|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
|“||We're the most powerful being in the universe. We change the very nature of space and time.||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Weaknesses
- 5 History
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Video Games
- 8 Naming and Translations
- 9 Etymology
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Notes
- 12 References
- 13 See Also
Alien X is a humanoid alien whose entire body is solid black, excluding his hands, which are white. He has tiny white star-like spots all over his body, giving him the appearance of a starry night sky. His eyes are green and lack pupils, and his forehead bears three horn-like protrusions.
In Omniverse, Alien X is largely the same as before, but with minor changes. His chin is now bigger, his body is more muscular, his horns are smaller, and the stars on his body are brighter than before.
Alien X has three personalities: Serena, the "voice of love and compassion", Bellicus, the "voice of rage and aggression", and Ben, the "voice of reason". All three of these voices combine to form Alien X's speech. Otherwise, Alien X is silent. The only things he will say are what he will be doing - what Ben, Bellicus, and Serena have agreed to do.
As Serena and Bellicus have been arguing for eternity and before they had no tiebreaker, getting them to focus on any present task is difficult at best. This leaves Alien X's body trapped in place, floating about a foot above the ground until an agreement is made.
Powers and Abilities
Alien X can create time waves to reverse events.
Alien X can create and recreate an entire universe at will.
Alien X can self-duplicate, create galaxies to suck in other beings, and travel at high speeds. He also possesses superhuman strength and the ability to grow to a gigantic size (as demonstrated by the Galactic Gladiator). He is skilled at hand-to-hand combat.
Alien X possesses X-ray vision, meaning he can see through objects such as a mountain. He can also regenerate his limbs should they be severed.[DJW 1]
Alien X can survive a timeline destruction.[DR 1]
In order for Alien X to perform any action, including simple movement and transforming back, all three of his personalities must agree to do so. This has proven to be a major weakness, as Serena and Bellicus were not interested in dealing with present affairs and wanted to finish past ones that were not possible to deal with without Ben.[note 3] In Omniverse, Ben still needs to consult Bellicus and Serena to get control. He is just better at it now.[DJW 2][DJW 3]
|The weaknesses mentioned ahead are, firstly, 'Word of God' statements, i.e., have not been seen on the show and may not necessarily be canon, and secondly, are applicable only if Alien X is too slow to react due to deliberations by the personalities, i.e., Alien X, can protect himself from these weaknesses using his powers, provided he uses them.|
Alien X's powers may be limited to the basic cosmic laws of other universes or may not work depending on the universe.[DJW 9]
- Alien X first appeared in X = Ben + 2, where he stopped a flood caused by a broken dam. After much fruitless arguing, Ben convinces Serena and Bellicus to transform him into another alien (mostly by insulting them). Ben swore that he won't use Alien X again, as it is not worth the price.
- The same scene reoccured in a flashback in The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2.
- In The Forge of Creation, Ben half-heartedly turned into Alien X in hopes of learning the location of the Forge of Creation from Bellicus and Serena. However, they start debating about other things as usual when Professor Paradox suddenly appears, putting himself in danger by going into the presence of Bellicus and Serena, who almost voted to destroy Paradox because he is not allowed to be within 500 light-years of a Celestialsapien. Paradox reverted Alien X back into Ben before the two personalities could come to a vote.
- In So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies, Alien X was unable to stop the Annihilargh from destroying the universe. Fortunately, Ben managed to convince Bellicus and Serena to recreate a near-identical copy.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Alien X defeated the Galactic Gladiator, winning the trial for recreating the universe.
- In Weapon XI: Part 1, Alien X battled the Rooters and the brainwashed Amalgam Kids.
- In A New Dawn, Skurd used Alien X's DNA to create a sword for Chromastone, which managed to pierce the Annihilargh's barrier. Later, Alien X appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- In Ben 10,000 Returns, Negative Alien X was mentioned by Professor Paradox, where, in an alternate timeline, Albedo turned into said transformation and was trapped motionless for nearly a year.
- Season 1
- X = Ben + 2 (first appearance)
- Season 2
- The Forge of Creation (first reappearance)
- Season 3
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (flashback; cameo)
- Season 1
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies (first reappearance)
- Season 6
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Season 8
Alien X is a playable Exosuit of the Atlas Brigade on Project Exonaut. He is available for purchase at level 20 for 1000 coins. His Weapon Mod, similar to Ultimate Swampfire's, decreases the Marksman's clips to three shots, but greatly increases the firing rate, speed, accuracy, and damage.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Alien X||From the original English name|
|Arabic||الفضائي اكس||Alfadaaiy Ax/Alfadae Iks, Alien X|
|Bulgarian||Извънземно Хикс||From Извънземно, alien and Хикс, the Bulgarian pronunciation of letter X|
|Chinese||X超人||From X and 超人 (Chāo Rén), Superman|
|French||Alien X||From the original name|
|German||Alien X||From the original name|
|Greek||Εξωγήνος Χ||From Εξωγήνος, alien. Pronounced as eksoginos|
|Hungarian||X lény||From X, and lény, creature|
|Italian||Alienics||From alien and ics, the Italian pronunciation of letter X|
|Polish||Obcy X||From obcy, alien, and X|
|Portuguese (Br)||Alien X||From the original name|
|Romanian||Extraterestrul X||From extraterestru, alien, and X|
|From герой/geroy, hero and X|
From cупергерой/supergeroy, superhero and X
From cупергерой/supergeroy, superhero and X
|Serbian||Ванземаљац Икс/Vanzemaljac Iks||From ванземаљац/Vanzemaljac, alien, and Iks, the Serbian pronunciation of letter X|
|Spanish (HA)||Alien X
Extraterrestre X (Universe vs. Tennyson and Weapon XI: Part 1)
|From the original name; pronounced /'alɪɛn 'ɛkɪs/.|
From alienígena, alien and X.
From extraterrestre, extraterrestrial and X.
|Spanish (Spain)||Alien X||From the original name|
|Swedish||Alien X||From the original name|
|Turkish||Uzaylı X||from Alien X|
Alien X's name is made up of "alien", a reference to him being an extraterrestrial life form, as well as a transformation, and "X", the roman numeral for 10, which refers to both his mysteriousness and the fact that he is Ben's tenth alien in Alien Force.
- Alien X is the most powerful being in the Omnitrix.[note 5]
- The "debate dimension" exists inside Alien X's head,[DM 2] it is not a real place. Rather, it is a visual interpretation of what is happening mentally.[DJW 12]
- Alien X, like his birthplace, exists outside the universes (time and space). Beings existing outside time and space are simultaneously everywhere and nowhere at the same time.[DR 2]
- In Alien Force, Ben served as the tiebreaker for Alien X; if two of the personalities agreed on something, the motion was carried. This was altered in Omniverse, as all three personalities must agree.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Ben offers to let the two personalities argue between themselves for eternity if they give him full control over Alien X. Serena agrees, followed by an initially reluctant Bellicus, giving Ben full control over Alien X. This is seen again in Weapon XI: Part 1.
- Alien X's starred body is not simply "aesthetic"; rather, Alien X, and by extension, all Celestialsapiens contain their own "pocket universes". This explains how Professor Paradox was able to travel inside Alien X and speak to Ben whilst he was arguing with Serena and Bellicus before reversing the transformation.
- Sometime between the events of The Final Battle: Part 2 and The Forge of Creation, Ben had had the Ultimatrix modified to lock the Alien X transformation, to both prevent himself from accidentally transforming into him and as a safety measure to keep someone like Albedo from using it. The only way to access Alien X was to use a pair of keys in Gwen and Kevin's possession.
- Albedo's Bellicus and Serena would appear red.[DJW 13]
- In A Jolt from the Past, Rook speaks of Alien X, but believes he is just a rumor. Ben tries to convince him that Alien X is real, but Rook doesn't believe him and asks Ben to transform and show him, which Ben refused.
- This conversation happens again in So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies, and by the end of the episode, Rook sees Alien X for real, but after the universe is restored by Ben, his memory of Alien X no longer remains and he disbelieves Ben when the latter says that he used Alien X to recreate the Universe.
- Finally, on seeing Celestialsapiens and Alien X in Universe vs. Tennyson, Rook believes Ben.
- In Andreas' Fault, a fan of Ben refers to the Alien X smoothie as a disappointment as well as saying it tastes like "filler". This is a reference to Alien X's constant standing in the series.
- Ironically, in many promotional images of him, Alien X is posing dramatically (like in the openings to Alien Force and Ultimate Alien), while in the actual series, most of the time, he is frozen in a standing-up position.
- Alien X had concept art drawn by Eric Canete, whereas his final design was created by Glenn Wong, with color styling by Chris Hooten.[GW 1]
- The original plan for Alien X had him with two faces talking to represent two personalities in one body. However, because of animation challenges and the fact that Alien X has one male and one female personality, which was not reflected by the faces, the idea was scrapped.[GM 1]
- Alien X was the first alien featured in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien to not be voiced by Dee Bradley Baker; the second being Rath.
- During the entirety of Season 1 of Alien Force, the opening of the show only displayed a silhouette of Alien X because he was meant to be a surprise alien. From Season 2 onwards, the intro began showing Alien X's full image.
- Alien X is a Nano and a former NPC in the game FusionFall.
- In Project Exonaut, Alien X is a level 10 suit.
- Alien X's celestial abilities and appearance are similar to the hero Captain Universe from Marvel Comics.
- There has been much debate between fans as to if Alien X (and Celestialsapiens by extension) is to be considered omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent. Given that literally any thought of Alien X can be converted to reality, by definition Alien X is all-powerful and thus is omnipotent. While his physical form does have weaknesses, they can be eliminated at any moment by a resolution of his personalities. His actions being reverted by other Celestialsapiens, and him being harmed because of the time it takes for the personalities to agree to defend themselves is a practical limitation on Alien X. In theory, he has all possible power, as there is no thought that cannot be converted into reality. Yet, due to the aforementioned limitations, some fans consider him to be nigh-omnipotent. The discretion is left to the reader to decide which category to put Alien X in.
- This is because the Annihilargh affected only the universe, while Alien X, like other Celestialsapiens, is not born out of the universe, rather, he is an entity separate from it.
- This weakness was referenced by Professor Paradox, when he revealed that there is an alternate timeline where Albedo transformed into Negative Alien X and was stuck motionless for nearly a year.
- This was in fact Aggregor's master plan: he collected the powers of 5 aliens (Galapagus, Bivalvan, Andreas, Ra'ad, P'andor) from the Andromeda Galaxy to obtain the Map of Infinity, which he used to gain access to the Forge of Creation, so he could absorb the powers of a newborn Celestialsapien.
- It has been stated on the show that Celestialsapiens possess the greatest power in the universe. hence this implication. It is also stated in the Cartoon Network Magazine.[merch 1] However, Dwayne McDuffie once refuted the statement.[DM 1]
- File:Alien X Doesn't Have Full Control.PNG
- File:Ben Still Needs to Consult.png
- File:Upchuck Eat Celestialsapien.png
- File:Celestialsapiens Sleeping Dust.PNG
- File:Whampire Celestialsapien.PNG
- File:What Anur Vladias used to be like.png
- File:Limitation of Alien X in other realities.png
- File:Celestialsapiens powers don't work right on magic.png
- File:Alien X Debate Dimension.png
- File:Negative Serena and Bellicus.png