|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|Click here to see the||Alternate Timeline||Dimension 23||versions of this article|
|“||Ready for a shock to your system?||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
Ampfibian is a blue jellyfish-like alien with white swipes on his body resembling lightning streaks, a main body with three-segmented skirt-like parts for his head, chest and abdomen, and six long tentacles that function as two pairs of arms and a pair of legs.
In Ultimate Alien, Ampfibian had pupil-less eyes and wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest. His eyes were colored blue in Fused due to being fused with Ra'ad, but were changed to green for the rest of his appearances.
In Heroes United, Ampfibian looked mostly the same as in Ultimate Alien except most of the white swipes on his body were missing while the ones that remained were slightly darker and shaped differently.
In Omniverse, Ampfibian looks almost the same as before, except the lightning streak swipes on his body have been altered, his tentacles are now pointed instead of curved, and his green eyes are larger with the black outlining in them becoming much more prominent. He wears the Omnitrix symbol on his mouth.
Powers and Abilities
Ampfibian can fly and is agile enough to dodge attacks while flying.
Ampfibian can survive in the vacuum of space and generate a protective energy shield around himself; these feats were both exclusively demonstrated by Ultimate Aggregor during his visit to the Perplexahedron.
Ampfibian's intangibility is useless against other beings that can also become intangible, as it will cancel out their abilities to do so.
Ampfibian is weak against enemies who can drain electricity, like Phil. Furthermore, Ampfibian's electric attacks are useless against Solid Plugg because he is made out of super dense rubber.[DJW 1]
Since his body is very frail, heavy objects falling on Ampfibian can make him faint.
Despite his durability, Ampfibian can still be harmed by an Aerophibian's neuroshock blasts.
Despite being able to use his electricity underwater, Ampfibian can accidentally shock himself if he is entering or partially in water, as demonstrated with Ra'ad.
- Ampfibian first appeared in Fused, where his DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream when the Ultimatrix scanned Ra'ad's DNA. Ben remained stuck as Ampfibian due to Ra'ad being trapped in the Ultimatrix until Kevin eventually put the Ultimatrix in Reset Mode.
- In Deep, Ampfibian swam to Piscciss' core, along with the team and Magister Pyke.
- In Viktor: The Spoils, an unconscious Ampfibian's electric abilities were forcibly used to put King Xarion's mind in Viktor's body.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, Ampfibian appeared as one of the many aliens when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In Inspector 13, Kevin as Ampfibian battled several incomplete Techadon robots.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Ampfibian defeated Ultimate Kevin in a dream.
- In Have I Got a Deal for You, Ampfibian electrocuted Pax, Blarney T. Hokestar, fought Solid Plugg and saved the Screegit.
- In Special Delivery, Ampfibian defeated Seebik and the Kraaho.
- In Rad, Ampfibian caught Pax.
- In Return to Forever, Ampfibian tried to fight the Forever Knights, but was reverted by their DNA Scanner.
- In Max's Monster, Ampfibian battled Phil.
- In The Rooters of All Evil, Ampfibian was defeated by Swift.
- In A New Dawn, Ampfibian appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Have I Got a Deal for You (first reappearance)
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 6
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Ampfibian is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game.
Ampfibian is vital for progression on The Great Wall and The Amazon levels of the game.
Ampfibian is a playable alien racer in the game.
Ampfibian is one of the aliens used by Ben as a special attack.
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||أمبفيبيان||From the original English name|
|Bulgarian||Водна Мълния||From водна, water, and мълния, lightning|
|Chinese||通灵天人||From 通灵 (Tōng Líng), psychic, and 天人 (Tiān Rén), heaven man|
|Croatian||Ampfibijan||From the original English name|
|French||Amphibien||From amphibien, amphibian|
|German||Ampfibian||From the original English name|
|Greek||Αμφίβιο||From αμφίβιο, amphibian|
|Hebrew||דו-חי||From דו-חי, amphibian|
|Hungarian||Medúza||From medúza, jellyfish|
|Italian||Fulmanfibio||From fulmine, thunderbolt, and anfibio amphibian|
|Polish||Ampfibian||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Anfíbio||From "Anfíbio", amphibian|
|Romanian||Amfibianul||From amfibian, amphibian|
|Russian||Амфибия||From амфибия, amphibian|
|Spanish (HA)||Ampfibio||From ampfibio, amphibian|
|Spanish (Spain)||Electrofibio||A portmanteau of electricidad, electricity, and anfibio, amphibian|
|Swedish||Amfibien||From amfibien, amphibian|
|Turkish||AmFibiyan||From amfibiyan, Turkish pronunciation of the original name|
Ampfibian's name is a portmanteau of the words "amper" and "amphibian" (with the "ph" changed to a "pf"). It is also a pun of the word "amplify" ("amp" for short), which means to charge and increase energy, referencing Ampfibian's abilities to absorb, generate, and redirect electrical energy. The word "amphibian" is also used since most are either adapted to water, or generate their own electricity.
- Ampfibian was designed by Steven Choi and Chap Yaep,[DJW 2] and was named by Len Wein.[MW 1]
- Ampfibian was the Alien of the Month in September 2011.
- Ampfibian and the other Andromeda aliens have powers linked to a certain element; for Ampfibian, it is electricity.
- Ampfibian is the only Andromeda alien that Ben used in the same episode he was scanned in.
- As of Omniverse, Ampfibian and Feedback are the only aliens who generate blue electricity.