|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
Celestialsapiens are a race of omnipotent beings native to the Forge of Creation.
Celestialsapiens are silhouette-like humanoids that can range from any size. Their bodies are black with white outlines and have white star-like dots scattered inside them. As of Omniverse, their heads can possess either a black flaming tip with stars inside, two long horns on the sides of their head, or three trident-like horns on their forehead. Their face only consists of white pupil-less eyes, but occasionally they can sport facial hair colored the same as their bodies such as a beard. Celestialsapiens tend to have a rather large size.
Infant Celestialsapiens have the body shape of a human baby, male Celestialsapiens have the body of a muscular male adult human, and female Celestialsapiens have the shape of a thin female adult human.
During Ultimate Alien, Celestialsapiens have shown to have no clothing, while Omniverse showed them to have an attire of bluish-metallic gladiator armor and bandages. The design of the armor depends on the Celestialsapien who wears it.
Celestialsapiens prefer their shrouded existence at the Forge of Creation, as opposed to being involved with the "petty going-ons" of the rest of existence.
Celestialsapiens possess two personalities that are "sort of" part of their DNA,[DM 1] such as a Voice of Love and Compassion and a Voice of Rage and Aggression. Both of a Celestialsapien's personalities have to agree with each other for the Celestialsapien to perform any sort of action. However, due to their contrasting personalities, this hardly ever happens.[MW 1] When it does happen, it usually takes thousands of years.[DM 2] When the Celestialsapien speaks, both voices speak in unison and, depending on what the voices agree on, they say "Seconded!", or "Motion carried!" if they agree; they say "Motion denied!" if they disagree.
Alien X is a somewhat unique case, as he has three personalities. In his case, at least two out of the three have to agree on any action, otherwise, Alien X will remain motionless. In Omniverse, all three personalities must agree.
Celestialsapiens develop multiple personalities over time. It is for this reason that Ultimate Aggregor tried to absorb the powers of a baby Celestialsapien rather than an adult - by doing so, he would gain the alien's tremendous power without the debilitating multiple personalities.[DM 3]
Celestialsapiens don't ever do anything fun. They spend all their time in unending debates, both in parliament and internally. Debates on a subject can last for eons, and even then end in stalemate or be set aside for later discussion.[DJW 1]
A pregnant Celestialsapien has a small glowing white orb in her hands with a baby Celestialsapien growing inside it.
It takes a baby Celestialsapien tens of thousands of years to develop.[DM 4]
Powers and Abilities
Celestialsapiens are the most powerful species in the universe, being capable of controlling reality, space and time. Their reality warping is seemingly without limit - a Celestialsapien can make its very thoughts become reality and survive anything up to (and including) the destruction of the entire universe around them. However, they have to follow rules that regulate the use of their powers, such as the Multiverse Preservation Act. It is very dangerous to disturb them while debating as "they can just blink, and you'd be gone".
Celestialsapiens are apparently immortal, or at least extremely long-lived, as they can live for tens of thousands of years before even being considered "mature".
Their omnipotence[note 1] gives other abilities that do not truly require much decision making or thought to access, such as allowing them to near instantly regenerate from any physical damage, seamlessly fly through air and space (being able to move across entire solar systems in less than a millisecond), grow to the size of a sun, have the strength to smash planets to pieces in one punch, distorting and reversing time for specific targets, being able to telekinetically move targets, deflecting energy blasts with their hands, generating force fields that explode into waves of force when punched, transforming into and create black hole like voids and teleporting in a clear haze.
In order for a Celestialsapien to perform any action, including simple movement, a majority or all of their personalities must agree to do so. Given that said personalities generally contrast each other in every way, Celestialsapiens can spend eons debating before using any of their powers. A baby Celestialsapien does not have multiple personalities, but it is also not mature enough to use its power.
Celestialsapiens can also be physically harmed by other members of their species, though they can recover from any physical damage, as the Galactic Gladiator grew back his hand after Alien X burst out of it in the form of duplicates. The Gladiator was overpowered and left incapacitated when he was overwhelmed with the need to think and make decisions after seeing the duplicates, leaving him only able to swing and thrash his arms at them while they trapped him in a black hole and left him powerless.
Celestialsapiens are vulnerable to having their powers absorbed, as Ben and Azmuth have implied that Darkstar and Osmosians can absorb their vast cosmic-like powers. This was in fact Aggregor's master plan - he collected the powers of five aliens (Galapagus, Bivalvan, Andreas, Ra'ad, P'andor) from the Andromeda galaxy to gain access to the Map of Infinity, in order to gain access to the Forge of Creation so he could absorb the powers of a newborn Celestialsapien.
Celestialsapiens can die, and the cause of the death does not need to be by another Celestialsapien.[MW 2]
|The weaknesses mentioned ahead are, firstly, 'Word of God' statements, i.e., have not been seen on the show and may not necessarily be canon, and secondly, are applicable only if the Celestialsapien is too slow to react due to deliberations by the personalities, i.e., Celestialsapiens, can protect themselves from these weaknesses using their powers, provided they use them.|
- Alien X (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Celestialsapien)
- Mother Celestialsapien
- Baby Celestialsapien
- Galactic Gladiator
- Citizens of the Forge of Creation
Notable Celestialsapien Hybrids
Naming and Translations
Celestial Sapien (Weapon XI: Part 2 and Universe vs. Tennyson)
|From celestial, celestial.|
From the original English name; pronounced /sɛlɛstɪal'sapɪɛn/.
From celestial, celestial and sapien, sapiens; pronounced /sɛlɛs'tɪal 'sapɪɛn/.
- Professor Paradox is not allowed to go within 500 light-years of any Celestialsapien.
- Celestialsapiens also live in the Milky Way Galaxy, but they're born in the Forge of Creation.[DM 5]
- Celestialsapiens each have their own personalities; Bellicus and Serena are unique to Alien X.[MW 3]
- The Celestialsapiens were previously stated to spend most of their time debating, but Omniverse establishes that they have actively partaken in other matters. For example, they are the reason behind the different art styles and appearances of the franchise.
- There has been much debate between fans as to if Celestialsapiens are to be considered omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent. Given that literally any thought of a Celestialsapien can be converted to reality, by definition Celestialsapiens are all-powerful and thus are omnipotent. While their physical forms do have weaknesses, they can be eliminated at any moment by a resolution of their personalities. Their actions being reverted by other Celestialsapiens, and them being harmed because of the time it takes for the personalities to agree to defend themselves is a practical limitation on Celestialsapiens. In theory, they have all possible power, as there is no thought that cannot be converted into reality. Yet, due to the aforementioned limitations some consider them to be nigh-omnipotent. The discretion is left to the reader to decide which category to put Celestialsapiens in.
- File:Celestialsapiens Don't Do Fun.png
- File:Celestialsapiens More Powerful Than Contumelia.png
- File:Celestialsapien personalities can be frightened by Toepick.png
- File:Upchuck Eat Celestialsapien.png
- File:Celestialsapiens Can Be Possessed.PNG
- File:Celestialsapiens Sleeping Dust.PNG
- File:Whampire Celestialsapien.PNG
- File:What Anur Vladias used to be like.png
- File:Celestialsapiens powers don't work right on magic.png