|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|Click here to see the||Dimension 23||version of this article|
|“||Arctiguana? Cool! Literally.||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
Ben as Arctiguana
In the original series, Arctiguana had small spikes around his face, three dorsal fins reaching down his back and white gills on the sides of his head. He had white pants and a black open-front shirt with white cuffs and he wore the original Omnitrix symbol on his left hand.
In Ultimate Alien, Arctiguana looked exactly the same as before, except his eyes were green, the white part on his left glove became completely black, his mouth was blue, and he wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Omniverse, 16-year-old Arctiguana still retains the clothing from his previous designs, albeit it goes all the way up to his head and his chest is completely covered up with a white underbelly shell. He has four pointed fins instead of three and the black stripes on his face do not go through his mouth anymore, as they now go around his mouth. The spikes on his face are now on his chin and his gills are no longer visible. The claws on his front feet are pointier and less dexterous, and he now has two claws on each of his back feet. He wears the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
11-year-old Arctiguana looks mostly the same as his 16-year-old self except he wears the same clothing as in the original series, making his gills visible. His eyes are connected by a black stripe, he has spikes on his face, and the original Omnitrix symbol on his left wrist is recolored green.
Albedo as Negative Arctiguana
Negative Arctiguana looks the same as 16-year-old Arctiguana do in Omniverse, except his skin is recolored pale blue or more of a dark purple shade, the white parts of his clothing are recolored dark red, and his eyes and Ultimatrix symbol are recolored red.
Powers and Abilities
Similar to Big Chill, Arctiguana is capable of breathing ice by his mouth and firing a long-range freeze ray that isolates targets in ice. This ice breath is cold enough to freeze large bodies of water and molten lava, and can make an Arachnichimp's webbing brittle enough such that it can be broken free of. His ice is also very slippery.
Arctiguana possesses enhanced agility, as seen when skating across an icy path in a snowboard-like fashion. In the same scenario, he can use his ice breath to create structures made of ice.
Arctiguana can use his breath as a means of quickly hovering himself via propulsion (along with anyone holding on to him) across the ground.
Arctiguana can similarly use his breath as mode of flight via propulsion.
Arctiguana possesses enhanced dexterity thanks to his three-fingered hands and can crawl up walls without struggling.
Although he has never trained himself to do so, Arctiguana can survive in environments with sub-freezing temperatures.[OV Brief 1]
If Arctiguana uses his ice breath too much, he will need to catch his breath before using it again.
Arctiguana's durability has a clear limit, as he was harmed to the point of uncontrollably flying across an open area when being stabbed by Unitaur's horn and was knocked out from the impact of landing against a wall.
Arctiguana can be trapped in an Arachnichimp's webbing unless he makes it brittle using his ice breath.
- In Hot Stretch, Arctiguana froze the lava created by the Kraaho.
- In Ben Again, Arctiguana was used by 11-year-old Ben in 16-year-old Ben's body to battle Eon's servants alongside 16-year-old Gwen and Rook. He then helped 16-year-old Ben as 11-year-old Wildvine battle Eon.
- In For a Few Brains More, Negative Arctiguana gave chase to Ben, Rook, and Max and went Ultimate once he caught up.
- In Collect This, Arctiguana fought Simian and Deefus Veeblepister only to be defeated by Unitaur.
- Arctiguana first appeared in Ben 10,000, where he froze Vilgax in water.
- In Ken 10, Arctiguana froze Mot Snikrep before Ken as Buzzshock could defeat him.
Future (Ultimate Alien)
- Ultimate Ben
- Season 3
- Ben 10,000 Returns (first reappearance; x2)
- Season 1
- Hot Stretch (first reappearance)
- Season 3
- Ben Again (11-year-old Ben in 16-year-old Ben's body)
- Season 6
- Season 4
- For a Few Brains More (goes Ultimate)
- Cartoon Network Action Packs
- The Once and Future Ben (by both Ben and Ben 10,000)
Arctiguana is a playable alien in the game (by both 11-year-old and 16-year-old Ben).
Arctiguana is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Arktikguana||From the Albanian version of Arctiguana|
|Bulgarian||Арктикгуана||From aрктик/arktik, arctic, and игуана/iguana, iguana|
|Chinese||急冻蜥蜴||From 急冻 (Jí Dòng), freeze, and 蜥蜴 (Xī Yì), lizard|
|Dutch||Poolleguaan||From pool, arctic, and leguaan, iguana|
|French||Arctiguana||From the original English name|
|German||Arctiguana||From the original English name|
|Greek||Αρκτικό Ιγκουάνα||From αρκτικός, arctic, and ιγκουάνα, iguana|
|Hebrew||ארטיקגואנה||From ארטיק, popsicle, and איגואנה, iguana|
|Hungarian||Sarkigyík||From sarki, arctic, and gyík, lizard|
|Italian||Articguana||From the original English name|
|Polish||Arctiguana||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Iguana Ártica
Artiguana (Hot Stretch)
|From iguana, iguana, and ártica, arctic|
|Romanian||Arctiguana||From the original English name|
|Russian||Арктигуана||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Arctiguana||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Arctiguana||From the original English name|
Arctiguana's name is a combination of "arctic", referring to his ice powers, and "iguana", referring to his reptile-like appearance.
- Ben 10,000 originally named this alien "Absolute Zero". However, it was changed to "Arctiguana" on 10-year-old Ben's suggestion, as he found the original name to be boring.
- In Omniverse, Arctiguana speaks with a Jamaican accent and a windy sound is heard whenever he speaks.
- Arctiguana is the result of re-purposing and re-coloring one of Perk Upchuck's concept arts. His design originally had an olive green color scheme, glowing orange spikes on his back, and wore the Omnitrix symbol on his torso.[TP 1] Tom Perkins used the concept design as he did not want it to go to waste.[TP 2]
- Like Buzzshock, Murk Upchuck, Snare-oh, and Frankenstrike, Arctiguana appeared in Omniverse, but he did not appear in A New Dawn.
- The way Arctiguana uses his ice breath to hover and fly is similar to how Godzilla uses his nuclear breath to accomplish the same feat.
- In the DS and 3DS versions of Ben 10: Omniverse and Ben 10: Omniverse 2, Arctiguana walks on two legs rather than four.
- 11-year-old Arctiguana was slated to appear in Hot Stretch but was excluded for time.[DJW 3][DJW 4] Despite that, the design for 11-year-old Arctiguana would be used for the Ben 10: Omniverse video game and recolored for Freezelizard.