dimensional Monster, but it escaped before he could do so.
- In Darkstar Rising, Chromastone prepared to battle a group of Forever Knights who were actually just holograms created by Magister Prior Gilhil.
- In Good Copy, Bad Copy, Chromastone tried to fight Negative Spidermonkey, but immediately reverted before he could do so.
- In Voided, Chromastone defeated some Null Guardians and briefly battled D'Void before he reverted.
- In Inside Man, Chromastone burnt into a truck and fought some DNAliens.
- In Birds of a Feather, Chromastone saved Simian and retrieved the crystal that the latter had failed to get.
- In Unearthed, Chromastone battled some DNAliens and destroyed their laser turret, saving Tiny in the process.
- In Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2, Chromastone escaped the Omnitrix and battled Murk Upchuck until he was knocked out by Kevin, prompting Murk Upchuck to recapture Chromastone. Later, Chromastone fought Vilgax, but was defeated and got shattered, reforming into Diamondhead and thus no longer giving Ben access to Chromastone as a result of this incident.
- In The Secret of Chromastone, Ben regained Chromastone by scanning Sugilite.
- In Fame, Chromastone was defeated by Bivalvan.
- In Where the Magic Happens, Chromastone battled some Scrutins.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, Chromastone was defeated by Gwen who used a spell to melt him, so he switched into Terraspin.
- In Viktor: The Spoils, Chromastone briefly appeared when King Xarion was looking through the Ultimatrix for AmpFibian.
- In The Big Story, Chromastone was used by a Plant Clone of Ben to fight the real Ben and his team.
- In The Creature from Beyond, Chromastone searched for the Lucubra.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, Chromastone appeared as one of the many aliens when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In Enemy of My Frenemy, Chromastone attempted to absorb the source of energy in Charmcaster's machine only to be overwhelmed and forcibly reverted instead.
- In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, Chromastone stopped Dagon from killing Sir George, but was eventually defeated by the former.
- In Trouble Helix, Chromastone allowed Blukic and Driba to test their new weapon on him.
- In A New Dawn, Chromastone broke through the extradimensional field of the Contumelia's machine by using a sword provided by Skurd, who used Alien X's DNA to create it, to retrieve Maltruant's Annihilargh. Later, Chromastone appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Fame (first reappearance; x3; first and second times were on TV)
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Viktor: The Spoils (cameo)
- The Creature from Beyond
- Enemy of My Frenemy (destroyed, but still remains available in the Ultimatrix)
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- Plant Clone
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Trouble Helix (first reappearance; cameo)
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (x2; second time was cameo)
- Cartoon Network Action Packs
- The New Order
- Blast from the Past 2
- Brief Mysteries of Time
- Double Trouble
- Ship Shape
- Collectible Heroes
- Target Rath
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ben 10 (Issue 1)
- Alien Unlock
Chromastone is a playable alien character in the Nintendo DS version of the game.
Chromastone is initially unavailable, but is unlocked at the beginning of the Cave 3-1 level.
Chromastone is able to shoot ultraviolet energy beams of varying intensity and width, as well as unleash an omnidirectional blast of ultraviolet energy.
Chromastone is not required to be used at all in order to complete the game.
Chromastone is a playable alien character in the game.
Chromastone is capable of manipulating the energy into bolts, rather than beams, as well as generating an energy blast expanding out in a 360-degree radius, creating an energy shield, and wielding energy fists.
Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable Versions
Due to the Omnitrix rebooting after Ben's abuse of the quick-change feature during his battle with an animated Mr. Smoothy mascot, Chromastone was temporarily locked until Ben's arrival on Mor' Otesi.
Chromastone is able to channel ultraviolet beams to power lifts for transportation and machinery to access locked areas.
Similar to Brainstorm, Chromastone's unique block animation summons a shield made out of ultraviolet energy that renders him impervious to energy attacks.
Prismatic Explosion is an unlockable combo move for Chromastone.
Chromastone is vital for progression on the Mor' Otesi level of the game.
Chromastone was erroneously designed with four magenta shards on his back when there is supposed to be six of them.
Nintendo DS Version
Chromastone and Echo Echo are reunlocked upon Ben's arrival on Mor' Otesi.
Chromastone is able to safely bypass the radioactive meteors that litter Mor' Otesi's landscape.
Chromastone is a playable alien character in the game.
Due to the Omnitrix sorting out after Ben fiddled with it, Chromastone was temporarily locked until the beginning of Level 8.
Chromastone is able to absorb energy from a solar cell and store it inside him, transferring it to other cells in order to open sealed gates or to activate moving platforms. Chromastone can retain this stored energy even if he reverts back to human form and/or he switches to other alien forms.
Chromastone's hard crystalline body makes him immune to physical attacks. Whenever he is hit, his Omnitrix Energy meter instead of his health meter will be depleted.
Chromastone briefly appears as a hologram in the game, but is not playable.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Gurkromi||From gur (stone) and kromi (chrome)|
|Arabic||كروماستون||From Krumastun (Kromaston), Chromastone|
|Bulgarian||Хромолом (Hromolom)||From Хромолом (Hromolom), Chromastone|
|Chinese||水晶奇侠||From 水晶 (Shǔi Jīng), crystal and 奇侠 (Qī Xiá), knight-errant|
|Croatian||Megakrom||From mega and krom, chrome|
|Danish||Stenergi||From sten, stone and energi, energy|
|Dutch||Chromosteen/Chromasteen||From chromo/chroma, chrome and steen, stone|
|French||Mégachrome||From méga, mega and chrome, chrome|
|German||Chromastein||From chroma, color and stein, stone|
|Greek||Χρωμιόλιθος||From χρώμιο, chrome and λίθος, stone|
|Hungarian||Krómakő||From króm, chrome and kő, stone|
|Italian||Cromoraggio||From cromo, color and raggio, ray|
|Norwegian||Kromstein||From krom, chrome and stein, stone|
|Polish||Chromaton||From chroma, color and ton, ton|
|Portuguese (Br)||Cromático||From cromático, chromatic|
|Romanian||Chromastone||From the original English name|
|Russian|| Кристалл (Kristall)|
| From Кристалл (Kristall), crystal|
From the original English name
|Serbian||Мегахром||From mega and hrom, chrome|
|Spanish (HA)|| Piedra|
Crómico (A New Dawn)
| From piedra, stone|
From crómico, chromic
|Spanish (Spain)||Megacroma||From mega and croma, chrome|
|Swedish||Kristallen||From kristallen, the crystal|
|Turkish||Parlak Taş||From parlak, shiny and taş, stone|
Chromastone's name is a combination of the words "chroma" and "stone".
Chroma means purity or intensity of color, noting the intensity of the color in Chromastone's rays and stone. Stone is the nonmetallic mineral that a rock is made of, referencing his appearance.
Chromastone's name is also a play on Chromosome, a component of cellular biology related to DNA.
- Chromastone had concept art drawn by Glenn Wong and Eric Canete, whereas his final design was created by Chap Yaep, with color styling by Chris Hooten.[GW 1]
- Chromastone is one of the four regular aliens to get a complete redesign in Omniverse; the others being Shocksquatch, Eatle, and Swampfire. However, Chromastone and Swampfire are the only two of these aliens to get redesigns mid-series.
- Chromastone is one of the five aliens who escaped from the original Omnitrix; the others being Ghostfreak, Goop, Way Big, and Spidermonkey.
- Chromastone is implied to have more abilities than the ones that are known, but this is never explored.
- Chromastone's reformation into Diamondhead in Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2 had nothing to do with Vilgax's sword being covered in crystal before he destroyed him.[DM 2]
- Chromastone and Sugilite are the only Crystalsapiens in existence.[DM 3]
- Chromastone is the final alien used in Ultimate Alien. Coincidentally, his hologram is also the first one shown on the recalibrated Omnitrix in Alien Force.
- ↑ Some end credits of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, as well as the story books
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Absolute Power: Part 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Inside Man
- ↑ Unearthed
- ↑ Be-Knighted
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 The Gauntlet
- ↑ Good Copy, Bad Copy
- ↑ All That Glitters
- ↑ Darkstar Rising
- ↑ The Creature from Beyond
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Enemy of My Frenemy
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 The Secret of Chromastone
- ↑ Fame
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 A New Dawn
- ↑ Tetrax Shard
- ↑ Ben 10 Returns: Part 1
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 File:Chromastone vs Captain Marvel.png
- ↑ File:Chromastone Rainbow Generation.png
- ↑ File:Ectonurites Cannot Possess Pyronites or Crystalsapiens.png
- ↑ File:Chromastone Cannot Absorb Big Bag.png
- ↑ File:Feedback Can Absorb Chromastone's Energy.png
- ↑ File:Corruptura Crystalline Entity.PNG
- ↑ File:Chromastone Cannot Absorb Plasma.png