|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|This article is about the alien previously known as Benwolf. You might have been looking for Benwolf (Episode).|
While Ben was transforming into Blitzwolfer for the first time, his first stage of transformation resembled Ben. He had bushy sideburns, sharp claws on his feet and hands, sharp teeth, longer hair, and grey skin. He started out with the Omnitrix on his left arm, which disappeared by the final stage of transforming.
In Ben's second stage of transformation into Blitzwolfer, his face started to appear more wolf-like. His nose became more noticeable with light grey fur surrounding his nose and mouth, and dark grey fur on areas of his face where the light grey wasn't. His eyes also went full green and his ears became pointed and pointing upward. He also gained height and muscle, and his arms and legs resembled his fully transformed form.
In the third and final stage of transformation, he resembled his fully transformed form but had Ben's clothing and no Omnitrix on his left arm.
Blitzwolfer's appearance is based on a werewolf. He had grey fur, a long flowing mane, and a large bushy tail with three sharp claws on each hand and foot, and the inside of his mouth was green. Blitzwolfer wore a white jumpsuit with black stripes and the Omnitrix symbol on his lower stomach in the original series.
In Ultimate Alien, Blitzwolfer's mane and tail were black. He had lighter skin and he retained the same clothing from the original series. His mouth was white and red inside, and he wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Omniverse, Blitzwolfer has a green suit, collar and green wristbands. He now has four claws instead of three, as well as a green tongue and a white belt. His Omnitrix symbol is located on the collar above his fur.
11-year-old Blitzwolfer in Omniverse looks almost the same as his 16-year-old self except his suit and collar are white with black stripes and his wristbands are black.
Powers and Abilities
Blitzwolfer can emit a powerful green ultrasonic howl by opening his quadra-hinged muzzle. This can either cause considerable damage to his targets, reflect incoming projectiles, or propel himself upward like a rocket booster.
Blitzwolfer has enhanced senses of smelling and hearing.
Blitzwolfer is highly agile, as he is able to jump exceptionally high and run very fast.
Blitzwolfer has extraordinary night vision, much like a real wolf.
Blitzwolfer also has formidable claws and fangs. Additionally, the claws on his feet are prehensile, much like Kickin Hawk.
Like most Earth canines, he can't handle loud noises, like that of giant bells, because of his sensitive hearing.
- Blitzwolfer first appeared in Benwolf, where the Omnitrix was scratched by the Werewolf, getting stuck between Active Mode and Capture Mode. Over the course of the episode, Ben slowly turns into Blitzwolfer. He eventually turned back to due to the time-out after he saved Grandpa Max and Wes from a lava flow.
- In An American Benwolf in London, Blitzwolfer battled the Forever Ninja and saved Kai from falling off of Big Ben.
- In Catfight, Blitzwolfer failed to catch Nyancy Chan.
- In Secret of Dos Santos, Blitzwolfer defeated a Jungle Guardian.
- In A New Dawn, Blitzwolfer appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 3
- Benwolf (first appearance)
- Season 5
- An American Benwolf in London (first reappearance)
- Season 6
- Season 8
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Benujku||From Ben and ujku, wolf|
|Arabic||شبيه الذئب (Shabih Al Thi'b)||"Similar to the wolf"|
Блицуолфър || From Бен (Ben) and вълк (vŭlk), wolf From the original English name
|Chinese||啸天狼||From 啸天 (Xiào Tiān)，roar, and 狼 (Láng)，wolf|
|Croatian||Dlakovuk||From Vukodlak, werewolf|
|French||Loup-garousaure||From loup-garou, werewolf, and the suffix -saure, -saur|
|German||Blitzwolfer||From the original name|
|Greek||Αιφνιδιαστικός Λύκος||From αιφνιδιαστικός, blitz, and λύκος, wolf|
|Hebrew||איש זאב||From איש זאב werewolf|
| From Ben, and farkas, wolf|
From villám, thunder and farkas, wolf
|Italian||Blitzwolfer||From the original name|
|Korean||벤울프||From 벤울프, Benwolf|
| From Ben and wilk, wolf|
From szybki, fast, and Wilkołak, werewolf
|Portuguese (Br)|| Lobisben|
| From lobisomem, werewolf, and Ben|
From the original name
blitz varcolacul || From Ben and varcolac, werewolf from blitz, blitz and vârcolacul, wolfer
| From Ben and волк, wolf|
From the original name
|Spanish (HA)|| Loboben|
Lobosdepal (Fight at the Museum)
| From Lobo, wolf and Ben|
From Ben and lobo, wolf
From the original name
|Spanish (Spain)||Loboben||From Lobo, wolf, and Ben|
|Swedish||Ben-ulv||From Ben and ulv, wolf|
|Turkish||Ben Kurt||From bağıran and Kurt, wolf|
His placeholder name, Benwolf, is a combination of "Ben" and "wolf".
Blitzwolfer is a rearrangement of the CNN newscaster Wolf Blitzer's name. Ben renamed Benwolf to Blitzwolfer after briefly seeing Wolf Blitzer on television. It is also a reference to his werewolf-like form, and his sonic howl's capability to blitz through its targets.
- Blitzwolfer is one of the four aliens whose working name had Ben's name in it; the other three being Snare-oh, Frankenstrike, and Nanomech.
- There is a common misconception that the Werewolf was the DNA source for Bltizwolfer, but this is not true, as Loboan DNA was already present in the Omnitrix and Ben just misunderstood what the device was doing when it "sampled" the Werewolf's DNA.[DM 1]
- Nyancy Chan and her cats are afraid of Blitzwolfer.
- Kai is fond of Blitzwolfer and thinks he is cute in a pet-like way.
- Blitzwolfer's Omniverse appearance was designed by Steven Choi.[DJW 1]
- 11-year-old Blitzwolfer replaces Rath in the opening intro in Omniverse's Arc 5. In the same intro, he also replaces Four Arms (in the part alongside Eye Guy, Ripjaws, and Snare-oh).
- In a former FusionFall Halloween event, Dracula sold the outfits of Blitzwolfer along with the rest of the Halloween trio.