|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben as Chamalien
Chamalien has a slim body that resembles a large purple salamander with darker purple camo-esque spots all over his body and a short tail. He has three triangular eyes; the left being blue, the right red and the middle green, but the red and blue eyes are the only ones that blink, while the green eye doesn't. The top of his head is purple-black, with a spike-shaped fin on the back of his head. He has four-fingered hands and three toes on his frog-like feet. He also has a wide mouth with sharp teeth.
Chamalien wears the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
Albedo as Negative Chamalien
Negative Chamalien looks just like Chamalien except all of his eyes are red and is missing the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
Powers and Abilities
Chamalien's main ability is his camouflage, as he is capable of blending in with the color of his surroundings with such effectiveness that he appears invisible.
Chamalien is very agile, quick, flexible and can climb walls with ease. He also had sharp teeth and claws.
Chamalien's body is highly slippery and smooth, making him very difficult to grab.
Chamalien has a long, retractable black barb that can come out of the tip of his tail.
Chamalien's differently colored eyes allow him to see other Merlinisapiens when they are invisible.[DJW 1]
Although Chamalien appears to turn invisible when he camouflages himself, he actually just changes his color. Consequently, his shadow can still be seen and any place filled with too many bright lights can be a disadvantage.
Although it has never been shown and only demonstrated through Subdora, Chamalien's camouflage is useless if he is either carrying something or coated in another material, like paint or dust.
- Chamalien first appeared in Prisoner Number 775 Is Missing, where he was unlocked by scanning Prisoner 775's DNA and tried out by Ben.
- In The Flame Keepers' Circle, Chamalien snuck into a building controlled by the Flame Keepers' Circle.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Chamalien ran away from Gwen and Kevin in a dream.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Negative Chamalien ambushed Ben in a dream.
- Season 2
- Prisoner Number 775 Is Missing (first appearance)
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
Naming and Translations
|Chinese||小题大做||From 小题大做 (Xiǎo Tí Dà Zuò), "make a fuss"|
| From caméléon, chameleon|
From exagérer, exaggerate and -ator
|German||Chamäleon||From Chamäleon, chameleon|
|Greek||Εξωγήινος Χαμελέοντας||From εξωγήινος, alien and χαμελέοντας, chameleon|
|Hebrew||חייזר זיקית||From חייזר alien and זיקית, chameleon|
|Hungarian||Kaméleon||From kaméleon, chameleon|
|Italian||Camaleontide||From camaleonte and -ide, chameleon-like|
|Romanian||Cameleonul||From cameleon, chameleon|
|Russian||Хамелеон||From хамелеон, chameleon|
|Spanish (HA)||Camaleón||From camaleón, chameleon|
Chamalien's name comes from chameleon, an animal capable of changing its color, referencing his ability to camouflage himself.
- Chamalien was revealed in a picture released on the Ben 10 Facebook page as a reward for hitting 1,000,000 fans.
- Chamalien is Ben's third alien to have an accent, with the first and second being Brainstorm and NRG, and the fourth and fifth being Clockwork and Shocksquatch.
- When Ben first transformed into Chamalien, he named the form "Overkill" as a joke. He would eventually use the form's real name later on.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Ben would have used Chamalien to spy on Chadzmuth.[DJW 2] The whole scene, however, was dropped as the story was changed.[DJW 3]
- Because of this, Chamalien does not appear in Omniverse.
- Chamalien's appearance is similar to that of the Randall Boggs from the Monsters, Inc. franchise, and the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland (referring to his smile), and his body shape also resembles Oscar from Oscar's Oasis.
- His three eyes are a reference to the 1953 movie adaptation of The War of the Worlds. The Martians in the movie have three eyes that are just like Chamalien's. The colors red, blue, and green are the basic colors the human eye perceives.