|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Benevelon is a villain who appeared in Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51.
Benevelon has grey skin with black hair. He has sharper ears and a pair of antennae.
Benevelon wears a white costume and black gloves. He has an emblem of a planet with two rings forming an "x" on his chest.
Benevelon only appeared in Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51. According to himself, his goals are to "bring peace," and for this he uses a robot, B.L.R.R.T., to destroy worlds. He attacked Area 51, where young Max Tennyson and young Blukic and Driba were, but escapes.
Luhley says they need a device, the Galvanian Skeuomorph, to destroy the B.L.R.R.T. He attacks Area 51 again many decades later, and mentions Azmuth as his "old foe". Four Arms manages to stop him by throwing the Galvanian Skeuomorph to B.L.R.R.T., destroying it and over 40 aircraft. Benevelon ends up imprisoned by SECT.
Powers and Abilities
Benevelon has the ability to create force fields and teleport.
Benevelon is equipped with laser guns.
Benevelon had control over a robot called B.L.R.R.T., which was so powerful that it was only able to be destroyed with a Galvanian Skeuomorph.
- Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51 (first appearance)
His name is a play on "benevolent" which means to have good morals and a peaceful nature. His contradictory name and behavior are also a nod to the various characters in B-movie films claiming they want to help humanity some way, but through threats or actual conquests, enslavement, mind control, and extermination.
- Benevelon closely resembles several aliens from B-movies from the 50's and 60's such as the ones from Killers from Space and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
- The tint of his skin and costume also resembles those films.
- His high forehead and the shape of his antennas, particularly the suction-cup like tips, strongly resembles the Andorian race from the Star Trek franchise.
- His relation to B.L.R.R.T. may be a reference to the relationship between Klaatu and G.O.R.T. from The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- Benevelon's concept of peace is peace through the elimination of differences.[DJW 2]