|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
Ben 10,010 is a movie-length special of Ben 10.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Noteworthy Events
- 4 Characters
- 5 Aliens Used
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Cast
- 8 Allusions
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
In a distant future, where Gwen is President of the United States, the earth is under attack by an alien horde. Gwen leads the resistance against the threat. Ben, on the other hand, has been out of touch with his family for a long time. After being persuaded to come out of retirement, the grown-up Ben returns to the past to ask young Ben for help. Only together can they repel an attack that threatens the future.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding information.|
The special opens with an alien race named the Xerge invading the Earth. President Gwen Tennyson states to the military under her leadership that they must take action. General Hex offers to recruit an "alien ally" to help combat the threat as it reaches Bellwood. Gwen later attends a press conference, accompanied by Secretary Zombozo, before the Xerge attack. Donning a battle suit constructed by Sergeant Steam Smythe, Gwen goes and battles the Xerge. Hex eventually arrives with Kevin, still trapped in the form of Humungoraptor, and he and Gwen battle the Xerge. As the Xerge continue to attack and destroy, Ben 10,000 comes out of hiding. Watching the chaos unfold, he drinks from a Dr. Smoothy before tossing it out, saying it was disgusting.
Ben 10,000 looks for more Photon batteries, which Hitch reminds him that he used his last one to upgrade his Sumo Slammers Game Console. Hitch seems worried about Ben 10,000's loneliness, to which he replies that does not need his family, as those days are long gone. As Ben 10,000 tends to a robot (referred to as "Louis"), Hex appears. Refusing to believe this, Ben 10,000 proceeds to activate his Omnitrix and transforms into Spidermonkey. However, he loses much faster due to having been inactive from superhero work. A.I Max manages to convince Ben 10,000 to help Gwen stop the Xerge.
Following Hex to the presidential bunker, Ben 10,000 is shocked to see Sergeant Smythe, Polar and Solar Twain, and Admiral Animo working for President Gwen. He also learns that Animo and Smythe have worked on a time tunnel known as Project Bygone, which Hex states that Gwen vetoed because time travel would be risky. Ben 10,000 then encounters Humungoraptor, who blames Ben for bailing on him causing him to be trap in his current form, before reuniting with President Gwen. According to Gwen, the Xerge were summoned by the Omnitrix, which Ben states was supposed to change the world. They are joined moments later by A.I. Max, Maurice, and Sydney before the Xerge attack the bunker.
The Xerge leader demands that they surrender "us"; when Ben 10,000 brings up the Omnitrix, it states that they do not want "the device" but "the contents". In response, Ben 10,000 transforms into Buzzshock. While Gwen and the other evacuate, Buzzshock, Humungoraptor, and Hex stay behind to battle the Xerge. However, Buzzshock senses a connection between the Xerge and his younger self. After being rescued by Gwen, her entourage activate Project Bygone and Ben 10,000 travels back in time.
In the present, Ben is hanging out at a hot spring with Simon Sez before Steam Smythe attacks aboard the Clocktopus. Instructing Simon to keep the adults busy, Ben immediately transforms into a Xerge named Surge. Of course, he is unable to display any useful powers, prompting him to flee from the Clocktopus. Ben 10,000 arrives just in time for Gwen to save Surge only to get caught by the Clocktopus. Turning into Four Arms, Ben 10,000 attacks the Clocktopus to Surge and Gwen's surprise. After hording down enough food to convince Simon, Ryan, and Maxine to go someplace else, Ben and Gwen introduce Max to Ben 10,000, who explains that he came to the past for Ben's help in stopping the Xerge, which Ben eagerly accepts. Before journey into the future, Ben 10,000 assures Max that he will return Ben if he can. Once they have arrived, the White House has been obliterated and Ben 10,000 breaks down while Ben comforts him.
- Team Tennyson meets Ben's future self.
- Ben 10,000 is drawn out of retirement and teams up with present-day Ben to save the future from the Xerge.
- Ben unlocks and uses Surge for the first time.
Omnitrix Alien Debuts
Antitrix Alien Debuts
- By Ben 10,000's time period, Kevin, Hex, Zombozo, Steam Smythe, Dr. Animo, the Bugg Brothers, and the Twain twins have reformed and work for President Gwen.
- Ben 10,000 (first appearance)
- President Gwen (first appearance)
- A.I. Max (first appearance)
- Hitch (first appearance)
- General Hex (first appearance)
- Secretary Zombozo (first appearance)
- Sergeant Smythe (first appearance)
- Admiral Animo (first appearance)
- Maurice (first appearance)
- Sydney (first appearance)
- Solar Twain (first appearance)
- Polar Twain (first appearance)
- Kevin Levin (first appearance; as Humungoraptor)
By Ben 10,000
- Spidermonkey (first apppearance)
- Buzzshock (first apppearance; accidental transformation)
- Four Arms (off-screen transformation)
By Future Kevin
- Humungoraptor (first appearance; off-screen transformation)
- This episode lifts motifs from the original series episode Ben 10,000, except only Ben goes to the future and Max meets Ben's future self in addition to present-day Ben and Gwen.
- The idea of Gwen being president might be a nod to a comment made by the alternate Ben 10,000 in Ben 10,000 Returns, who mentioned that Gwen is the president of Earth in the future in the Classic Continuity.
- One of the characters at the beginning of the episode resembles Steven T. Seagle.
- Ben 10,000's Omnitrix seems to be malfunctioning like the present-day Omnitrix was during season 1, as demonstrated by the repeated slapping when he tries to transform after Hex shows up and his apparent mis-transformation into Buzzshock.
- Ben 10,000's concern for the inanimate Louis is a callback to It's Story Time.
- Ben 10,000 and President Gwen's arguing is similar to young Ben and Gwen's relationship in the original series.
- The time machine that Ben 10,000 used is similar to the one in Roundabout: Part 1.
- When Ben 10,000 says he has to take Ben back, Ben remarks "To the future?!", referencing the popular film franchise Back to the Future.
- When present-day Ben comforts Ben 10,000, he tells him to not to beat himself up and save it for the bad guys. This is an inverted reference to Showdown: Part 2.
- When both Bens transform into Surge, the start of the transformation sequence is very similar to that of Upgrade's in the original series.
- In the end of the special, Ben 10,000 wears a jacket that looks similar to the one Classic Ben wore during Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- The ending is similar to that of Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, where Ben yells "It's hero time!" before the credits roll.
- This is the first special to not feature present-day Ben as Four Arms or Heatblast; rather, the forms are used by Ben 10,000.
- The name of this special was first discovered on Andrei Lenart's portfolio site and a Spanish dubbing website.
- The special first aired in Turkey on February 20th, 2021 and later throughout Central and Eastern Europe on February 27th.
- This will be the third time Ben goes through time, as he had previously done so in Ben Again and Again and Roundabout: Part 2.
- Footage of Ben 10,000 and President Gwen was first revealed on YouTube on February 6, 2021.
- Out of all the villains seen in the intro, Tim Buktu and Michael Morningstar are the only ones to not appear in any form.
- Bellwood is the setting of the special, as mentioned by General Hex and Sargent Smythe.
- It is mentioned that Future Kevin has been stuck as Humungoraptor for a long time ever since Ben 10,000 went into hiding, explaining why he never appears in his conventional form during the special.
- Duncan Rouleau initially stated that there were no plans for either Spidermonkey or Buzzshock to appear in the reboot.[DR 1][DR 2][DR 3] The fact that they make appearances in this movie event indicates that these statements were made in order to prevent spoilers.
- Ben 10,000's inclusion in the reboot was first hinted when Duncan dropped vague hints on what to expect for Season 5,[DR 4] before eventually confirming that there would be a chance for Ben 10,000 to appear on the show.[DR 5]
- This special does not feature any of the Omni-Kix or Omni-Naut aliens, most likely because of the heavy focus on the Xerge.
- According to a promo for Season 5, Ben 10,000 is an alternate future version of Ben, indicating that his timeline is an alternate version of his younger counterpart's.