|This article is about the original TV series. You might have been looking for the comic book series, or the 2016 reboot.|
|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben 10, later known as Ben 10 Classic or Classic Ben 10, is an American animated series created by the group Man of Action and produced by Cartoon Network Studios. The pilot episode And Then There Were 10, aired on December 27, 2005, as part of a sneak peek of Cartoon Network's Saturday morning lineup.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Characters
- 2.1 Allies
- 2.2 Villains
- 2.3 Aliens
- 3 Video Games
- 4 Movies
- 5 Cast
- 6 Theme Song
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Ten-year-old Ben Tennyson, his ten-year-old paternal first-cousin Gwen, and their paternal Grandpa Max start their summer camping trip. Ben goes stomping off into the woods after another fight with Gwen, whom he is not happy to have along on the trip, and is almost crushed when a meteor crash lands, only to discover it’s an alien cargo pod. When he examines it, he finds a mysterious, watch-like device, called the Omnitrix. As Ben reaches inside the pod for it, the device attaches permanently to his wrist and gives him the ability to transform into a numerous variety of alien life-forms, each with their own unique powers and abilities. Although Ben realizes that he has a responsibility to help and save others with these new abilities at his disposal, he is not above a little ten-year-old super-powered mischief now and then.
The theme song of Ben 10 was sung by Moxy and written by Andy Sturmer. In the first and second seasons, Ghostfreak was the ninth alien in the theme song. Cannonbolt replaced Ghostfreak as the ninth alien in the third and fourth seasons.
It started when an alien device did what it did,
And stuck itself upon his wrist with secrets that it hid,
Now he's got super powers, he's no ordinary kid,
He's Ben 10!.... (Ben 10! Ben 10!)
So if you see him, you might be in for a big surprise,
He'll turn into an alien before your very eyes,
He's slimy, creepy, fast and strong, he's every shape and size,
He's Ben 10!.... (Ben 10!)
Armed with powers, he's on the case,
Fighting off evil from Earth or space,
He'll never stop till he makes them pay,
'Cause he's the baddest kid to ever save the day!
Ben 10! (Ben 10! Ben 10! Ben 10! Ben 10! Ben 10! Ben 10!)
- Heatblast didn't have an Omnitrix symbol.
- In the Indian version (Hindi dub), Ripjaws is pronounced as Ripjaw.
- The entire series takes place over the three month summer vacation.[pop-up 1]
- In the initial stages of the original series' development:
- The black dots in the transformation sequences are Kirby dots.[AC 1]
- Ben 10 was produced in both 16:9 (HD) and 4:3 (SD/widescreen) formats, but was only aired in 4:3 due to restrictions put in place by Cartoon Network. As of June 14, 2015, all four seasons are available in HD and widescreen format on iTunes. Amazon Instant Video and Google Play has all four seasons in widescreen format.
- In 2016, Ben 10 was renamed Classic Ben 10 to differentiate from the 2016 reboot
- In Norway, Sweden and Denmark, episodes 22 and 23, 24 and 25, and 27 and 28 switched places.
- In the latest reruns, the theme song has been shortened (except in the episodes Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1 and 2). The current airings on Boomerang have now gone back to the original theme song's length.
- In Poland, episodes 50, 51, and 52 were switched in airing.
- On iTunes the icons of each season include the following aliens:
- The Flash-animated segment was meant to show that the series would also be fun, in addition to having action.[AC 2]
- Ghostfreak was replaced by Cannonbolt in the theme song from Season 3 onwards due to his escape, although Ghostfreak could be seen in the Seasons 3-4 intro at the very end when all the aliens get sucked into the watch before the logo comes up.
- In the Mandarin music video, female noises are heared after every each verse and the aliens are mentioned in Mandarin after the female singer stops singing. However, the noises didn’t made it into the broadcast.
- The baseline of the theme song is played when Ben Tennyson introduces himself in Crossover Nexus.
|Ben 10 TV Series|
|Ben 10||Ben 10: Alien Force||Ben 10: Ultimate Alien||Ben 10: Omniverse||Ben 10|