|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Anodites are very free-spirited, and most don't take life as seriously as most humans, to the point that some Anodites disregard the morality of their actions and would rather satisfy their own personal pleasures. They can also be slightly condescending to non-energy beings. However, this doesn't stop them from helping others: "Anodites help tons of people, scads." While Anodites can theoretically absorb mana from other sentient life forms, most chose not to do so.[DM 1]
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, the body of an Anodite is a dark purple, humanoid-shaped construct of pure mana. From their heads radiate streams of glowing bright pink energy, which look like tentacles, symbolizing hair. They do not have any externally visible ears, nose or lips, nor do they wear any clothing.
In Omniverse, their "hair" is no longer tentacle shaped and can be different shapes/styles. Their skin is now a light matte purple color. Their face is now more human-like, with ears, a nose and lips. They are now depicted in attire.
Anodites are able to reproduce with humans by assuming a human body. If an Anodite reproduces with a human, they can use unknown methods to try and pass on their "gifts" (which Verdona refers to as "the spark") along to their children, and this can potentially occur in offspring in later generations.[DM 2] For example, neither of Verdona's children inherited her Anodite powers and abilities, but her granddaughters did.
Powers and Abilities
Anodites can manipulate and control life energy, the very substance of magic itself. By means of this pink/magenta-colored energy source, Anodites can generate energy blasts or create shields, barriers, ropes, chains, stepping stones, and other energy constructs. The size, complexity, and strength of these constructs is limited only by the Anodite's experience in wielding such energy.
Anodites can absorb mana from other living things. The more mana an Anodite draws in, the more powerful they become. Powerful Anodites can tamper with the mana constructs of Anodites who are not as powerful as them.
Anodites can engage in the art of astral projection.
By encasing objects and people in mana, Anodites can simulate telekinetic abilities. Anodites can even track organic life-forms via their energy signature.
Anodites are capable of teleporting themselves and others, and conjuring up dimensional vortexs.
In their true forms, Anodites are afforded a number of extraordinary powers, such as flying through outer space, making discardable human "bodies" to conceal their true form, and apparently manipulate mana to a far greater degree compared to when not in their true forms.
Anodites can manipulate the hair-like stream of energy that radiates from their head, solidifying it to use as tendrils to grasp or ensnare objects.
Anodites can grow gigantic in size, though only Gwen has performed this ability.
Powerful Anodites can alter reality to a limited degree.
Anodites are technically biologically immortal, as they are able to manipulate their crafted body's age at will.[DM 2] Verdona's comment on how she supposed in "human time" she hadn't seen her son Frank in a while further hinted at her race's extended lifespan.
Anodites possess some form of enhanced strength, as Gwen was able to physically break free from bindings that were allegedly as strong as steel. Anodites also possess enhanced durability, as Verdona endured being pelted with large stone rocks without being visibly injured.
Despite the great power at their command, it does require about 75 years before an Anodite can fully master their true powers. Using their full potential before achieving complete control may result in them being overwhelmed and losing their humanity, as was nearly the case with Gwen.
Anodites cannot track Ectonurites, as they have no mana, nor does their tracking work well with non-biological life forms (i.e. robots, androids, etc.).
An Anodite's raw mana attacks are useless against Geochelone Aerios, as seen when Gwen's attacks were ineffective against Ultimate Aggregor. However, Gwen was able to effectively use a spell on her cousin Ben when he was fighting her as Terraspin. Magic can be used to similarly ward beings against mana attacks.
- Sunny's parents
- Gwen Tennyson
Notable People with Anodite Heritage
- Carl Tennyson
- Frank Tennyson
- Kenneth Tennyson
- Ben Tennyson
- Ken Tennyson
- Gwendolyn Tennyson (Ben's Daughter) (retconned)
- Big Chill's Offspring
The name Anodite comes from the Latin word "Anodyne" which means to relieve pain of the physical body.
- Any child an Anodite produces with another species, will be related to that Anodite via parentage. However, the offspring will biologically remain 100% pure to the species of the other parent because Anodites lack DNA.[DM 2] This would also mean that the Omnitrix cannot transform its user into an Anodite.
- However, Anodites do have something analogous to genetic material.[DJW 1]
- Although only female Anodites have been seen, there "sort of" are male Anodites.[DM 3]
- Given the fact Verdona always hoped that her sons and grandsons would have inherited her Anodite powers further implies that male Anodites do in fact exist.
- Developing as an Anodite and mastering magic use "many of the same muscles" so to speak, like kicking a ball and swimming.[MW 1]
- If an Anodite were to use the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix, then they will retain their mana-related powers.
- Anodites can learn to make human "bodies", described as a "sliding scale", for themselves to inhabit. Whether or not Anodites can make bodies of other species is unknown. These bodies can be shed or discarded, much like a snake shedding its skin.
- Anodites can manipulate their physical forms' age at will.[DM 2]
- It seems that when an Anodite retains their original body, they do not shed their skin when assuming their energy form, but instead shift into their Anodite self. Although Gwen has always been shown doing this, Verdona has once demonstrated this ability.
- Due to the requirement needed to perform this ability (destroying the innate, natural human body), it is suggested that an Anodite - no matter the percentage - can technically become a "full-blooded" Anodite.
- An Anodite's inability to survive in space while wearing one of these bodies is likely due to their functionality being similar to a real human's body, which are unable to survive in space. This would also explain why they require a human body in order to reproduce.
- There is at least one alien species that is able to see through an Anodite's human guise.
- With the explanation that Mature Anodites draw life from the mana all around them and everything and everyone (save for Ectonurites) produce mana, it is suggested that Mature Anodites obtain some form of true immortality alongside their biological immortality.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 What Are Little Girls Made Of?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Girl Trouble
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Moonstruck
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Ultimate Sacrifice
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Hit 'Em Where They Live
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 War of the Worlds: Part 2
- ↑ Busy Box
- ↑ Good Copy, Bad Copy
- ↑ Ultimate Aggregor
- ↑ Absolute Power: Part 1
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 In Charm's Way
- ↑ Inspector 13
- ↑ Gwen Tennyson
- ↑ Enemy of My Frenemy
- ↑ Unearthed