|This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline|
|“||Prepare to get bashed... right in the mouth!||”|
– Quad Smack before turning into Bashmouth.
Bashmouth's appearance is based on a husky or werewolf. He has dark blue-gray and cream-colored fur, with three sharp claws on each hand and foot, as well as a small tail. His eyes and the inside of his mouth are red and he wears a dark orange and red armored vest, black pants and gauntlets, and an iron shoulder pad on his right shoulder.
Bashmouth wears the Antitrix symbol on the center of his vest.
Powers and Abilities
Bashmouth's signature ability is his ability to generate metal from various parts of his body. One known example of this is generating scaled armor plates from his forearms that are dense enough to harm a Tetramand.
Another way Bashmouth generates metal is through his sharp teeth, which can crunch through concrete. The metal teeth retract over his normal teeth. His metal teeth are able to deflect lasers. Even when not using his metal generation, Bashmouth's bare teeth are strong enough to cause a Vaxasaurian discomfort by biting his tail.
Bashmouth is similar to Rath, in the sense that his instincts can take over. For example, the carnivorous aspect of his husky physiology will make him divert his attention to meat. The same thing can happen with sticks.
Despite the durability of his forearm plating, Bashmouth can be harmed by an Ekoplektoid's durability if the latter duplicates enough times.
Bashmouth has a weakness against magic, as shown when he was trapped by one of Charmcaster's spells.
Due to Kevin's alterations to the Antitrix, Bashmouth is too powerful for the inexperienced Kevin to currently utilize to the fullest.
- Bashmouth first appeared in Introducing Kevin 11, where he battled Four Arms and helped Humungousaur save people from a damaged bridge.
- In My Bodyguard, Bashmouth defeated Humungousaur while under the effects of Zombozo's hypnotism. Once he broke free, he teamed up with Shock Rock to defeat Zombozo.
- In Heat of the Moment, Bashmouth (acting on his instincts) was distracted by a stick Gwen threw whilst attempting to defeat Ben. He was later defeated by Slapback and was about to battle the Weatherheads before suddenly timing out.
- In Vin Diagram, Bashmouth battled Rath until both of them were lured by meat to chase Gwen before he got distracted by a raccoon tail flag.
- In You Remind Me of Someone, an amnesic Bashmouth attempted to "save" Gwen before battling Rath, thus prompting him to remember his own self.
- In Roundabout: Part 1, Bashmouth battled Humungousaur until he was tricked into getting struck by a magical attack from Charmcaster.
- In The Monsters in Your Head, Bashmouth battled Omni-Kix Humungousaur alongside Dr. Animo while under the former's mind control.
- In Bottomless Ben, Bashmouth prepared to battle Humungousaur but was intervened by the tour guide. Later, he became enraged at his armor being scratched and battled Breaker One-Nine, only to then be defeated and thrown into the bottomless pit.
- In Digital Quality, Bashmouth teamed up with Omni-Kix Slapback to defeat Lord Decibel before he fell asleep when he listened to the CD he was looking for.
- In De-Fanged!, Bashmouth defeated Jetray, Heatblast, and Diamondhead in a laser tag virtual reality simulation only to be defeated by Omni-Kix Rath and Fang.
- In Mock 10, Bashmouth failed to scare some picnickers in a flashback.
- In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Bashmouth briefly appeared twice due to a glitch with the Antitrix. Later, he battled Vilgax. Lastly, he briefly attacked Alien V before switching into Crystalfist.
- Introducing Kevin 11 (first appearance)
- The Night Ben Tennyson Came to Town (video footage; cameo)
- My Bodyguard
- Heat of the Moment
- Vin Diagram
- You Remind Me of Someone
- Roundabout: Part 1
- The Monsters in Your Head
- Bottomless Ben
- Digital Quality
- De-Fanged! (virtual reality; 3x)
- Mock 10 (flashback)
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie (4x; first and second times cameo)
Bashmouth is a playable alien in the game (multiplayer only).
Naming and Translations
|German||Wolfsmaul||From wolf, wolf and maul, mouth|
|Italian||Zannanera||From zanna nera, black fang. Possibly a pun on Zanna Bianca|
|Polish||Piącha||From pięść, fist|
|Portuguese (Br)||Mordida||From mordida, bite|
|Romanian||Dinți de Fier||From dinți, teeth and fier, iron|
|From ударный, percussion and коготь, claw|
From the original English name
From the original English name
From гром, thunder
|Spanish (HA)||Bashmouth||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Darbe çene||from bashmouth|
- Bashmouth's name is a reference to the popular band Smash Mouth.
- From studying Bashmouth, he appears to be an equal counterpart to Rath, due to his animal instincts taking over and making him do the stereotype dog act and has a huge amount of rage and wild animal attack skills.
- Although unconfirmed, should Bashmouth not be a counterpart of Rath, this would make Bashmouth the only one of Kevin's aliens that Ben does not have an equivalent of.
- In addition, should Bashmouth not be an Appoplexian, he would be the only one of Kevin's aliens whose species Ben never had access to.
- When the storyboards for his debut episode were being made, Bashmouth had neither a tail nor the ability to retract his metal teeth.[Forosha 1]
- Bashmouth's species and home planet will be revealed much later.[DR 2]
- Bashmouth is Kevin's favorite alien in the Antitrix.[DR 3]
- Bashmouth's metal generation powers were chosen as a reference to Kevin's Classic counterpart's matter absorption powers.[DR 4]
|Regular Aliens||Fusion Aliens|
|Bashmouth • Bootleg • Crystalfist • Dark Matter • Hot Shot • Humungoraptor • Quad Smack • Rush • Skunkmoth • Thornblade • Undertow • Wreckingbolt||Alien V • AntiVilgax • Monster Kevin • Monster Kevin (Story)|