|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
In Ultimate Alien, AmpFibian was a blue jellyfish-like alien with six long tentacles that functioned as two pairs of arms and a pair of legs. AmpFibian had green eyes with no pupils and white swipes on his body, the latter of which resembled lightning streaks. His main body had three-segmented, skirt-like parts, one for his head, chest and abdomen. AmpFibian wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Heroes United, some of the white swipes on AmpFibian's body were missing while the ones that remained were slightly darker.
In Omniverse, AmpFibian looks almost the same as before, except that the Omnitrix symbol is now on his mouth and his green eyes are larger with the black outlining in them becoming much more prominent. His fins are now pointed instead of curved (his body segments are much the same). The lightning streak swipes on his body have been altered.
Powers and Abilities
AmpFibian can manipulate and produce lightning and electricity, launching them in electrical blasts. He can also absorb electrical energy and relaunch attacks, as seen when AmpFibian did so to the Piscciss Volann guards' energy net.
AmpFibian is capable of both flight and underwater breathing, the latter of which allows him to swim at enhanced speeds.
AmpFibian's lack of bones allows him to squeeze into extremely tight spaces.
Two other abilities that AmpFibian has never used are his space survivability and energy shield, both of which were used by Ultimate Aggregor during his quest to find the four fragments of the Map of Infinity.
AmpFibian's intangibility is useless against other beings that can also become intangible, as it will cancel out their abilities to do so.
Since his body is very frail, heavy objects falling on AmpFibian can make him faint.
- AmpFibian first appeared in Fused, where his DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream by sampling Ra'ad's DNA, trapping Ra'ad in the Ultimatrix as well. Aggregor tried to take AmpFibian to replace Ra'ad for his plan, but failed due to Gwen's intervention. Later, Kevin managed to put the Ultimatrix in Reset Mode, turning AmpFibian back into Ben and freeing Ra'ad.
- In Deep, AmpFibian swam to Piscciss' core.
- In Viktor: The Spoils, an unconscious AmpFibian's electric abilities were forcibly used to put King Xarion's mind in Viktor's body.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, AmpFibian defeated Ultimate Kevin in a dream.
- In Have I Got a Deal for You, AmpFibian saved the Screegit.
- In Special Delivery, AmpFibian defeated the Kraaho and Seebik.
- In Rad, AmpFibian caught Pax.
- In Return to Forever, AmpFibian tried to fight the Forever Knights, but was reverted by their DNA Scanner.
- In Max's Monster, AmpFibian battled Phil.
- In The Rooters of All Evil, AmpFibian was defeated by Swift.
- In A New Dawn, AmpFibian appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 3
AmpFibian is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game.
AmpFibian is vital for progression on The Great Wall and The Amazon levels of the game.
AmpFibian is a playable alien racer in the game.
AmpFibian is one of the aliens used by Ben as a special attack.
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||أمبفيبيان||From the original English name|
|Bulgarian||Водна Мълния||From водна, water, and мълния, lightning|
|Chinese||通灵天人||From 通灵 (Tōng Líng), psychic, and 天人 (Tiān Rén), heaven man|
|Croatian||Ampfibijan||From the original English name|
|French||Amphibien||From amphibien, amphibian|
|German||Ampfibian||From the original English name|
|Greek||Αμφίβιο||From αμφίβιο, amphibian|
|Hebrew||דו-חי||From דו-חי, amphibian|
|Hungarian||Medúza||From medúza, jellyfish|
|Italian||Fulmanfibio||From fulmine, thunderbolt, and anfibio amphibian|
|Polish||Ampfibian||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Anfíbio||From "Anfíbio", which means "Amphibian".|
|Romanian||Amfibianul||From amfibian, amphibian|
|Russian||Амфибия||From амфибия, amphibian|
|Spanish (HA)||Ampfibio||From ampfibio, amphibian|
|Spanish (Spain)||Electrofibio||A portmanteau of electricidad, electricity, and anfibio, amphibian|
|Swedish||Amfibien||From amfibien, amphibian|
|Turkish||AmFibiyan||From amfibiyan, Turkish pronunciation of the original name|
AmpFibian's name is a portmanteau of the words "amper" and "amphibian" (with the "ph" changed to a "pF"). It is also a pun off the word "amplify" (amp for short), which means to charge and increase energy, referencing AmpFibian's abilities to absorb, generate, and redirect electrical energy. The word "amphibian" is also used since most are either adapted to water, or generate their own electricity.
- AmpFibian was named by Len Wein.[MW 1]
- AmpFibian is September's Alien of the Month.
- AmpFibian and the other Andromeda aliens have powers linked to a certain element; for AmpFibian, it's electricity.
- AmpFibian is the only Andromeda Galaxy alien that Ben used in the same episode he was scanned in.
- As of Omniverse, AmpFibian and Feedback are the only aliens who generate blue electricity.
- ↑ File:AmpFibianPlanetProof.png
- ↑ Some end credits of Ultimate Alien and Omniverse
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Deep
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Fused
- ↑ Inspector 13
- ↑ Night of the Living Nightmare
- ↑ Special Delivery
- ↑ Perplexahedron
- ↑ Map of Infinity
- ↑ Max's Monster
- ↑ Have I Got a Deal for You
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 The Rooters of All Evil