|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie is a movie that aired on Cartoon Network on October 10, 2020 and was digitally released the next day. It was later released on DVD on October 27.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Noteworthy Events
- 4 Characters
- 5 Aliens Used
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Cast
- 8 Music Used
- 9 Transcript
- 10 Errors
- 11 Allusions
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Video Gallery
- 14 References
When a blast from Ben's past - Vilgax - returns to do double the damage on Team Tennyson and planet Earth itself, Ben must go interstellar to save the day while Gwen and Grandpa Max team-up with Kevin to protect the world in Ben's absence, but when our boy hero is confused for the villain in space, Ben is forced to defend himself in the trial of a century!
After foiling Steam Smythe's plan to destroy a telephone industry as Heatblast, Ben feels like everything he does is getting repetitive and feels like there's no one left to give him a challenge. When Gwen and Grandpa Max start encouraging Ben to not let his guard down when there are new threats coming, they suddenly get a call from Phil and they quickly travel to his house.
After getting to his house and entering his secret lab in his garage, Phil shows them a meteor heading towards Earth and threatening to destroy all life on the planet. Left with no other options, Ben decides to destroy the meteor with one of his aliens but before he could do that, Phil tells Ben that the key that was used to unlock the Omni-Kix Armors was actually in reverse and turning it into its proper lock could unlock the other secret upgrades of the Omnitrix. After putting the key back in its proper space with the Omnitrix and doing a couple of space tests using Four Arms, Ben is ready to fly into space and crush that meteor. At the road Ben turns into Jetray before twisting his Omnitrix, becoming Omni-Kix Jetray. When the Omnitrix starts beeping (which Omni-Kix Jetray points out has never happened before), Phil suggests he turns the Omnitrix a second time. Omni-Kix Jetray then transforms into Omni-Naut Jetray.
After successfully using the Omni-Naut Armor, Omni-Naut Jetray flies into outer space while Gwen, Grandpa Max and Phil monitor Ben while also feeling worried sick as he tries to stop the meteor. However, Omni-Naut Jetray ends up flying into a portal against his will while the meteor continues heading towards Earth. As the Tennysons and Phil moan over Ben's disappearance, the meteor suddenly disappears. At the impact site, the meteor is revealed to be a pod and out of its opening door comes Vilgax. After exiting the portal, Omni-Naut Jetray finds himself stranded in space. When the Omnitrix times out, it gives Ben a space suit to help him survive in the depths of space. He is then abducted by a team of Incurseans lead by Major Glorff, who think he is Vilgax. Ben tries to escape the Incurseans using Humungousaur, but resorts to turning into Omni-Naut Humungousaur. When he times just as he is about to burst his way out of the Incurseans' ship, they arrest Ben before teleporting their ship way to have Ben face justice against the entire universe.
Meanwhile on Earth, the Tennysons and Phil tries to find Ben but instead they find Kevin, who is hiding in a cave because his Omnitrix (which he refers to as the Antitrix) is malfunctioning just like Ben's Omnitrix did. When Gwen and Max convince him they could help him with the Antitrix, Kevin agrees. Elsewhere, the police hear about a jaywalker in a nearby city which is later revealed to be Vilgax who is looking for something that belongs to him and destroying anything that gets in his way.
Back in space, Ben tries to convince everyone in the court including Milleous that he is not Vilgax to no avail. Tetrax is summoned to the Incurseans' mothership and uses footage of Gax as evidence Ben is Vilgax in disguise. After a failed attempt at escaping the court as Slapback, Ben is banished to the Null Void, where he encounters an Opticoid aware of both him and the Omnitrix, who reveals that Vilgax escaped the Null Void to exact his revenge against Ben. Battling the Opticoid and other assorted inmates (consisting of a Vulpimancer, a Loboan, an Ectonurite, and a Piscciss Volann) using Diamondhead, Cannonbolt, and Four Arms, the inmates are only stopped by Azmuth. After Azmuth defeats both Four Arms and Omni-Naut Heatblast, he telepathically removes the Omnitrix from Ben's wrist. Azmuth accidentally spills his history with Vilgax and begrudgingly tells his story to Ben:
When he was a young inventor, Azmuth did not care about the consequences he made. During this period, he secretly made the Omnitrix as a way of allowing the user to feel what it's like to be in another species' shoes, using it as a symbol for peace around the universe. He later met a young Chimeran named Vilgax, who wanted to learn more about his work. Azmuth decided to teach him as an apprentice while also learning the possibilities of science. But Vilgax became power hungry and wanted to use the Omnitrix's power to control the universe.
In desperation, Azmuth used the watch's power to trap half of Vilgax's DNA to save the universe but was exiled to the Null Void for his involvement in Vilgax's reign of terror. After finishing his story, Ben tries to convince Azmuth to give him his watch back so he can save his planet but still refuses to do so until Ben tells him he is willing to rescue his planet even without the Omnitrix. This speech makes Azmuth slightly interested and agrees to give it back to him as long as he pass one trial first, which Ben accepts.
Meanwhile on Earth, Kevin defeats Solar and Polar Twain using Dark Matter is prevented from killing the Twain brother when Gwen intervenes. Vilgax then arrives, with Kevin remembering him from the dream that inspired him to create the Antitrix. Vilgax reveals he manipulated Kevin into making the device and demands Kevin to give him the Antitrix, but he refuses and fights him as Quad Smack before switching into Bashmouth when that does not work out.
Meanwhile in the Null Void, Azmuth reveals his trial to Ben: he must get pass through an area with traps before the timer on his Omnitrix times up. Ben goes through all of his aliens but none of them work. Confused on what to do, Azmuth gives Ben a hint: the reason he cannot pass the test is because he is letting the Omnitrix dictate his actions. The Ectonurite and Piscciss Volann prisoners from before suddenly ambush Ben and he battles them as Rath. When a portal suddenly opens up, the Ectonurite flees, abandoning the Piscciss Volann to his fate. Ben pulls the Omnitrix dial up and inserts a code that allows him to transform into a Polymorph named Goop. Goop swoops in to rescue the Piscciss Volann and uses his Anti-Gravity Projector to increased its gravitational pull, pulling both of them away from the portal. Goop then tries to reach the end of the tunnel with the Piscciss Volann in tow before timing out.
Ben laments that he was unable to pass the trial and cannot save his family without the Omnitrix. To his surprise, Azmuth proves him otherwise as he saw that Ben put himself on the line to save the Piscciss Volann. This act of heroism has convinced Azmuth to allow Ben to continue using the Omnitrix a little longer. Azmuth activates a device that spawns a portal and instructs Ben to supercharge the Galvan-sized portal. Ben turns into Shock Rock and then into Omni-Naut Shock Rock to supercharge the portal before asking Azmuth why did not use his device to escape the Null Void. Answering that he deserved to be exiled after everything he has done, Azmuth was moved by Omni-Naut Shock Rock when he says that some people can change before leaving. Escaping the Null Void, Omni-Naut Shock Rock sees the Incurseans' ship at the mercy of a huge Null Void portal. By witnessing Omni-Naut Shock Rock save their lives, the Incurseans discover that Tetrax had lied to them about Ben being Vilgax but find him missing. Omni-Naut Shock Rock passes out after saving the ship.
Back on Earth, Kevin seems to be winning as Bootleg but later loses his watch to Vilgax. With the Antitrix in his possession, Vilgax uses it to become AntiVilgax, a hybrid of himself and all of Kevin's aliens. As the Tennysons, Kevin, and Phil tries to escape, they are later stopped by AntiVilgax, who attempts to kill them. Kevin tries to use Glitch to stop him only for his Rustbuggy form to be destroyed. Glitch turns into a battle suit and merges with Kevin to continue fighting AntiVilgax. Growing tired of the setbacks, AntiVilgax uses his Galvanic Mechamorph powers to terraform Earth.
Awakening aboard the Incusrean ship, Ben accepts Milleous' apology and requests the Incurseans' help in returning to Earth. When Major Glorff brings news of Tetrax's escape, Ben searches the ship using XLR8 to no avail. Ben eventually overhears Tetrax interacting with his client and finds him preparing to leave for Petropia via an escape pod. Ben ultimately defeats Tetrax as Diamondhead and questions why he lied in galactic court. When Tetrax answers that he was hired by Azmuth to bring Ben to the Null Void so he could reclaim the Omnitrix, Diamondhead willingly lets him leave the Incursean ship. Telling Milleous that Tetrax escaped, Ben prepares to be sent to Earth only for an asteroid belt to complicate matters. After saving the Incurseans, Omni-Naut Heatblast flies into the Incurseans' portal with intentions of bringing Vilgax to justice.
After arriving on Earth, Ben is warmly greeted by Gwen but is left confused at the sight of Kevin wearing Glitch as armor and AntiVilgax. Turning into Four Arms and then Omni-Kix Four Arms, Ben joins Kevin and Glitch in fighting AntiVilgax, who manages to defeat all of them and take the Omni-Kix Key from Ben. Reverting to normal, Vilgax prepares to insert the Omni-Kix Key into the Antitrix when Kevin manages to reclaim both devices. Unfortunately, he did so a bit too late, as Vilgax has mutated himself with Celestialsapien DNA and assumed a form called Alien V.
Shortly after terraforming Earth again, Alien V is attacked by Bashmouth before he switches into Crystalfist. Crystalfist is spared from falling to his death by Omni-Naut Humungousaur, and the pair combine attacks towards Alien V to no avail. Crystalfist is knocked over the horizon while Omni-Naut Humungousaur is downed when his jetpack takes damage. With even Phil unsure of what to do, Azmuth contacts Ben and reminds him of his training from the Null Void. Ben requests a little room for his next move. In Earth's orbit, Milleous commends Azmuth for his earlier help in repairing the Incursean ship yet is appalled at the sight of a planet so far gone. Azmuth, however, thinks things will be different compared to Vilgax's previous reign of terror.
Once Gwen, Max, and Phil gets as far away from Ben, Ben pulls the Omnitrix dial up and inserts a code that allows him to transform into a To'kustar named Way Big. Way Big then heads off to fight Alien V, discovering his red metallic armor can deflect Alien V's optic lasers and that he can fire green cosmic rays by crossing his arms in an "X" shape. Way Big is able to knock out Alien V using a well-aimed cosmic ray blast before reverting. Azmuth removes the Omnitrix from Ben so he can absorb the Celestialsapien DNA from Alien V, turning him back into Vilgax, before returning the device to Ben. Once Azmuth boards the Incursean ship, Vilgax is pulled up by a tractor beam and taken to galactic custody. Ben and Gwen look for Kevin, though he has vanished during the fight and Gwen thinks that he will show up again eventually. Once the cousins board the Rustbucket, Phil states that he can rebuild Glitch from the destroyed armor before Team Tennyson drives off to Nebraska.
- Ben acquires the Omni-Naut Armors and journeys into space, encountering various aliens he has never seen before.
- Vilgax escapes the Null Void and uses his Antitrix and the Omni-Kix Key to enhance himself to cosmic levels. However, he is eventually arrested and taken into galactic custody.
- Ben goes to the Null Void, meets Azmuth, and learns of both the Omnitrix's origins and Vilgax's connections to it.
- Glitch is destroyed by Vilgax, though Phil recovers his remains with the intention of rebuilding him.
- Azmuth shows Ben how to get access to every single alien transformation in the Omnitrix so far, except Upgrade and Gax due to them being destroyed and removed during the events of Omni-Tricked.
- It is revealed that Vilgax was the one who sent Kevin the blueprints to create the Antitrix between Innervasion Part 5: High Override and This One Goes to 11.
- It is revealed that Ben inserted the Omni-Kix Key the wrong way during Summer Breakers.
- Kevin interacts with Vilgax face-to-face, and wears a Combat Suit that Glitch originally prepared for Ben.
- Ben learns the species names for Humungousaur (Vaxasaurian) from an Incursean; Diamondhead (Petrosapien) from Milleous; the Ectonurite Prisoner (Ectonurite) from Azmuth; and Grey Matter (Galvan) from Tetrax.
- Similarly, Kevin learns the species name for Glitch (Galvanic Mechamorph) from Vilgax.
- Gwen shows signs of having a crush on Kevin.
- Kevin interacts with Solar and Polar Twain for the first time.
- Azmuth is revealed to be Tetrax's employer, having hired the latter to lure Ben into the Null Void to reclaim the Omnitrix.
- Azmuth (series proper)
- Ectonurite Prisoner
- Opticoid Prisoner
- Piscciss Volann Prisoner
- Loboan Prisoner
- Vulpimancer Prisoner
Omnitrix Alien Debuts
- Omni-Kix Jetray
- Omni-Naut Jetray
- Omni-Naut Humungousaur
- Omni-Naut Heatblast
- Omni-Naut Shock Rock
- Way Big
Antitrix Alien Debuts
- Ben Tennyson
- Gwen Tennyson
- Max Tennyson
- Phil Billings
- Kevin Levin
- Ickthyperambuloids (first appearance)
- Incurseans (first appearance)
- Tetrax Shard
- Piscciss Volann Prisoner (first appearance)
- Ectonurite Prisoner (first appearance)
- Opticoid Prisoner (first appearance)
- Loboan Prisoner (first appearance)
- Vulpimancer Prisoner (first appearance)
- Steam Smythe
- Solar Twain
- Polar Twain
- Dr. Animo (cameo; fights with Four Arms)
- Zombozo (cameo; fights with Heatblast)
- LaGrange (cameo; fights with XLR8)
- Lord Decibel (cameo; fights with Diamondhead)
- Billy Billions (cameo; fights with Cannonbolt)
- Kraab (cameo; fights with Shock Rock)
- Sydney (cameo; fights with Slapback)
- Tim Buktu (cameo; fights with Rath)
- The Clocktopus (cameo; fights with Humungousaur)
- Hex (cameo; fights with Jetray)
- Heatblast (x3; second time goes Omni-Kix; third time goes Omni-Naut)
- Cannonbolt (x2; first time daydream)
- Four Arms (x3; third time goes Omni-Kix)
- Jetray (x2; first time goes Omni-Kix)
- Humungousaur (x3; goes Omni-Naut)
- Omni-Naut Humungousaur (x3; first appearance)
- Gax (video footage)
- Diamondhead (x2; first time cameo)
- Rath (x2)
- Goop (first appearance)
- Shock Rock (goes Omni-Naut)
- Omni-Naut Shock Rock (first appearance)
- Way Big (first appearance)
- Wreckingbolt (x3; cameo)
- Hot Shot (x2; cameo)
- Rush (x2; cameo)
- Dark Matter (x2; first time cameo)
- Bashmouth (x4; 2 times are cameos)
- Thornblade (cameo)
- Undertow (x2; cameo)
- Quad Smack
- Little guy & the Universal Expanse (heard when Azmuth explained his origin story)
- K & V Face Off (played after Glitch threw Kevin out of the Rustbucket, and when Glitch gave Kevin armor. Later heard towards the end when Kevin goes to get his Antitrix back.)
- A New Alien is Born (Way Big transformation music)
- Taking down the Villain (heard briefly before Way Big defeats Alien V)
Click here for the transcript of Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie.
- During Omni-Naut Heatblast's transformation sequence, the titular alien does not actually appear in the transformation.
- While Omni-Naut Jetray is flying through space and wondering if he can turn back time, his tail briefly disappears.
- When Ben transforms into Humungousaur, his Omnitrix is with its season 3 version instead of its current.
- When the Vulpimancer pounced at Jetray, for a split second Jetray's stripe colors swapped.
- The Opticoid Prisoner's shadow is seen moving his head to the Ectonurite Prisoner's voice lines instead of the Ectonurite Prisoner himself.
- During Azmuth's flashback, in the scene where he is facing Vilgax, he had green eyes, but in the last panel, he had orange eyes.
- When Vilgax removes the Omni-Kix Key, the Omnitrix dial resembles its depiction in season 3.
- Glitch calls refers to his species as "Galvan Mechamorph" instead of "Galvanic Mechamorph".
- During the credits, the Null Void prisoners are credited by the names of Classic Continuity aliens they are either modeled after or share the same species as:
- The title of the movie is similar to that of the Omniverse episode Universe vs. Tennyson. The subplot of Ben being in a universal trial is also similar to the plot of the episode.
- This movie shares many similarities with Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix:
- Both movies have Ben going into space, meeting Azmuth for the first time, and battling Vilgax using Way Big.
- Both movies are released during the fourth season of their respective shows, and feature Vilgax returning after being imprisoned in the Null Void at the end of the second season.
- In the beginning, both movies have Gwen and Grandpa Max was captured by villians in the respective movies.
- Vilgax being Azmuth's former assistant is similar to how Azmuth in the original continuity has a Chimera Sui Generis for an assistant.
- Both of these revelations were revealed in their respective first movies.
- The Incursean Ship is modeled after the Edge of the Galaxy Incarcecon introduced in Secret of the Omnitrix.
- When the Opticoid Prisoner warns the Ectonurite Prisoner that attempting to possess the Omnitrix will result in him being trapped inside it, it is a nod to how Zs'Skayr from the Classic Continuity was trapped inside the original Omnitrix until Ghostfreaked Out.
- Ben calls the Ectonurite Prisoner "Grossfreak", a similarly-sounding name to Ghostfreak.
- The Antitrix constantly turning Kevin into different aliens due to Vilgax tracking its energy signal is similar to the events in Omni-Tricked: Part 3.
- Additionally, when Vilgax removes the Antitrix from Kevin as Bootleg, forcing the latter back into human form, the animation is slightly similar to how Vilgax removed Gax from the Omnitrix in the same episode.
- Milleous brake the fourth wall by stating "One way or another, we'll find him. If not now, then perhaps in the next reboot", followed by a wink.
- Vilgax's quote "It's only fitting you witness the unleashing of the ultimate alien!" is a reference to Ben 10: Ultimate Alien.
- The camera angle used when Ben receives the Omnitrix in the Null Void is a homage to Ben receiving the Omnitrix in the first episode of the original series.
- The lightning that appears behind Way Big is a reference to his Classic Continuity counterpart's Alien Force debut in the episode War of the Worlds: Part 1.
- Way Big's fight with Alien V resembles the climax of the Alien Force episode Primus due to Alien V resembling a giant version of Vilgax.
- Azmuth talking to Ben about sacrifice somewhat mirrors what his Classic Continuity counterpart said in The Ultimate Sacrifice.
- In Azmuth's flashback, Vilgax was seen with a mouth respirator over his mouth, similar to his Classic Continuity counterpart after being mortally wounded.
- AntiVilgax is seen with a similar mouth respirator.
- This is the first movie set in the Reboot Continuity.
- This movie is the the season 4 finale of the reboot.
- This movie aired on October 10th at 10AM in mostly every country as a play on the number 10, which is part of the series title.
- A completely new intro was made for the movie, which shown all 10 of Ben's aliens fighting Dr. Animo, Zombozo, LaGrange, Lord Decibel, Billy Billions, Kraab, Sydney, Tim Buktu, the Clocktopus, and Hex.
- When Omni-Naut Jetray exits the wormhole, he passes a planet that appears to be Petropia. Similarly, when the Incursean Ship first appears, a planet resembling Cascareau is seen in the background.
- While AntiVilgax was chasing the Rustbucket, they pass by a sign that says "NOW ENTERING (TOWN WHERE PHIL LIVES)".
- Chimerian Hammer warships can be seen in Azmuth's flashback. Most of the ships are piloted by opportunists who saw it in their best interest to side with a warlord.[DR 1]
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe was first announced on February 19, 2020 on Cartoon Network's Twitter page.[CN 1]
- Similar to other recent Cartoon Network original movies beginning with We Bare Bears: The Movie, this movie had limited commercials during its premiere.
- Duncan Rouleau previously confirmed that Vilgax would return for Season 4 on October 26, 2019,[DR 2] several months before the movie was officially announced.
- The movie's trailer made its TV debut September 7th, during the television premiere of We Bare Bears: The Movie.
- A sneak peak of the film first aired following the premiere of The Hex Factor.
- This movie includes the 400th episode of the franchise.
- The movie premiered in Spain on October 2, 2020 by Movistar+, earlier than in the rest of the world.
- This movie is the longest Ben 10 movie being 72 minutes long.
|Ben 10 Movies|
Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie