|This article is about the series. You might have been looking for Ben 10: Omniverse (Video Game), or Ben 10 Omniverse: Rise of Heroes.|
|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben 10: Omniverse is the fourth iteration of the Ben 10 franchise. It is also the sequel to Ben 10: Ultimate Alien.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Characters
- 2.1 Allies
- 2.1.1 Main Characters
- 2.1.2 Secondary Characters
- 2.1.3 Other Plumbers
- 2.1.4 Rook's Family
- 2.1.5 Other Galvans
- 2.1.6 Kinecelerans
- 2.1.7 Tetramands
- 2.1.8 Atrocians
- 2.1.9 Friedkin University
- 2.1.10 Future
- 2.1.11 Dimension 23
- 2.1.12 No Watch Timeline
- 2.1.13 Gweniverse
- 2.1.14 Mad Ben's World
- 2.1.15 Others
- 2.1.16 Secret Saturdays
- 2.2 Villains
- 2.3 Aliens
- 2.1 Allies
- 3 Vehicles
- 4 Video Games
- 5 Opening
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
Ben was all set to be a solo hero with his new Omnitrix after Gwen and Kevin left for college, but Grandpa Max teamed him up with a rookie, by-the-book partner. Together they explore a secret alien city, known as Undertown beneath the city of Bellwood. Meanwhile, a mysterious hunter, known as Khyber, sets his sights on Ben! With all new alien heroes to choose from, the fun is just getting started. It's a whole new Omniverse!
- DX Mark 10
- Kevin's Car (Original)
- Kevin's New Car
- Rust Bucket
- Plumber Tank
- Plumber Ship
- Rust Bucket 3
- Time Cycles
He's a kid and he wants to have fun
But when you need a superhero, he gets the job done!
With the device that he wears on his arm, he can change his shape and save the world from harm!
When trouble's taking place, he gets right in its face!
When lives are on the line, it's hero time!
- In opening 1, 11-year-old Wildmutt has two Omnitrix symbols. In opening 2, the wrong Omnitrix symbol disappears, but the wrong brace remains.
- In opening 1 and 2, 11-year-old Ripjaws has his 16-year old appearance except it lacks the belt.
- In opening 2 and 3, 11-year-old Snare-oh has his 16-year-old appearance.
- In opening 3, NRG's foot is under Crashhopper's.
- In opening 3, 11-year-old Eye Guy has a green belt and lacks an Omnitrix symbol.
- Omniverse had the most seasons out of every Ben 10 show that has aired so far, with a total of 8 compared to the 3 or 4 of the others.
- Dwayne McDuffie and Glen Murakami had some thoughts about Omniverse when the crew sat down to plan the end of Ultimate Alien in September 2010. Dwayne had several pages generated in December 2010, but the real shape of the show came in April to May 2011.[MW 1]
- The flashbacks happened during weekend trips.[DJW 3]
- Omniverse was hand drawn for the most part, with digital color. Some more complicated elements like the vehicles were animated using CGI.[DJW 4]
- Omniverse was trying to do more anime-styled over-the-top action. Derrick J. Wyatt pushed the design team to get the most possible in the time they had.[DJW 5]
- One of the crew's mandates from Cartoon Network was to change the look and tone of the series as much as they could in the short time they were given for development.[DJW 6]
- The tone of Omniverse being closer to that of the original series was an executive mandate due to the fact that, globally, the original series apparently does the best ratings-wise.[DJW 7]
- Prior to the series premiere, Omniverse was only set to run for four seasons.[DJW 8] It was later renewed for two more seasons twice, bringing the total number of seasons to six[DJW 9] and then eight.[DJW 10]
- It took about six months to complete one episode of Omniverse.[DJW 12] Multiple directors worked on separate episodes at the same time, and they were staggered so a new episode could be started every week. However, the design team could only work on episode at a time. Omniverse's animation studios, Rough Draft Studios and Sunmin Animation, were in Korea. Animation was done overseas at the same time that pre-production and eventually post-production was done in the States.[DJW 13]
- The matter of deciding which alien to use in which episode depended on which alien the crew thought of or were in the mood for at the time. However, there were also other factors such as who was in the voice cast of the episode or what kind of powers were needed for a specific story point.[DJW 14]
- After a certain point in the series, the network told the crew to stop adding more Omnitrix aliens, thinking that there were already too many featured in the show.[DJW 15] Had the network not intervened, the crew could have probably added a handful of more Omnitrix aliens[DJW 16] including Jetray, Fasttrack, Chamalien, and Spitter.
- However, there were a few aliens the crew did not consider incorporating into the series, namely Shellhead, Snakepit, and Sandbox.[DJW 17]
- An ideal crossover with Omniverse that Derrick would have in mind would be with the 2011 Thundercats animated series.[DJW 18]
- An earlier version of the Omniverse logo had a different font, and the "v" in the word had what looked to be the Omnitrix's interface at the bottom of it.[AC 1]
- In the same promo, it is briefly shown on a poster that Ben's flashbacks were originally going to take place when he was 10, not 11.
- During the early development of this show, it was decided from the get-go that 11-year-old Ben's aliens would all have green Omnitrix symbols.[DJW 19]
- New sound effects were added to the opening starting with Ben Again. These include the Omnitrix's activation sound and Upchuck, Crashhopper, and Rath's sounds.
- The opening changed in Evil's Encore for Arc 4, Something Zombozo This Way Comes for Arc 5 (Galactic Monsters) and in Clyde Five, the opening was focused on Clyde Fife.
- The opening gets an electric note in the background during the song, starting with Rook Tales.
- In the UK, the opening is different than the USA one.
- The 11-year-old versions of Grey Matter, Ripjaws, and Blitzwolfer, who have solely appeared in the intros, were not necessarily planned to appear in the series proper.[DJW 20]
- File:Rocks and Squidstrictor Canon.png
- File:OV Hand Drawn.png
- File:OV Tone Executive Mandate.png
- link unavailable
- File:OV Initially Four Seasons.PNG
- File:OV Renewed For Season 6.PNG
- File:OV Renewed For Season 8.PNG
- File:OV Episode Production Duration.PNG
- File:OV Production.PNG
- File:OV Episode Alien Usage.png
- File:OV Crew Stopped Adding More Aliens.png
- File:A Handful of Aliens Would Have Appeared in OV.png
- File:Future Aliens Not Considered For OV.png
- File:Derrick's Idea OV Crossover.png
- File:OV Young Ben Omnitrix Symbol Color.png
- File:OV Young Ben Aliens From Intro.png
|Ben 10 TV Series|
|Ben 10||Ben 10: Alien Force||Ben 10: Ultimate Alien||Ben 10: Omniverse||Ben 10|