|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|This article is about the alien previously known as Benwolf. You might have been looking for Benwolf (Episode).|
Blitzwolfer's appearance is based on a werewolf.
In the original series, Blitzwolfer had grey fur, a long flowing mane, and a large bushy tail with three sharp claws on each hand and foot, and the inside of his mouth was green. He wore a white jumpsuit with black stripes and the original Omnitrix symbol on his lower stomach.
During the events of Benwolf, however, Ben was slowly transforming into Blitzwolfer. During the first stage, Blitzwolfer mostly resembled Ben but with bushy sideburns, sharp claws on his feet and hands, sharp teeth, longer hair, and grey skin. The original Omnitrix symbol was worn on his left arm, much like when Ben is in human form.
During the second stage, Blitzwolfer's face started to appear more wolf-like. His nose became more noticeable with light grey fur surrounding his nose and mouth, and dark grey fur on areas of his face where the light grey wasn't. His eyes also went full green and his ears became pointed and pointing upward. He also gained height and muscle, and his arms and legs resembled his fully transformed form.
During the third and final stage, Blitzwolfer resembled his fully transformed form but had Ben's clothing. By this stage, the original Omnitrix symbol had vanished from his left arm.
In Ultimate Alien, Blitzwolfer looked the same as before except his mane and tail were recolored black, he had lighter skin, and his mouth was colored white on the outside and red on the inside. He retained the same black and white jumpsuit from the original series and wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Omniverse, 16-year-old Blitzwolfer has a green suit, collar and green wristbands. He now has four claws instead of three, as well as a green tongue and a white belt. His Omnitrix symbol is located on the collar above his fur.
11-year-old Blitzwolfer in Omniverse looks almost the same as his 16-year-old self, except his suit and collar are white with black stripes and his wristbands are black.
Powers and Abilities
Blitzwolfer can emit a powerful green ultrasonic howl by opening his quadra-hinged muzzle that can either reflect incoming projectiles or propel himself upward like a rocket booster. His sonic howls are powerful enough to harm Klyntar[DJW 1] and damage Petrosapiens
Blitzwolfer has enhanced senses of smelling and hearing, giving him great tracking and detection abilities.
- Blitzwolfer first appeared in Benwolf, where the Omnitrix was scratched by the Werewolf in a way that got Ben stuck between Active and Capture Modes. Ben slowly turned into Blitzwolfer, but eventually reverted after he saved Grandpa Max and Wes from a lava flow.
- In An American Benwolf in London, Blitzwolfer battled the Forever Ninja and saved Kai from falling off of Big Ben.
- In Catfight, Blitzwolfer chased after Nyancy Chan until a fleet of Incursean and Tetramand warships appeared.
- In Secret of Dos Santos, Blitzwolfer defeated a Jungle Guardian with Skurd's help and accidentally found the Temple of the Sky in the process.
- In A New Dawn, Blitzwolfer appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 3
- Benwolf (first appearance)
- Season 5
- An American Benwolf in London (first reappearance; accidental transformation)
- Season 6
- Season 8
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Benujku||From Ben and ujku, wolf|
|Arabic||شبيه الذئب (Shabih Al Thi'b)||"Similar to the wolf"|
Блицуолфър || From Бен (Ben) and вълк (vŭlk), wolf From the original English name
|Chinese||啸天狼||From 啸天 (Xiào Tiān)，roar, and 狼 (Láng)，wolf|
|Croatian||Dlakovuk||From Vukodlak, werewolf|
|French||Loup-garousaure||From loup-garou, werewolf, and the suffix -saure, -saur|
|German||Blitzwolfer||From the original name|
|Greek||Αιφνιδιαστικός Λύκος||From αιφνιδιαστικός, blitz, and λύκος, wolf|
|Hebrew||איש זאב||From איש זאב werewolf|
| From Ben, and farkas, wolf|
From villám, thunder and farkas, wolf
|Italian||Blitzwolfer||From the original name|
|Korean||벤울프||From 벤울프, Benwolf|
| From Ben and wilk, wolf|
From szybki, fast, and Wilkołak, werewolf
|Portuguese (Br)|| Lobisben|
| From lobisomem, werewolf, and Ben|
From the original name
blitz varcolacul || From Ben and varcolac, werewolf from blitz, blitz and vârcolacul, wolfer
| From Ben and волк, wolf|
From the original name
|Spanish (HA)|| Loboben|
Lobosdepal (Fight at the Museum)
| From Lobo, wolf and Ben|
From Ben and lobo, wolf
From the original name
|Spanish (Spain)||Loboben||From Lobo, wolf, and Ben|
|Swedish||Ben-ulv||From Ben and ulv, wolf|
|Turkish||Ben Kurt||From Ben and Kurt, wolf|
His placeholder name, Benwolf, is a combination of the words "Ben" and "wolf".
"Blitzwolfer" is also a reference to both his werewolf-like form and his sonic howl's capability to blitz through its targets.
- Ben originally called his Loboan form "Benwolf" because he thought the transformation was permanent.
- There is a common misconception that the Werewolf was the DNA source for Bltizwolfer, but this is not true, as Loboan DNA was already present in the Omnitrix and Ben just misunderstood what the device was doing when it "sampled" the Werewolf's DNA.[DM 1]
- In the original series, Blitzwolfer's tongue retracted and stowed itself away when his muzzle split.[TP 1] This is changed in Omniverse, as his tongue stays in place and is split in half.
- Nyancy Chan and her cats are afraid of Blitzwolfer.
- Kai is fond of Blitzwolfer and thinks he is cute in a pet-like way.
- Blitzwolfer's Omniverse appearance was designed by Steven Choi.[DJW 3]
- From Arc 4 of Omniverse onwards, 16-year-old Blitzwolfer replaces Humungousaur in the opening intro of the show, particularly in the part where the latter used to appear alongside Echo Echo, Bloxx, Shocksquatch, NRG, Crashhopper, Gravattack, and 16-year-old Ben at the end.
- In a former FusionFall Halloween event, Dracula sold the outfits of Blitzwolfer along with the rest of the Halloween trio.