|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Astrodactyl resembles a cross between a Pterodactyl and a glider. He has a large yellow beak-like mouth, green eyes, red skin, black and green clothing on his shoulders and waist, green braces around his wrists and ankles, and small, yellow, retractable wings that resemble a glider in appearance which are connected to a 'jetpack' like structure on his back.
Astrodactyl wears the Omnitrix symbol on his left shoulder.
Powers and Abilities
Astrodactyl has the ability to fly with his 'jetpack'.
Astrodactyl has some kind of internalized star power, which he can use as propulsion for flight, and different forms of weapons. The weapons shown are energy whips, a propulsion effect from his jetpack, and an energy beam from his mouth.
Astrodactyl can survive in the vacuum of space.
Astrodactyl was shown to have a degree of enhanced strength, as he was able to rip off goo that was difficult for Ben and Rook to get off. And he also shows his strength by carrying Albedo in his Negative Brainstorm form without the aid of his rockets, as well as pull one of the Techadon Robots tied up to his energy whips.
Astrodactyl is vulnerable to electricity.
- Astrodactyl first appeared in While You Were Away. Astrodactyl battled Dr. Psychobos.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Astrodactyl battled the Incurseans before the randomiser turned him into Snare-oh.
- In Mud Is Thicker Than Water, Astrodactyl battled Psyphon's gang.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Astrodactyl escaped from Khyber's hunting grounds, and briefly fought Negative Brainstorm.
- In The Vampire Strikes Back, Ben turns into Astrodactyl and uses him to make it to Anur Transyl after Rad ejects him from the Lovely Duck.
- In And Then There Were None, Astrodactyl battled the evil Bens and saved No Watch Ben.
- In Collect This, Astrodactyl freed himself and Rook and went after Collectimus.
- In Clyde Five, Astrodactyl chased Clyde and battled the Techadon Robots.
- In A New Dawn, Astrodactyl appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Ben 10: Omniverse 2: Astrodactyl is a playable alien character.
- Astrodactyl is a playable alien in the game (not on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Астродактил||From the original English name|
|Chinese|| 极光翼龙 (Former)|
| From 极光 (Jí Guāng), aurora, and 翼龙 (Yì Lóng), pterodactyl.|
From 光鞭 (Guāng Biān), light whip, and 翼手龙 (Yì Shǒu Lóng), pterodactyl.
|French||Astrodactyle||From the original English name|
|German||Astrodactylus||From astro and Pterodactylus, pterodactyl|
|Italian||Astrovolante||From astro and volante (flying)|
|Portuguese (Br)||Astrodáctilo||From astrodáctilo, astrodactyl|
|Russian||Астродактиль||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Astrodactyl||From the original English name|
Astrodactyl's name is a portmanteau of the prefix "astro-", meaning star, and "pterodactyl", the first identified Pterosaur, a flying reptile.
- When Astrodactyl talks or becomes excited, he "squawks" like a parrot.
- Astrodactyl was designed by Steven Choi.
- Astrodactyl shares the same homeplanet as Humungousaur.
- Astrodactyl looks similar to Jetray in both design and the powers. Because of this, as well as Jetray's absence in Omniverse, it is assumed Astrodactyl was created as a replacement for Jetray.
- Astrodactyl only appeared a total of 9 times.