|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|Click here to see the||Alternate Timeline||Dimension 23||versions of this article|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
Being an organosillicon-based life form with segmented hardened quasi-organic polymer skin, Bloxx's body is made up of individual red, blue, and yellow building blocks that he can rearrange at will.[DJW 1]
Bloxx's default appearance looks similar to that of a gorilla made of mostly red and yellow building blocks with some blue blocks. He has black lines and studs all over his body. His feet are stubs and his hands are extremely large to balance most of his body. Bloxx wears the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
Powers and Abilities
Bloxx's shapeshifting powers allow him to transform into multiple things, such as a wall, catapult, and dome. If Bloxx's body is damaged or broken, he can easily reform the broken pieces immediately.
Bloxx can generate and form more blocks on his body at will,[DJW 1] either to grow in size, create constructs of blocks, or change himself into a larger construct.
Bloxx can willingly detach parts of his body to get out of certain situations.
Bloxx can extend his arms to great lengths on their own without creating more blocks to make them longer. This allows him to easily transfer big gaps and cover more ground when walking on his hands, as shown when he was crossing over several buildings while chasing the Screegit and caught up to it.
Bloxx can turn his hands into guns dubbed Bloxx-Lobbers and fire explosive blocks from them as projectiles. The blocks are also painful to step on, as seen when Humungousaur used them to pain Khyber as Tyrannopede into releasing him from his mouth.
Bloxx has enhanced strength, able to punch into a Dimension 12 robot and shut it down, pull rocks straight out of the ground, generate a shockwave by slamming his fists into the ground, and carry Fistrick.
Bloxx can jump exceptionally high, as he was able to leap up to a high platform where Ma Vreedle was. He also has good reflexes, as he could swiftly dodge one of her shots and punch the others with precise timing.
Bloxx also gains similar abilities to Cannonbolt when in his sphere form, such as increased speed, and being able to see where he is going when rolling around.
Because he is made of building blocks, Bloxx can survive in the vacuum of space. He is also immune to extremely high amounts of heat and radiation, as seen when falling through Earth's atmosphere.
Despite his shape-changing abilities, Bloxx can be broken when hit with enough force, but can easily rebuild himself right after.
While Bloxx is highly durable to an extent, he still feels pain, as seen when he was acting as a railway bridge to save a train. Similarly, plummeting through Earth's atmosphere caused him great discomfort, enough to make his butt feel like it was "on fire".
Bloxx's strength has a limit, as he was unable to punch through a force field surrounding a bomb.
- Bloxx first appeared in The More Things Change: Part 1, where he saved Mr. Baumann's shop from being destroyed with Rook's help.[note 1]
- In A Jolt from the Past, Bloxx defeated Fistrick's thug and Hoodlum.
- In Have I Got a Deal for You, Bloxx saved a train from falling off a bridge before battling the Screegit and contained it long enough for Professor Hokestar to revert the Screegit to its original form.
- In Many Happy Returns, Bloxx stopped a Tetramand warship from attacking his team.
- In Bros in Space, Bloxx made the process of extracting the Amber Ogia on Revonnah easier.
- In Arrested Development, 11-year-old Ben as Bloxx defeated some Dimension 12 robots.
- In Rules of Engagement, Bloxx blocked the way of Julie and Hervé so he could explain himself to the former.
- In T.G.I.S., Bloxx saved Zak from Argost.
- In Rad, Bloxx tried to catch the Gracklflint, but failed and helped Rad Dudesman make a trap for it.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Bloxx saved himself and Rook when they crashed into Milleous' ship.
- In O Mother, Where Art Thou?, Bloxx was defeated by Ma Vreedle.
- In For a Few Brains More, Bloxx took Azmuth's brain from Ultimate Albedo and was defeated by Negative Ultimate Humungousaur.
- In Rad Monster Party, Bloxx battled Viktor and Zs'Skayr.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Bloxx saved himself, Mr. Baumann, and Fistrick from crashing before trapping the latter so Rook could arrest him.
- In Rook Tales, Bloxx was defeated by Kundo.
- In Breakpoint, Bloxx saved Rook from being burnt to death in the Earth's atmosphere before he reverted.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Bloxx and Handy Man gave water to the enslaved Benwood citizens.
- In Stuck on You, Skurd gave Humungousaur the Bloxx-Lobber to fight Khyber as Tyrannopede.
- In Let's Do the Time War Again, Skurd gave Gravattack the Bloxx-Lobber to catch the Time Beast.
- In Third Time's a Charm, Skurd gave Shocksquatch the Bloxx-Lobber to battle Charmcaster.
- In Malgax Attacks, Skurd gave Whampire a pair of Bloxx-Lobbers to fight Malgax.
- In A New Dawn, Bloxx appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 1
- The More Things Change: Part 1 (first appearance; accidental transformation)
- A Jolt from the Past
- Have I Got a Deal for You (accidental transformation)
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 2
- Season 8
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Bloxx is a playable alien in the game (by 16-year-old Ben only; not on DS and 3DS)
Bloxx is a playable alien in the game (not on 3DS).
Bloxx can create a decoy of himself in order to distract his opponents.
Bloxx is a collectable figure in the Cartoon Network Arcade app. He is one of the only two collectable Classic Continuity figures, the other being Big Chill.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Блокс||From блокс, blocks|
|Chinese||积木猩||From 积木 (Jī Mù), building block, and 猩 (Xīng), gorilla|
|French||Bloxx||From the original English name|
|German||Klotz||From klotz, block|
|Hebrew||קוביות||From קוביות, blocks|
|Hungarian||Bloxx||From the original English name|
|Italian||Costruttore||From costruttore, builder|
|Polish||Bloxx||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Bloxx||From the original English name|
|Romanian||Bloxx||From the original English name|
|Russian||Блокс||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Bloxx||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Bloxx||From the original English name|
Bloxx's name is a play on the word "blocks", which alludes to what he is made out of.
- Bloxx was first revealed in a Bandai Toy Fair display for Omniverse.
- During production, Bloxx's working name was Blox.[DJW 3]
- Derrick J. Wyatt did not come up with Bloxx because the idea for the transformation had already started by the time he joined the crew.[DJW 4][DJW 5]
- Derrick, however, made notes on some existing rough concepts of Bloxx before he changed the design of his head.[DJW 6]
- From Arc 4 of Omniverse onwards, Bloxx is replaced with Astrodactyl in the opening intro of the show, particularly in the part where the former originally appeared alongside Shocksquatch, Way Big, and Crashhopper.
- Bloxx's design resembles Gutsman.exe from Mega Man Battle Network.
- The blocks that Bloxx's body is made of resemble plastic bricks of the LEGO construction toy brand. Similarly, they are exceptionally durable and painful to step on.
- Related to this, UK fans of Ben 10 won a Guinness World Record in October 2012 after 15,556 people took part in building a huge life-size LEGO statue of Bloxx. The final statue had taken around 570 hours to complete and used somewhere around 240,000 bricks. It was designed by Kevin Cooper from KC Designs.
- Arrested Development
- Have I Got a Deal for You
- Third Time's a Charm
- Rad Monster Party
- Stuck on You
- Bros in Space
- A Jolt from the Past
- Universe vs. Tennyson
- The More Things Change: Part 1
- For a Few Brains More
- O Mother, Where Art Thou?
- And Then There Were None