|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|Click here to see the||Alternate Future||version of this article|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Weaknesses
- 5 History
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
Ben as Buzzshock
Buzzshock's appearance is similar to an Earth dry cell. He is black with green eyes, a large lightning bolt-like stripe spanning from where his neck starts to where his legs start on his front and back sides, and a positive (+) symbol and negative (-) symbol on his back.
In Ultimate Alien, Buzzshock looked mostly the same as he did in the original series, except the hole on his head was replaced with a grey spot (making him better resemble a battery) and his Ultimatrix symbol was recolored green.
In Omniverse, Buzzshock has two bolts on each arm, the lightning bolt stripe is recolored green, and the top of his head is now shaped like a battery, with the top colored light green. His head is now more prominent, as his chin actually sticks out rather than being a part of a long, one-piece body, and his eyes are now almond-shaped instead of being circular. He wears the Omnitrix symbol on the top of his head.
Ken as Buzzshock
Bad Ben as Bad Buzzshock
Powers and Abilities
Buzzshock can control electricity and can inhabit electrical devices, controlling them from the inside, and in some cases powering them. However, he can also cause electrical technology to malfunction and fry when he passes through them. He can animate and possess electrical machines as a result.
Buzzshock has the capability to duplicate himself when he is severed, more specifically when he is cut in half or has enough power, as demonstrated by other Nosedeenians. However, he must first learn how and train himself in order to do it.[MW 1]
Buzzshock is durable enough to withstand being harmed by one of SevenSeven's energy blasts. His natural durability can be increased by his self-duplication, allowing him to be uninjured if he is severed (as demonstrated by other Nosedeenians), as he simply can duplicate to avoid being harmed.
Buzzshock can emit a sonic scream capable of shattering glass, as demonstrated by other Nosedeenians.
Buzzshock's power can be taken away by fire, or when he is trapped in something made of a non-conductive material, as demonstrated with other Nosedeenians.
Buzzshock can be insulated with rubber-sheeted blankets, as demonstrated with other Nosedeenians.
Despite his enhanced durability, Buzzshock can still be incapacitated by enemy attacks.
If Buzzshock runs out of energy, he will fall asleep, as demonstrated with other Nosedeenians.
Buzzshock's small size can be a disadvantage against a bigger, stronger opponent like Phil.
- In Max's Monster, Buzzshock was unlocked by Phil so he could feed off him. He then powered up a Null Void Projector to defeat Phil and send him back to the Null Void.
- In Cough It Up, Buzzshock defeated SixSix, but was defeated by SevenSeven.
- In Rook Tales, Buzzshock failed to take off Young One's tail.
- In The Color of Monkey, Buzzshock battled Suemungousaur.
- Buzzshock first appeared in Ben 10,000, where he defeated Dr. Animo.
- In Ken 10, Ken as Buzzshock attempted to fight Mot Snikrep before the latter was frozen by Ben 10,000 as Arctiguana. Later, Ken as Buzzshock briefly battled Kevin 11,000 before the former reverted.
Bad Ben's Timeline
- In And Then There Was Ben, Bad Buzzshock chased an Omnitrixless Ben Prime only to be sent back to his own timeline by No Watch Ben as Clockwork.
- Season 4
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Bad Ben
- Season 5
- Cartoon Network Action Packs
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Бъзшок||From the original English name|
|From 那个 (Nà Gè), the, and 光 (Guāng), light|
From 多 (Duō), mega, and 瓦特 (Wǎ Tè), Watt
|French||Onde de Choc||From onde de choc, shock wave|
|German||Grillschock, Blitzschock||From grillen, grilling and schock, shock/jolt|
From blitz, and schock, shock/jolt
|Greek||Βομβοσόκ||From βόμβος, buzz and σοκ, shock|
|Hungarian||Megawatt||From megawatt, megawatt|
|Italian||Buzzshock||From the original English name|
|Polish||Iskierka||From iskra, spark|
|Portuguese (Br)||Chocante||From chocante, shocking|
|Romanian||Buzzshock||From the original English name|
|Russian||Базшок||From the original English name|
Bátorex (Cough It Up)
|From the original English name|
From batería, battery
From batería, battery and atorar, stuck
|Spanish (Spain)||Megavatio||From megavatio, megawatt|
Buzzshock's name is a combination of the words "buzz" and "shock", referencing his electrical abilities.
- Buzzshock was designed by Dave Johnson in the original series.[TP 1] Buzzshock's Omniverse design originally had a more rotund physique as well as a positive (+) or negative (-) symbol on either his chest or forehead.[DJW 1]
- Despite appearing in the Ultimate Alien intro, Buzzshock was unavailable for Ben until Max's Monster.
- In Omniverse, Buzzshock speaks with an extremely high-pitched voice, similar to one an ordinary human being has after inhaling helium.
- Like Frankenstrike, Snare-oh, Murk Upchuck, and Arctiguana, Buzzshock appeared in Omniverse, but he did not appear in A New Dawn.
- Buzzshock is one of five aliens featured in Omniverse who generate green electricity; the others being Upgrade, Frankenstrike, Brainstorm, and Nanomech.