|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
|“||Appoplexians are powerful, argumentative, and extremely aggressive. They believe any problem can be solved by hitting it.||”|
Their evolved counterparts are Evolved Appoplexians.
Appoplexians are tiger-like humanoids with huge muscles. They have orange fur, white muzzles, hands, stomachs, chests, and feet. The fur can also vary from yellowish orange to dark orange and the white parts can occasionally be light yellow. They also have black stripes on their head, shoulders, back, and legs. Sometimes there are also stripes on the forearms, cheeks, or chin. There is a chance that the head supports a Mohawk, being either the color of the muzzle or stripes. They also have four-fingered hands and three-toed feet. They have boned, quill-like black brows on the skull over each eye, which are entirely yellow or yellow with black feline pupils, and they have a large, single retractable claw coming out of both wrists that can be either black or dark metallic blue. Instead of keratin, the structure of the claw is mostly pure bone. The jaw is pronounced and have either two or six fangs sticking out. The teeth are yellowed, showing that Appoplexians have poor dental hygiene or have little concern about their teeth.
Since Appoplexians have a high sense of shame, they are mainly seen wearing sleeveless vests, short or torn cargo pants, either gauntlets or straps, and a metallic belt containing an orange squared symbol with black stripes on each side.
Although most Appoplexians have orange fur, some of them can have white fur if they just evolve in colder climates.[DJW 2][DJW 3] Notable examples of white Appoplexians include Albedo as Negative Rath and Ben 23's Appoplexian transformation.[DJW 4]
Appoplexians value emotional openness: if an Appoplexian has a feeling, they express it openly. Generally, the feeling is a blind rage. Appoplexians take great pride in their fighting skills. Appoplexians love to fight and have great appreciation for the best fighter. Instead of shaking hands when they meet, they engage in a wrestling match until one is established as dominant.
Appoplexians believe any problem can be solved by hitting it or "hitting it a lot" as said by Rath.
An Appoplexian's addiction to violence leads them to be quite dim, forgetting things and being easily distracted.
Appoplexians are prone to referring to people by their full name or title, as well as beginning a conversation with "Let me tell ya somethin'!" They also refer to themselves in the third person.
Appoplexians have animalistic tendencies, such as growling, roaring, and relentlessly seeking food when hungry.
Appoplexians are prone to mixing up metaphors.
Appoplexians can always remember things relating to fights or battle techniques learned.
Female Appoplexians are traditionally better hunters than males.[DJW 5]
Aggression is a common trait in Appoplexians, regardless of their personality.[DJW 6]
Powers and Abilities
Appoplexians possess enhanced strength and agility, enabling them to jump great distances and lift objects heavier than themselves. This was shown by how Rath was able to easily dismember the Forever Knights' paramilitary tank via brute force and toss the still extremely large pieces around (with one hand and later with two for the tank's body) with minimal to no effort. An Appoplexian's strength also gives them an advantage in combat, allowing them to power their way through many opponents and smash through tough defenses.
An Appoplexian's unbridled aggression gives them a psychological edge in combat. There are very few things that they fear and many opponents find it extremely difficult to beat them if they are fully enraged.
Appoplexians possess a large, retractable claw on each wrist, which are sharp enough to cut through Attea's Incursean Blaster and a box.. This claw can be used to stab opponents, or create a shock wave when stabbed into the ground or when objects are cut apart.
Appoplexians are extremely durable, able to take a point-blank laser blast with no apparent effect and survive a free fall from several hundred feet in the air, with only a bit of dizziness as a result.
Their unbridled aggression gives them a psychological edge in combat. There are very few things that an Apploplexian fears and many opponents find it extremely difficult to stop one that is fully enraged.
Appoplexians can release a loud roar, although this seems to be more of an intimidation tactic rather than an offensive feature.
Appoplexians are unfazed by gas.
An Appoplexian's brain is hardwired for aggression and as such, they have low intelligence and a highly aggressive temperament. This causes Appoplexians to be easily distracted and difficult to stop once they start fighting.
Due to their innate aggression and simplistic method of 'solving every problem by hitting it,' Apploplexians are not suitable for situations that require finesse, restraint, or subtlety. At times they can more of a danger to themselves and comrades alike, and can make a bad situation even worse.
An Appoplexian's lack of intelligence also may convince them to needlessly argue with inanimate objects.
Appoplexians can be subdued by the Hephestan Neuro Grip.
It is unknown if Hydrophobia is a common weakness for Appoplexians, though Rath was seen to be afraid of water.
An Appoplexian's hearing is very sensitive, meaning that very loud sounds can be dangerous for them.
Appoplexians can be trapped in a mana bubble.
- Rath (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of an Appoplexian)
- Skraprr Byakko (non-canon)
- Various female leaders[DJW 11]
Notable Appoplexian Hybrids
- Ultimate Kevin (part Appoplexian)
The name Appoplexian is a play on the term "apoplexy" (or "apoplectic"), which is a word to describe the state of being overcome with rage.
- Appoplexians are the only species that are dumber and more aggressive than Vreedles.
- An Appoplexian skeleton can be seen among Khyber's hunting trophies. This is because Khyber had "taken advantage" of the Appoplexian Hunting Season.
- Appoplexia was first added to the wiki to the disambiguation page for Rath (which served as the page for the Classic Continuity version of Rath at the time) by an anonymous user on January 13, 2010. It was added to this page on February 18, 2010 upon its creation, by another anonymous user. The page for Appoplexia was later created on February 28, 2010 by a user named Linkmadara. No source for the planet's name was provided in any of these instances. Derrick J. Wyatt would later provide some information about Appoplexia, albeit without mentioning its name.[DJW 1] Appoplexia was not mentioned in any official media or merchandise until the Rath AW3: Endless Party Planet short, which takes place in the Reboot Continuity. Thus, the canonicity of Appoplexia in the Classic Continuity is dubious.
- File:Appoplexia Savage.png
- File:White Appoplexians.png
- File:White Appoplexians Explanation.png
- File:Ben 23 Rath Proof.png
- File:Female Appoplexians.png
- File:Appoplexians Usually Aggression.png
- File:Toepick Can Scare Appoplexians.png
- File:Appoplexian Technology.png
- File:Rathzarro Catchphrase.png
- File:Nega Ben as Rath and Atomix.png
- File:Female Appoplexian Leaders.png